ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

staying in share a flat, will my wife get a visa ..

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rckybhardwaj

staying in share a flat, will my wife get a visa ..

Post by rckybhardwaj » Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:43 pm

Dear forum members,
I shal be getting married in end of sept in mumbai, india.
I am presently staying in share a flat accomodation.
Before my wife come here i shall get a one bed flat, but for filing her visa I shall be submitting my share a flat docs which I live in now.
Will that will be a hindrance to her visa application.

arm
Member of Standing

Post by arm » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:57 am

I think this will not affect to her visa application.
BTW is it important to to tell them what kind flat is it?

simar

Post by simar » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:44 am

before I apply form my wife & 3 year old son's hsmp dependent visa. I have to rent 2 bedroom furnished terrace house.
I guess one have to satisfy visa officer that one have sufficent accomodation/resources for dependent be with you in uk. In your case even studio flat is fine.

arm
Member of Standing

Post by arm » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:38 am

Hi simar,

Could you please tell me how I can rent appartment beeng outside UK?
As far as I know it is no so easy.

Thank you very much.

simar

Post by simar » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:59 am

I thought you are already here in UK and living in shared accommodation with some one.. Off course it is very difficult to rent accommodation with you being in India. I came alone first here in uk before applying for dependent's visa .
You can always book online hostel room in London for 10-15 days Or better get letter from your known person/relative that writes that he/she have sufficient accommodation for you & your spouse to live with them for couple of days.

arm
Member of Standing

Post by arm » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:44 am

Hi simar,

If I'm applying for EC I should show them that I have a place to stay.
Can I rent hostel for 10-15 days and ask them to write me a letter.
Is it ok for applying EC?

simar

Post by simar » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:44 pm

Arm,

Hostel people can always send you confirmation of booking either by fax or by e-mail. That confirmation ( two beds) should be sufficient to show your stay.You can always ask for booking hostel room that have only two beds in single room. In fact if doing online, the rates were cheap than phone and asking directly in London. The same hostel room/bed rates vary depend on from which site you book. While I pay 15 pounds per night. One chap from Spain booked for 8 pounds , same bed !!!

I do not have now the web site address, probably you can search in Google and find one

I did stay for two weeks in hostel alone while looking for jobs initially. Through I stay in room that can accommodate 9!!! People . Three beds with three vertical above.Luckily while I was staying only two other persons were with me. One from Hong cong( CA, finance chap) , other from Poland ( daily worker, ) and another join on my last days
. he came from Spain( Message spec list? That’s what he told me). It was nice London culture experience. Your messages remind of that time. Luckily it was last day when gang of 8-9 people come to stay together. All want in that room . Since I was leaving, other three two were told to move to new beds in new rooms. It remind me of how fast things move in London with diversity. Without job, each day is tough. You always wait for consultant’s phone call for interview etc. Now off course consultants wait for me to tell when I am ready for interview for new job-)
This really should not be big issue as you are already working in uk. Main point is that you can show that for the duration of your stay, you have sufficient funds or Job to support your dependent in UK.

arm
Member of Standing

Post by arm » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:38 pm

Tank you very much for good info.

As I see it is more cheap to take hostel for 8 pound then to rent apartment. :)

simar

Post by simar » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:57 pm

It is very expansive in London. The rate of 8 or rather 15 pounds per night was for the room , where 9 people could have slept together !!
For your case may be it will substantially expanse if try to find hostel having room containing only two beds.

I will suggest never take your dependent along when one have no job offer. Only once the things settle with job ,in couple
of months (1-2 months) ,then one should think of calling dependent in uk