ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Multiple qualifications - are UKBA obliged to consider both?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vedant12
Newly Registered

Multiple qualifications - are UKBA obliged to consider both?

Post by vedant12 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:56 pm

For my Tier 1 switching application, I had submitted two qualifications - BCom and CA both of which gave 30 points as per PBS. Since the tool only allows you to select one, CA was selected.

The Tier 1 application was rejected on the grounds that CA Final examination certificate was provided and they deemed it to be lower than UK bachelors. I suspect they were looking for membership certificate. I have a right to appeal which I am in the process of doing.

Question is, in such cases, should UKBA consider the other qualification (BCom) which is equal to UK Bachelors (and the degree certificate was provided) or is it at their discretion since it isn't "selected" in the tool? Incidentally, they have given me points for English based on BCom.

Thanks for all the help.

tier1_applicant

Re: Multiple qualifications - are UKBA obliged to consider b

Post by tier1_applicant » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:35 am

vedant12 wrote:For my Tier 1 switching application, I had submitted two qualifications - BCom and CA both of which gave 30 points as per PBS. Since the tool only allows you to select one, CA was selected.

The Tier 1 application was rejected on the grounds that CA Final examination certificate was provided and they deemed it to be lower than UK bachelors. I suspect they were looking for membership certificate. I have a right to appeal which I am in the process of doing.

Question is, in such cases, should UKBA consider the other qualification (BCom) which is equal to UK Bachelors (and the degree certificate was provided) or is it at their discretion since it isn't "selected" in the tool? Incidentally, they have given me points for English based on BCom.

Thanks for all the help.
Your application is assessed based on the information you provided in application form:
e.g for qualification you mentioned CA which was not accepted hence zero points.
for english language you mentioned BCom which was accepted.
Home office will not automatically swap or change status of your form.
Only option you had was to reapply with correct information in form:
e.g mentioning BCom at both places which you can not do as tier 1 is closed now.

jami
Member of Standing

Post by jami » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:36 am

file appeal and you would be awarded points for B.Com