ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Local Authority/Housing Association tenancy & Spouse Vis

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SoHopeful

Local Authority/Housing Association tenancy & Spouse Vis

Post by SoHopeful » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:10 am

I am currently a tenant with an indefinite Housing Association tenancy. I have 2 bedrooms and by law can have up to one more adult and child live here. For purposes of the spouse visa do i need to go the same length as others with privately rented or owned properties to prove it is big enough, i.e property inspection report and photos? All i have is a letter from my housing officer to confirm the size and that my husband has permission to move in.

STLewis

Post by STLewis » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:17 pm

Hi So Hopeful,

I simply copied my Tenancy Agreement and I highlighted the clause which stated how many people could live there. There was also an additional clause in mine, stating that should I die my tenancy agreement would pass to my spouse, even if they were not on the Agreement.

This reassured the Embassy that he would not be homeless should I die, and the property would not be overcrowded. You don't need to do anything else. I didnt, and we were successful first time.

Good luck!

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:59 pm

Thank You!

I have requested a new copy of my agreement, so i shall do as you mentioned and highlight the section which confirms he can move in. Coupled with the letter from the housing officer that should be fine.