ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to prove paid holidays

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

How to prove paid holidays

Post by Son_of_Soil » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:47 am

Hi,
I am currently preparing a list of absents from the Uk in last 5 years. For the first two years i was working in various temp job in a diff city to where i am now and for the last three years i have been working for same employer and all holidays are paid.

If questioned by Case worker when i go for my ILR on the basis of HSMP Jr pre nov 2006 ,what kinda proof i can show to prove that these were paid holiday?Also, do Case worker normally ask for the proof?

Apart from a letter from my current employer stating i am working , do i need another letter confirming my paid holidays?

Info much apprecaited.
Thanks

rajesh_kumar01

Re: How to prove paid holidays

Post by rajesh_kumar01 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:51 am

Son_of_Soil wrote:Hi,
I am currently preparing a list of absents from the Uk in last 5 years. For the first two years i was working in various temp job in a diff city to where i am now and for the last three years i have been working for same employer and all holidays are paid.

If questioned by Case worker when i go for my ILR on the basis of HSMP Jr pre nov 2006 ,what kinda proof i can show to prove that these were paid holiday?Also, do Case worker normally ask for the proof?

Apart from a letter from my current employer stating i am working , do i need another letter confirming my paid holidays?

Info much apprecaited.
Thanks
normally paid holidays(leaves) are 27-30 days in a year.. otherwise also if you were not out for more than 90 days continuously then you need not to prove any thing

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Son_of_Soil » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:59 am

Thanks Rajesh

maximum Days i have stayed out of the country is 24(including travelling days), , total no of days absent from Uk is 123 days, so you think i dnt need to get any letters from current employer.

also , plz advise on 1st two years where i was working in various temp jobs and have no proof holiday being paid.

sent you pvt message aswell

Thanks
rajesh_kumar01 wrote:

Info much apprecaited.
Thanks
normally paid holidays(leaves) are 27-30 days in a year.. otherwise also if you were not out for more than 90 days continuously then you need not to prove any thing

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:30 am

Son_of_Soil wrote:Thanks Rajesh

maximum Days i have stayed out of the country is 24(including travelling days), , total no of days absent from Uk is 123 days, so you think i dnt need to get any letters from current employer.

also , plz advise on 1st two years where i was working in various temp jobs and have no proof holiday being paid.

Thanks
rajesh_kumar01 wrote:

Info much apprecaited.
Thanks
two options - Show salary slips and bank statement for those out of UK days
Secondly get employer letter certifying paid vacation allowance / dates on which it was taken.

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Son_of_Soil » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:11 pm

Thanks XYZ

Do they normally ask for proof even if its less than 180 days in 5 years? I dnt have salary slips for 1st 2 years and not even sure if i was working when i travelled., all this panicking me as i cnt really prove anything (work, holiday etc)

Regards
xyz123 wrote:

Thanks
rajesh_kumar01 wrote:

Info much apprecaited.
Thanks
Secondly get employer letter certifying paid vacation allowance / dates on which it was taken.

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:31 pm

Son_of_Soil wrote:Thanks XYZ

Do they normally ask for proof even if its less than 180 days in 5 years? I dnt have salary slips for 1st 2 years and not even sure if i was working when i travelled., all this panicking me as i cnt really prove anything (work, holiday etc)

Regards
xyz123 wrote:

Thanks
rajesh_kumar01 wrote:
I dont know 100% but i would have thought that if absences are less than 180 then as per the rules there is no problem and hence there shouldnt be any questions!

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Post by khalidmirza » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:32 pm

Info much apprecaited.
Thanks
Please be informed that Pre Nov hsmp applicants under JR do not need to prove paid holidays or even Tier 1(General) does not have to prove paid holidays. Tier 1(general)/Hsmp JR cases requirement is that they did not claim benefits and have been economically active at the time of ILR application. Through out their stay they have been able to support themselves with out recourse to public funds. Paid holidays question arises for work permit holders or who exceeds 180 days absence. Your case is simple.You are within 180 days, have been able to support yourself with out benefits and you should have some sort of evidence for funds available to you during past 5 years like p60 or any support funds from relatives or family even. Please relax

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Son_of_Soil » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:06 pm

Thanks Mate
I guess as the time is approaching for my ILR , i am geting all these doubts in my mind. Thanks for clarifying this.

Regards

khalidmirza wrote:

Info much apprecaited.
Thanks
Please be informed that Pre Nov hsmp applicants under JR do not need to prove paid holidays or even Tier 1(General) does not have to prove paid holidays. Tier 1(general)/Hsmp JR cases requirement is that they did not claim benefits and have been economically active at the time of ILR application. Through out their stay they have been able to support themselves with out recourse to public funds. Paid holidays question arises for work permit holders or who exceeds 180 days absence. Your case is simple.You are within 180 days, have been able to support yourself with out benefits and you should have some sort of evidence for funds available to you during past 5 years like p60 or any support funds from relatives or family even. Please relax

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Post by khalidmirza » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:20 pm

Son_of_Soil wrote:Thanks Mate
I guess as the time is approaching for my ILR , i am geting all these doubts in my mind. Thanks for clarifying this.

Regards

khalidmirza wrote:

Info much apprecaited.
Thanks
Set(o) form clearly says
Evidence of your finances. If you have to complete section 5, bank statements, building society savings
book(s), pay slips or other formal documents as evidence of your ability to maintain and accommodate yourself and any dependants without recourse to public funds. (See Note 5)
Note 5 We do not accept internet or cashpoint statements as evidence of finances. If you claim that a relative
or friend is providing you with financial support (see question 5.4), in addition to evidence of your own finances,
you must provide bank statements or other documents of the kind described above as evidence of their financial
resources. The documents showing the finances available to you and to any person supporting you should cover
at least the last 3 months

Your documents needed are 3 months payslip, 3 months bank statement, p60 for five years(or as many as u have) current employer letter(although not a requirement but we have made it a requirement by submitting extra documents, and rest passports photos etc

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Son_of_Soil » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:50 pm

Thanks guys

Apprecaite it

rajesh_kumar01

Post by rajesh_kumar01 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:51 pm

Thanks
you don;t need to do any thing if it is less than 90 days on one go ..
I had 87 days continuous and total 150 days in 5 years.. I did not provide any document.. I got ILR