ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

immigration status document for travel

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

olujay25

immigration status document for travel

Post by olujay25 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:26 pm

Hello everyone,
my permanent resident card was issued on A4 paper after the border agency lost my passport am planning to get a new passport and my initial plan was to ask them to transfer my status onto my passport but when i rang them they said it will take same time as applying for a new one and all documents submitted in the first application will have to be submitted again,i dont want to go through all that again even though they are the one who lost my passport in the first place. My question is can i use the permanent resident card issued on A4 paper to travel in and out of the country.Its exactly like the one they put on passport with all security features on it.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:19 pm

Yes you can.
To get in and out of the UK should not be a problem. Some EU countries (l believe France is one of them) won't accept that for Schengen visa if you need one. Also, airlines might be a bit suspicious and you will need to prove to them that this is legitimate. If you are not visa national, then you should not have any problem as the UK side would be just fine.

Godott

Post by Godott » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:55 pm

Jambo wrote:Yes you can.
To get in and out of the UK should not be a problem. Some EU countries (l believe France is one of them) won't accept that for Schengen visa if you need one. Also, airlines might be a bit suspicious and you will need to prove to them that this is legitimate. If you are not visa national, then you should not have any problem as the UK side would be just fine.
How to prove them that document is legitimate? By providing COA, the letter that states that application was successful? Marriage certificate, and perhaps, council tax bill , i.e, to prove that you are residing in the UK?
I am asking for the reason that I suspect I have been issued with the RC on A4, but as you know from previous posts, still I am waiting for it to arrive to my address.. So, I would have to prove that my RC on A4 is legitimate as well to the staff of certain airlines, as I suppose they wont be bothered to call H O for the clarification.

Or, maybe airline could contact British consulate of that certain country to check on my status. Is it possible for airline to do so? Im sorry but I have no idea how these things go. .Seems like I am going to face it all for the first time soon when decide to go abroad for my holiday.

Thanks
... Theatre of Absurdity..

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:00 pm

olujay25,

Are UKBA paying for the replacement passport? Are they offering you any additional compensation?

UKBA claims that the Residence Card Vignette on the Immigration Status Document (the A4 page) is perfectly valid, and that they have not received any complaints about it. So if you have any problems, be sure to be the first to complain!

olujay25

Post by olujay25 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:42 pm

I am not chasing them for compensation just wants all dealings with them over hopefully it will in January when i apply for naturalisation. I have everything to proof that i am living and working in UK so i will be taking them with me. Does anyone knows which embassy wont accept them if i want to apply for visa in Europe.
Thank you all.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:48 pm

And you are not even getting them to pay for the replacement passport? You could just send them a polite note. I am sure they will pay you. It was their fault.