ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Post by manyaonisland » Sun May 29, 2011 4:35 pm

senthil_1977 wrote:You can ask the health visitor or the doctor from your surgery. They might refuse to do so, which they did for us.
We had child care arrangement, so was able to get the signature from one of them.
I dont know further, how you can address this. I did think of having my professional friends for the signature, but it would be lying. However my other friends have done that and had no problem.
Can senior members help in this?

Unfortunately i do not have any child care arrangements. When you say - my professional friends for the signature - what do you mean?

senthil_1977
Newly Registered

Post by senthil_1977 » Sun May 29, 2011 4:36 pm

I am a doctor and hence my friends.

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Post by manyaonisland » Sun May 29, 2011 4:55 pm

senthil_1977 wrote:I am a doctor and hence my friends.

I see .. got you... can someone please provide further guidance/ experience specifically about the professional references.

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Post by manyaonisland » Sun May 29, 2011 5:28 pm

Hello Senthil

Are you planning to apply for Child Benefit now? I hope applying for the same does not affect our application during naturalization. what are your thoughts?

senthil_1977
Newly Registered

Post by senthil_1977 » Sun May 29, 2011 5:30 pm

You need to send the birthcertificate for MN1. So have applied that first and then planning to applying for benefit now.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun May 29, 2011 7:35 pm

manyaonisland wrote:Also what did you do about references.. whose references have you taken they require one - professional who has engaged with the child in a professional capacity, such as a teacher, health visitor, social worker or minister of religion.

What has you done in this regards.. my daughter is 2 yrs old and as such does not go to school yet.
I suggest you contact the HO and ask for their advice. There have been cases of members in the forum in which they either used two non-professional referees or none at all and the application was approved. This was usually in cases similar to yours where the child is young.

blay1

Post by blay1 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:25 pm

senthil_1977 wrote:Thanks again Vinny.
However the question 1.3 refers when the child had ILR. That's where my dilemma arises. I am not sure whether to leave it blank or enter my ILR date, which in effect would be a lie.
Regards
Senthil.
Hi Sentil
I will like to know what you wrote in section 1.2 and 1.3 of the MN1 FORM please. :?:

senthil_1977
Newly Registered

Post by senthil_1977 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:37 pm

1.2 - I left it blank
1.3 - i left the date blank. but wrote just beneath the question - Not applicable, child born in UK

blay1

Post by blay1 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:13 pm

senthil_1977 wrote:1.2 - I left it blank
1.3 - i left the date blank. but wrote just beneath the question - Not applicable, child born in UK
Thanks for the quick reply

Vik12
Newly Registered

Post by Vik12 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:24 pm

Dear Senthill,

Please help me as i am filling the form MN1 for my daughter born in uk and who is 4.5 yrs old.
We got our ILR on 14.6.2011 including my daughter.

I am confused on some question it will be great if u help me out on this,.

q1.1 which nationality act ( i answered 1(3) ) is this correct

q1.2. uk border agency ref: no ( is this the same on the visa sticker)

q 2.1 if the child is resident in the uk please give date and place of first arrival ?

As my daughter is born here what will be the answer

Section 3:
3.1 Please state which parent is a British citizen by desent and on whom this application is based:

As we got ilr on 14.6.2011 shall i leave this blank ?
Do i need to fill the section 3 if yes which part do i need to fill ?

6.1 Fathers consent : i declared that
Mothers consent : Wife declatred that
Do we still need to fill the Guardian consent and put both parents name ?

Refernces: 1st is by the Daughter's school teacher and second is my friend with the British Passport over 25 years :::: Is this ok ?

I will wait for ur respose ...

Many thanks in advance

senthil_1977
Newly Registered

Post by senthil_1977 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:17 am

1.1 - Section 1 (3) is correct
1.2 - i think the visa number is irrelevant and I left it blank
2.1 - child's date of birth
3.1 - not applicable
6.1 - guardian - since you both parents are there, question of guardian is not there
References - what you have stated is fine.[/b]

Vik12
Newly Registered

Post by Vik12 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:35 am

Thanks for ur reply
So section 3 (full)shall I crossed out ?

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Post by manyaonisland » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:00 am

senthil_1977 wrote:1.1 - Section 1 (3) is correct
1.2 - i think the visa number is irrelevant and I left it blank
2.1 - child's date of birth
3.1 - not applicable
6.1 - guardian - since you both parents are there, question of guardian is not there
References - what you have stated is fine.[/b]
I even left section 2.1 blank as child was born in UK.
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.

rajesh_kumar01

Post by rajesh_kumar01 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:53 pm

senthil_1977 wrote:You need to send the birthcertificate for MN1. So have applied that first and then planning to applying for benefit now.
Hi senthil ,

congratulations.Your application was processed really fast. I have sent for my daugther. It has been 2 weeks but they have not taken money yet.
Could you please let me know , which benefit you can apply ( My case is similar to your).

Thanks
Rajesh

ilrdilemma
Newly Registered

Post by ilrdilemma » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:45 pm

Vik12 wrote:Dear Senthill,

Please help me as i am filling the form MN1 for my daughter born in uk and who is 4.5 yrs old.
We got our ILR on 14.6.2011 including my daughter.

I am confused on some question it will be great if u help me out on this,.

q1.1 which nationality act ( i answered 1(3) ) is this correct

q1.2. uk border agency ref: no ( is this the same on the visa sticker)

q 2.1 if the child is resident in the uk please give date and place of first arrival ?

As my daughter is born here what will be the answer

Section 3:
3.1 Please state which parent is a British citizen by desent and on whom this application is based:

As we got ilr on 14.6.2011 shall i leave this blank ?
Do i need to fill the section 3 if yes which part do i need to fill ?

6.1 Fathers consent : i declared that
Mothers consent : Wife declatred that
Do we still need to fill the Guardian consent and put both parents name ?

Refernces: 1st is by the Daughter's school teacher and second is my friend with the British Passport over 25 years :::: Is this ok ?

I will wait for ur respose ...

Many thanks in advance
Just curious why did you apply for your daughter's ILR when she was born in UK? You could have directly applied for her MN1 after your ILR..

VishalG

Post by VishalG » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:30 pm

Hello Senthil

How did you made your payment for MN1 form and also what did you fill in payment receipt form in HO Ref: Column.

thanks

rajesh_kumar01

Post by rajesh_kumar01 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:34 pm

VishalG wrote:Hello Senthil

How did you made your payment for MN1 form and also what did you fill in payment receipt form in HO Ref: Column.

thanks
you can pay by credit card...
HO Ref : is your/your partner HO reference number for ILR

VishalG

Post by VishalG » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:19 pm

Thanks for reply

Can anyone suggest please if I go thought NCS how much fee do I need to pay (want to apply for my daughter only using MN1 Form).

Also I can see that it is taking more than 2-3 months as the MN1 timeline forum and also can't see anyone posted anything who applied after Mid May 2011 or in june for MN1 and got Naturalization certificate by now.

As My situation is me and my wife got ILR but not my daughter (3 Year Born in UK). Bit worried what to do and how.

Thanks in Advance

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:05 pm

VishalG wrote:Thanks for reply

Can anyone suggest please if I go thought NCS how much fee do I need to pay (want to apply for my daughter only using MN1 Form).

Also I can see that it is taking more than 2-3 months as the MN1 timeline forum and also can't see anyone posted anything who applied after Mid May 2011 or in june for MN1 and got Naturalization certificate by now.

As My situation is me and my wife got ILR but not my daughter (3 Year Born in UK). Bit worried what to do and how.

Thanks in Advance
Don't be worried. Your daughter application is quite straight forward. She has entitlement to register as UK citizen. In the past approval took 2-3 weeks but it seems that now it takes a bit longer. She doesn't need to have a ILR when applying to register as British.

The fee for one child application using MN1 form is £540. If you apply via NCS, then NCS will also fill in the payment form for you during the appointment. No need to do that in advance. You will also need to pay separately for the NCS appointment (usually when booking it).

VishalG

Post by VishalG » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:54 pm

Great Thanks for reply

Can you please suggest me if apply her naturalization what document do I need to send Original or Copy and also if copy do I need to get it attested and can I get it done from post office.

I checked with NCS they said 42£ but by looking at their site it seems 26£, which one is correct.

Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:17 pm

See here for list of supporting documents. You should also read the MN1 Guide
Basically,
- Child passport (including old ones if she has)
- Full Birth certificate
- Parents passports (to show ILR)
- Parents marriage certificate.

You will need to send originals not copies. If you use NCS, their will make certified copies of all your documents during the appointment and return them to you (the PO can not be used to certify documents).

You can use any NCS you wish. Not just the one where you live. Shop around. Different councils have different prices. Some offer cheaper prices for children application.

VishalG

Post by VishalG » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:28 pm

Thanks for your reply and help

I sent my application using NCS and they took my passport copy and Birth certificate copy of my daughter only.

Can anyone suggest me how I will get any confirmation that they have received my application and also If I call them how can i track application as I don't know what is home office reference number.

Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:00 pm

Within two to three weeks you should receive a letter of acknowledgement of your application (as soon as they deduct the fee). This will also include the HO reference number. MN1 applications are usually quick - about a month nowadays.

VishalG

Post by VishalG » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:38 am

Great Thanks Jumbo