ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant unable to travel!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

smoothturbo

Dependant unable to travel!

Post by smoothturbo » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:58 pm

Hi All, My wife is currently on a dependant visa(granted March 10), at the moment she is pregnant back in India and has been there for two months. Unfortunatley she was told to avoid travelling by her Doctor during pregnancy which obviously means she wont be able to get back to the UK anytime soon. Will this affect our application for ILR next year due to her being outside UK for a long time?

will really appreciate your input...

smoothturbo

Post by smoothturbo » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:53 am

surely someone or known of someone who have had a similar situation!?

smoothturbo

Post by smoothturbo » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:20 pm

50 views and no replies :(

alekos

Post by alekos » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:30 pm

smoothturbo wrote:50 views and no replies :(
Without knowing your personal circumstances (visa category, et al.), all I could find is this: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/partn ... etoremain/
Thank you everyone in this forum.

smoothturbo

Post by smoothturbo » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:30 pm

thanks for your input mate..

I am a British Citizen, My wife is Indian, she was granted spouse visa in March2010, she arrived in UK in May2010. We both went back to India on May2011 for a month's vacation then we found out she was pregnant and she was told not to travel. As far as I can understand a spouse visa holder can only be away from the UK for 90days maximum within the two year period before applying for ILR, but due to these unforseen circumstances she has no choice but to stay in India till she gives birth. She will be able to return atleast a month before her spouse visa expires(June2012). So will she be granted ILR?

alekos

Post by alekos » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:52 pm

smoothturbo wrote:thanks for your input mate..

I am a British Citizen, My wife is Indian, she was granted spouse visa in March2010, she arrived in UK in May2010. We both went back to India on May2011 for a month's vacation then we found out she was pregnant and she was told not to travel. As far as I can understand a spouse visa holder can only be away from the UK for 90days maximum within the two year period before applying for ILR, but due to these unforseen circumstances she has no choice but to stay in India till she gives birth. She will be able to return atleast a month before her spouse visa expires(June2012). So will she be granted ILR?
Look at section 4.6
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
Thank you everyone in this forum.

smoothturbo

Post by smoothturbo » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:06 pm

cheers dude..will have a read..