ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work Permit from 2006 (old rule?)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bazao
Newly Registered

Work Permit from 2006 (old rule?)

Post by bazao » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:38 pm

I am a WP holder from 2006 and applying for ILR soon.
Has anyone been on a similar (old WP) case and applied recently? How is old WP different from others in terms of the preparation of application material?
I think I should be using SET (O) and am applying to apply in person to save time. My only worry is the number of days I was away on work trips (with employer letter). Any difference here between WP holders and other visas?

genorp

Post by genorp » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:38 pm

WP is still pretty straight-forward. I entered on a WP in 2006 and got my ILR in March. The main differences between then and now are the salary requirement and the criminality threshold. You use the most current SET(O) and navigate past the Tier 1 stuff. All the information you need is in the application, such as the employer letter. Also get a letter from your employer listing all the work-related dates you were out of the country.

dimsav

Re: Work Permit from 2006 (old rule?)

Post by dimsav » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:43 pm

bazao wrote:I am a WP holder from 2006 and applying for ILR soon.
Has anyone been on a similar (old WP) case and applied recently? How is old WP different from others in terms of the preparation of application material?
I think I should be using SET (O) and am applying to apply in person to save time. My only worry is the number of days I was away on work trips (with employer letter). Any difference here between WP holders and other visas?
I've just got my ILR today at PEO Solihull, as a WP holder with the same employer for 5 years. No questions asked on absences at all (187 days), although all of them were either business trips or annual paid leaves, as also confirmed in my employer letter (without listing them, just a general confirmation). Pretty fast and straightforward -- very happy :-)

tcvn
Newly Registered

Post by tcvn » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:51 am

Hi Dimsav
Did you include COP in your letter?
I'm also on WP working for the same employer for 5 years, applying in August. I don't know what to do with the COP.
Do anyone know if it will be a problem if the SOC code is not close to the job tittle and the COP is borderline?
Thanks

riojamel

hi

Post by riojamel » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:36 am

please some 1 reply cop rules

dimsav

Post by dimsav » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:46 am

I did include a reference to the relevant SOC code, fortunately, my job is in the list. It was mentioned in a letter from our Human Resources alongside with the confirmation of my salary being above the appropriate level. If it may help, here is the template of that letter addressed to UKBA:

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: <Applicant's name> DOB: <Applicant's date of birth>

I am writing to confirm that <Your Name> has been employed within the <company> as a <job title> since <date>. His employment at <company> is supported by a five year work permit issued on <date> (Ref: <work permit number>).

<Name>‘s current salary is £XX,XXX which exceeds the appropriate salary rate for the Skilled Occupation Code (Code ZZZ - <relevant title>) under Tier 2 of the Points Based System.

<Company> is committed to <Name>‘s continued employment beyond the expiry date of his leave to remain in the UK (subject to UKBA approval). He continues to enhance and develop the work of <...> and his ongoing service remains of great importance to the <company>.

I trust the above is clear, but if you have require any clarification on the contents of this letter please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely, HR representative

From experience posted here by others, it seems that HO takes very seriously salary / SOC requirements for old WP holders. So, my advice is to try your best again in finding an appropriate match in the SOC list. At the end of the day, HO caseworker fully relies the confirmation as done by your employer, so you have some flexibility ;-)...

smaganti

Post by smaganti » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:54 am

dimsav wrote:I did include a reference to the relevant SOC code, fortunately, my job is in the list. It was mentioned in a letter from our Human Resources alongside with the confirmation of my salary being above the appropriate level. If it may help, here is the template of that letter addressed to UKBA:

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: <Applicant's name> DOB: <Applicant's date of birth>

I am writing to confirm that <Your Name> has been employed within the <company> as a <job title> since <date>. His employment at <company> is supported by a five year work permit issued on <date> (Ref: <work permit number>).

<Name>‘s current salary is £XX,XXX which exceeds the appropriate salary rate for the Skilled Occupation Code (Code ZZZ - <relevant title>) under Tier 2 of the Points Based System.

<Company> is committed to <Name>‘s continued employment beyond the expiry date of his leave to remain in the UK (subject to UKBA approval). He continues to enhance and develop the work of <...> and his ongoing service remains of great importance to the <company>.

I trust the above is clear, but if you have require any clarification on the contents of this letter please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely, HR representative

From experience posted here by others, it seems that HO takes very seriously salary / SOC requirements for old WP holders. So, my advice is to try your best again in finding an appropriate match in the SOC list. At the end of the day, HO caseworker fully relies the confirmation as done by your employer, so you have some flexibility ;-)...
Congratulations for your ILR. Could you please let us know the documents you've been asked for..?

dimsav

Post by dimsav » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:23 am

smaganti wrote:Congratulations for your ILR. Could you please let us know the documents you've been asked for..?
Thanks! Documents asked, in that order:
1. Application
2. A letter from employer
3. Police registration certificate for both me and my wife (we needed it due to our nationality)
4. Life in the UK for both of us
Then after a few minutes of some checks I was asked
5. Any sort of letters addressed jointly to our names (2 council tax bills provided)
6. P60s for 5 years, and 3 latest payslips.
That was all, it took about 20 min overall. I was not asked about my absences (187 days, all business or annual paid leave) at all. Then I was told that they were going to check our criminal records that may take about 2 hours, so I had to proceed with the payment and to return back in 2-3 hours to collect our passports with ILR endorsed there, provided our criminal checks were ok.

bazao
Newly Registered

Post by bazao » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:08 am

Thanks and congrats, dimsav!