ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No new evidence at the time of appeal - unconstitutional?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vedant12
Newly Registered

No new evidence at the time of appeal - unconstitutional?

Post by vedant12 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:01 am

From 23 May 2011, Section 19 of the UK Borders Act 2007 will restrict the evidence that an applicant can rely on at an appeal hearing. Any evidence submitted must have been produced at the time when the application was made. This change is effective to applications made in the past but where first appeal is after 23rd May.

Can this be challenged on the grounds that this is unfair / unconstitutional for applications made before 23rd May but appeal may happen after that date and is it worth it? Any suggestions?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:03 am

‘Unnecessary’ appeals to end wrote:Note that the change will affect even ongoing current appeals that have been lodged already, which is quite a surprise and may be of questionable legality.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

IMMIGRATION LAWYER
United Kingdom

Post by IMMIGRATION LAWYER » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:55 pm

I was on a professional course, and I had a word with a barrister I ofteb meet in court. The opinion was similar: unless it is properly challenged, there is nothing you can do.