ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:41 pm

Tuner wrote:U know what wil happen now?

Now after u pay 950 letters from INIS with ceremony invitation wil start to delay, like 6 weeks now, 10 weeks later, 14 weeks later on...
Or dates for ceremony will start to look too far away, like u pay 950 and the ceremony will be put off til 1 year later.

The main thing for them - u paid 950 euro, your money is theirs.
As much as the experience of dealing with the DoJ/INIS has left much to be desired for many people in the past; I, as am sure many may however not share your pessimism. The new pattern emerging from last week seems to suggests that the DoJ are planning to have multiple citizenship ceremony across the country. The MoJ had promised to that effect. If that is the case, I don't actually see how it will create the kind of hold up you are implying. The opposite is very much likely to be the case as CoN will be handed out on the day of the ceremony.

Look at it this way, we all know that the district courts across the country don't sit in August, we now have a situation where most applicants getting approvals now will not only get to do the oath taking but an addedd bonus of getting their cert on the same day.

Now does that cheer you up Turner?

9jeirean
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

Tuner

Post by Tuner » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:30 pm

What will cheer me up is just a small approval for my son (24) of class 2009.

Lets pray the Minister doesnt go into DEEP PROFOUND SLEEP after he signed such a big batch of approvals . People in INIS saying he signs them by batches.

Seems like we didnt get into that batch as we sent P21 etc only 3 weeks ago, on their request.

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:09 pm

Tuner wrote:What will cheer me up is just a small approval for my son (24) of class 2009.

Lets pray the Minister doesnt go into DEEP PROFOUND SLEEP after he signed such a big batch of approvals . People in INIS saying he signs them by batches.

Seems like we didnt get into that batch as we sent P21 etc only 3 weeks ago, on their request.
by the way tuner here is some to cheer you up
they asked me to submit my p21 and other documents on 4th May and I got the approval on 22nd July so it is not that far for your son

your son's approval soon will be in your post box, give it another 3 weeks.
peace on you

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:23 pm

Tuner wrote:What will cheer me up is just a small approval for my son (24) of class 2009.

Every person who still not gets his/her approval has the same concerns or worries as you have but the only way to tackle this is by being positive in your thinking. I am also feeling positive the train is definitely moving but it is the pace and stations at which it stops is making people frustrated. So Be Positive and Enjoy your Present Life. Future will definitely bring the Good News. GOOD LUCK
PIKKA

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:34 pm

is any body apply citizenship after 24 june 2011 if they got knowldment letter .what is the pr ocessing time.

ilovedublin
Newly Registered

Post by ilovedublin » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:40 pm

[quote="Aceform"]

[quote="ilovedublin"]I received a letter from Citizenship section today. I was totally surprised to see this letter. They are now asking following documents from me:

1. The prescribed fee of 950 EU (Postal order/Bank draft)
2. Two colour passport sized photographs taken within the past thirty days. The xx/xxxx/11 reference number should be written on the back of the photos.
3. Original certificate of registration (green book/GNIB Card)
4. Original Travel document , not National passport. (not applicable for me anyway).

They also mentioned that they will send me a invitation to attend citizenship ceremony within 6 six weeks of receipt of the above documents.

Here is the application details
----------------------------------
Applied: March 2011

Acknowledgement : March 2011
LTR Applied: March 2011
LTR Approved: June 2011
LTR Submitted to Citizenship section: June 2011
Approved: 07th July 2011

Non-EU/ 5 years work permit visa/
No document requested / Parking fines two times.

I would like to thanks everybody here for your valuable inputs. And good luck for all other applicants.

[/quote]

This is superb news. The fastest approval I've seen so far in Eire.

[/quote]

Thanks Aceform and 9jeirean

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:41 pm

ilovedublin wrote:I received a letter from Citizenship section today. I was totally surprised to see this letter. They are now asking following documents from me:

2. Two colour passport sized photographs taken within the past thirty days. The xx/xxxx/11 reference number should be written on the back of the photos.
4. Original Travel document , not National passport. (not applicable for me anyway).

They also mentioned that they will send me a invitation to attend citizenship ceremony within 6 six weeks of receipt of the above documents.

I would like to thanks everybody here for your valuable inputs. And good luck for all other applicants.
Congratulations. This is the fastest I have ever heard. March 2011 till July 2011. Its amazing.

One of my friend applied in Jun 2010 and he also applied LTR at the same time. His LTR approved in March 2011 I guess and in July 2011 He got his Yellow Form.

I applied in May 2010 without LTR and still waiting no news as of yet :(

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:47 pm

woh its great.i cant believe that fastest approval so far i heared.congrutaltion.is any body apply after 24 june got his/her knowledgement letter.what is processing time in letter.

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:05 pm

Congrats to all the folks who recently got citizenship. Again, begging people to please add/update your details on http://www.editgrid.com/user/scrudu/citizenship_apps as this thread is WAY too long :)

nargis77
Newly Registered

Post by nargis77 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:27 am

[quote="scrudu"]Congrats to all the folks who recently got citizenship. Again, begging people to please add/update your details on http://www.editgrid.com/user/scrudu/citizenship_apps as this thread is WAY too long :)[/quote]

Hi scrudu,

looks like u worked very hard with the sheet..r u doing a research? :)

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:09 am

ilovedublin wrote:I received a letter from Citizenship section today. I was totally surprised to see this letter. They are now asking following documents from me:

few questions.

1) did u stay at only 1 town/city during ur last 5 years? its because those who roam around different cities, inis need to get garda report from each city garda station.

Also, which nationality are you? (ofcourse u r irish now :) but if u don't mind telling people here in the forum send me pm

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:47 am

Approval in 4 months.... WOW!!!! Well done, that is even quicker than the processing times for residence cards! Congrats!!
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

savy

Post by savy » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:54 am

Congrats :wink: to all who got approvals !!!!

ilovedublin, your application is superfast - excellent :lol:

Good luck to all who's still waiting....including myself, i am Jan-2009 batch :roll:

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:17 am

scrudu wrote:Congrats to all the folks who recently got citizenship. Again, begging people to please add/update your details on http://www.editgrid.com/user/scrudu/citizenship_apps as this thread is WAY too long :)
I am totally agree with scrudu and by doing this at least some people would have some hope that INIS is doing their job now.
PIKKA

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:32 am

My Hearty Congratulations to
RoyalDutch
still waiting
nargis77
zzz
justcurious
dory
ilovedublin
djbsjb
Week is not over yet I am still waiting for more people's approvals. GOOD LUCK
PIKKA

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:12 pm

PIKKA wrote:
scrudu wrote:Congrats to all the folks who recently got citizenship. Again, begging people to please add/update your details on http://www.editgrid.com/user/scrudu/citizenship_apps as this thread is WAY too long :)
I am totally agree with scrudu and by doing this at least some people would have some hope that INIS is doing their job now.
Yes its a good idea to add details in the excel sheet.

Another idea is to create separate threads like we already have 2009 timeline. So we can create 2010 timeline thread.

I guess no need for 2011 timelines as seems like it does not have any time line they are getting very quickly :D

Heinrich

Citizenship approval

Post by Heinrich » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:32 pm

Gee,
Its so nice to see all the approvals coming in so soon..its far from the 25 months I waited for mine....my neighboor just burst through my front door with her approval.
She applied March 2010,acknowledge April 2010 and today her approval...no updated documents requested.She been living/working here for 10 years-normal working permit.
Congrats to all the new Irish and best of luck for those of u still waiting :D .It will happen sooner than u expects...

Eastend

Re: Citizenship approval

Post by Eastend » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:44 pm

Anyone have idea when DoJ is going to org next citizenship ceremony. There were lot of approvals in this week and last week. seems approvals are stopped now....

Eastend

Re: Citizenship approval

Post by Eastend » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:50 pm

At last received approval letter today after 48 months of waiting.

thanks to everyone in this form for their valued input which was a great help for me and sure for lot of other too are getting help from this form.

Ruan
Newly Registered

Post by Ruan » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:54 am

It's here...it's here....I GOT IT IN MY GRUBBY LITTLE PAWS !! The brown envelope with the harp......i'm speechless- 24 months of waiting.....i'm speechless....i do not care about the passport....THE LETTER CONFIRMS EVERYTHING !! JUL 2009- JUL 2011. 2 years is over....more beer...more beer now !!

Tuner

Post by Tuner » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:04 am

Ruan wrote:It's here...it's here....I GOT IT IN MY GRUBBY LITTLE PAWS !! The brown envelope with the harp......i'm speechless- 24 months of waiting.....i'm speechless....i do not care about the passport....THE LETTER CONFIRMS EVERYTHING !! JUL 2009- JUL 2011. 2 years is over....more beer...more beer now !!
to Ruan:
Do you have LTR? Were u here on 5year work permits?
When did u send P21, payslips, bank statements last, did they ask for that?

biggerjosh

Post by biggerjosh » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:20 am

hi there i did post the yellow form without the seal of the judge can u clarify whether any body had the seal on hid form is it just the signature. thanks

bugu07

Post by bugu07 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:07 am

[quote="biggerjosh"]hi there i did post the yellow form without the seal of the judge can u clarify whether any body had the seal on hid form is it just the signature. thanks[/quote

it is just a formality do not worry. If there is any problem they will let you know
I remember when I went there the secretary stamped my form even before any signature. That was only a district court seal with date. They also keep a record of all activities in district court. In case you need a stamp court seretary will do it for u. Doj will let u know in 2 days

Sinolate
Newly Registered

Post by Sinolate » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:03 am

Hey lads,
An acquaintance of mine got his yesterday. He applied in April 2010.

ks18217
Newly Registered

Approved

Post by ks18217 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:05 pm

FYI

Application for LTR: 07-2010 based on 5 years IT working visa
Approved: 02-2011
Applied: 09-2010
Ack: 10-2010
Sent LTR and other documents: 20-06-2011
Approval letter received: 07-07-2011
950 and GNIB card sent: 07-07-2011 :D