ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

british citizenship after legacy ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

flojomojo
Newly Registered

british citizenship after legacy ILR

Post by flojomojo » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:07 am

Hi everybody i was wondering whether one can apply for BC after being granted ILR under the asylum legacy criteria. i have a relative who was granted ILR following the case being under legacy and having gone to at least one appeal. can anyone advise please? thanks in advance. :? :shock:

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:32 pm

Its all clearly mentioned in the guid AN available on UKBA website. Applicants granted outside rules (legacy) can apply after 12 months if they meet other standard requirements.

Twin
Member of Standing

Post by Twin » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:25 am

Mrlookforward,

when granted ILR, it didn't say anywhere on my grant letter that i'd been considered outside the rules (even though I was an overstayer).

My application was based on human rights on the plea that my child whom was born here had lived here for over 7 years.

Although, the decision letter didn't explicitly say that I was granted on this basis, can I assume that my naturalisation would be considered as that of someone who was granted outside the rules?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:12 am

Twin wrote:Mrlookforward,

when granted ILR, it didn't say anywhere on my grant letter that i'd been considered outside the rules (even though I was an overstayer).

My application was based on human rights on the plea that my child whom was born here had lived here for over 7 years.

Although, the decision letter didn't explicitly say that I was granted on this basis, can I assume that my naturalisation would be considered as that of someone who was granted outside the rules?
what does your grant letter say? Look at your immigration status document-does that say- 'this leave was granted exceptionally outside the immigration rules' ?

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:32 pm

The simple answer is, if the applicant didn't apply on a specific immigration category form, then the grant is outside the rules.