ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEU spouse in UK,when can we apply for DCF for US

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kittygogogo
Newly Registered

EEU spouse in UK,when can we apply for DCF for US

Post by kittygogogo » Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:16 pm

I realize that if I marry a UK spouse, I would be eligible for FLR in two years, but with a spouse from the EU (living in UK),it will take me FIVE years to gain FLR. Does this mean that I would need to wait five years to apply for DCF in UK to get my EEA spouse legal into the US? Can we apply for DCF in husband's country even though we will not be living there?

Any insight would be helpful.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:22 pm

1. IIRC US consulate in London started around 2 years ago requiring DCF applicants to have a USC spouse 'resident' in the UK where said residence = ILR. As such you would have to wait 5 years for DCF.

2. DCF in your spouse's country depends on the local US consulate policy on their definition of 'residence' by the USC. Knowing the relevant nationality would get you a more definitive answer.