ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Comprehensive sickness insurance for EEA2, info needed

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gabrio
Newly Registered

Comprehensive sickness insurance for EEA2, info needed

Post by gabrio » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:59 pm

hello guys, glad to have found this nice forum, here's my question:

my name is Gabrio, i am italian and my wife is Filipina, we recently got married in UK in may 2011 and i want to apply her for EEA2 under EU law.

we already live in the UK since 8 months and i am at the present looking for work. we filled her EEA2 application but just one question remains:

we will use the "self sufficient" option, my family provides us with all the finances for all our needs and i have prepared proof of that, which is done, but i just read this other thing: "comprehensive sickness insurance".

if somebody has good clear info about what to do, that would be awesome, i very much thank you all in advance.

gabrio

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:03 pm

Gabrio, what are you doing in the UK at present?

If you are a student, do you have a Eurpoean Medical Insurance Issued by the Italian authorities?

If you do, and depending on whether you are excersing your rights as a student, this may suffice for that purpose.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

gabrio
Newly Registered

Post by gabrio » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:15 pm

hello

speaking of studies, i was doing a culinary arts course from january to march 2011 but it was a professional course so not related with any italian university or anything like that.

so at present i am looking for work in Information Technology, actually the thing is, i got already several interviews but big companies are slow in deciding, and i want to carry on my wife's EEA2 now.

at this point i am thinking given this "complication" whether or not is worth to wait a few more weeks when i landed that job instead....

thanks for the speedy answer!
gabrio

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:22 pm

It is not a requirement, to have a medical insurance, if you are seeking work and could prove to the UKBA that you have a realistic chance of securing employment.

Proof of you Job applications, and interview invitation, may suffice for your wife's application.

You could show the funds from your parents, and could even import unemployment benefit from Italy, although you may not require this.

All of the above may not have an adverse effect on her application.

gabrio
Newly Registered

Post by gabrio » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:34 pm

that's great info and that is exactly my case, i can show proof of meetings and interviews in theory, but if i wanted to do everything by the book and give them this comprehensive insurance thing, which one should i get?

however...the bottom line is...if i have a good job 100% there's much less hassle and she will have it no problem, is that right?

thanks
gabrio

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:47 pm

By all means you can get the Comprehensive Sickness Insurance, although i don't think this concept even exist in UK, in light of the NHS. You can contact BUPA and other.

It goes without saying , that it is you money, and you are free to do whatever you choose to with it, but in my opinion, an EEA national is free come and live in the UK in search of Job, and they are supposed to be treated as worker, save for in few areas (as stipulated in ECJ judgement in Collins), to do with social advantage.

That right is protected by Article 45 of TFEU, and the ECJ ruling in Antionessen.

If you find a job, that is equally good, and you wife can live very happily after.