ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What documents to submit with SET (M)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

angelloveguy

What documents to submit with SET (M)

Post by angelloveguy » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:14 pm

Hello

My friend is applying for his ILR on 10 years long residency. 6 years student + 2 PSW + 2 years Tier 1. his wife came into UK 2.5 years ago. so she will apply for ILR Set (M).

What documents both of them require for SET(O) and SET(M) ? all previous passports and current are available with all previous visa. no gaps.

adamboston

Re: What documents to submit with SET (M)

Post by adamboston » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:31 am

Hi

Are you sure you have the correct information?

My case is quite similar and my understanding is - dependants/spouse of 10 years long residency applicant can not apply for settlement unless they complete 10 years in their own capacity.

Your friend's wife would have to apply for 2-year further leave to remain using FLR(M) form.

For supporting documents see Section 11 DOCUMENTS (page 16-19) of FLR(M).

How to apply for settlement in the UK > See Completing SET(O) form
However, if you are applying on the basis of long residence, you may not include any dependants in your application. They may apply separately if they have completed the qualifying period of 10 or 14 years. If you have a partner who does not qualify, they may apply for temporary permission to stay in the UK using application form FLR(M) - if they do this, they can include any children under 18 as their dependants. For other options, see the detailed Guide SET(O).
Once 2 years on spouse visa are completed then your friend's wife can apply for settlement using SET(M).
Adam

'To me no human is alien - but to some no aliens are human'.

angelloveguy

Post by angelloveguy » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:53 pm

yes, she had completed 2 years 6 months ago and he is applying on Set(O) and as she is his dependent she is applying on SET(M) .

but they are confused about what documents they need to send for Set(O) and SET(M).

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:31 pm

SET(M) may be incorrect.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

adamboston

Post by adamboston » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:38 pm

angelloveguy wrote:yes, she had completed 2 years 6 months ago and he is applying on Set(O) and as she is his dependent she is applying on SET(M) .

but they are confused about what documents they need to send for Set(O) and SET(M).
Sorry angelloveguy, with all due respect I don't think you got my point.

You may also want to check this post.

The documents required for ILR are listed on page 31-38 of SET(O)

For FLR(M) see pages 16-19.
Adam

'To me no human is alien - but to some no aliens are human'.