ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Success with ILR at Sheffield PEO!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gajenb7
Newly Registered

Success with ILR at Sheffield PEO!!

Post by gajenb7 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:44 pm

Hi there guys,

Just thought I'd share my experience in getting my ILR at the Sheffield PEO.

I went to the PEO one hour in advance, parking my car in the NCP car park just adjacent to the office. At the office, there was an airport security type clearance (going through metal detectors etc). Mobile phones are to be switched off.

After the security, I was told to sit at the waiting area for the reception counter to open. My advise is to sit as close as possible to the reception counter because as soon as it opens, everyone will rush to get served first. As I was the second in the queue, i was served quite quick...the receptionist asked for my appointment number upon which she gave me a ticket number. I went to sit back at the waiting area for a few mins and then my number was called to one of the counters where the lady asked for my application and supporting documents. She checked them all, ticked some boxes and them put all the documents in a plastic folder and gave it back to me. I was then told to go to the payment counter to make the payment for 1350 pounds.

Shortly after the payment, my number was called again by a counter. I was asked to hand in the plastic folder and sit back in the waiting area. This is where the nervousness begins, because I knew that someone was going through my docs! After about 20 mins, I was called back to the counter where I was told that my application was approved and I am being granted ILR. I was informed that my passport will be ready in about 10 mins. I checked that the details on the ILR was correct, thanked the lady who gave me the passport and happily left!

FYI, my application (SET O) was based on combination of WP + Tier 1General. The documents I handed to the UKBA were as follows"-

1. SET O application form
2. Life in the UK award certificate
3. 12 Bank Statements
4. 12 Payslips
5. MSc degree certificate
6. Letter from Employer confirming employment
7. Spreadsheet listing my absence out of the UK (with duration)
8. Letter from employer confirming business trips.
9. UKBA SAR report
10. Utility bills
11. Current and old passports
12. 2 x passport photos

I have to say that as nervous as I was, the staff at the Sheffield PEO were well mannered and efficient. I am not sure how the other PEOs are like but would certainly recommend the Sheffield one.

All the best to all of you applying! Just remember to take as many supporting documents you can and keep them all organised!

smaganti

Post by smaganti » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:48 pm

Congratulations...Enjoy..

gajenb7
Newly Registered

Post by gajenb7 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:55 pm

Thanks smaganti!

ash210

congrats

Post by ash210 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:08 pm

hi,
what time was ur appointment?
i am going to sheffield as well on 25th july

gajenb7
Newly Registered

Post by gajenb7 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:18 pm

My appointment was at 10.45 am. The reception counter opens at 10am so make sure you are in the waiting area by then.

ash210

thanks

Post by ash210 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:02 pm

thanks gajen,
my appointment is at 10:45 am as well and i am reaching sheffield at 9 am by coach so i think that will give me enough time to wait by the reception
what time did u come out , all done and dusted?
i have 3 dependents not sure if i should take them or not as the letter says i should but everyone one forum says no need

gajenb7
Newly Registered

Post by gajenb7 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:46 pm

I was done by 11.30... I was actually surprised how fast mine went. I suppose because mine was their first case, it went faster than usual.

I am not sure about dependants, but if I was you I'll bring them along just to be safe. I saw some families bring their kids in when I went.

Good luck on your application!!

ash210

Hi

Post by ash210 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:13 pm

Thanks Gajen,
Yes i too am planning to take them along, but my little one is only 8 months old so will be a pain if i had to be there all day.
I am being told that sheffield peo are grilling people for hours and asking every possible question they can so kinda scared to be honest
i am on tier-1 (wp+tier 1 ) 4+1 years and since last year i am self employed as IT consultant and my previous wp was for construction
i do have all the required documents but i am sure u can understand whats going through my mind
thanks mate for ur replies

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:20 pm

Thanks Gajen,
Yes i too am planning to take them along, but my little one is only 8 months old so will be a pain if i had to be there all day.
I am being told that sheffield peo are grilling people for hours and asking every possible question they can so kinda scared to be honest
i am on tier-1 (wp+tier 1 ) 4+1 years and since last year i am self employed as IT consultant and my previous wp was for construction
i do have all the required documents but i am sure u can understand whats going through my mind
thanks mate for ur replies
You do not need dependants to attend, and youre taking a 8 month baby along!!
Who has told you that PEO is ' grilling' people for hours??

If you have all your papers, it doesnt take long at all. In fact Sheffield has a an efficient service overall.

gajenb7
Newly Registered

Post by gajenb7 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:25 pm

Yes, I went to the Sheffield one because it is actually known as the best one. In fact I met a guy who came all the way from London and stated over in Sheffield to go to the Sheffield PEO when he could have more conveniently gone to the Croydon office!

Don't worry mate, if you got all ur docs in order you will be out in no time!

ash210

cheers again

Post by ash210 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:26 pm

another two weeks, and hopefully everything will be ok, thanks for ur support
kind regards

ash210

one more thing

Post by ash210 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:29 pm

sorry mate, one more thing
i did not receive any text alert confirmation about my appointment even though the booking is complete, as when i try to log in with the same reference numbers i get a message saying your appointment is complete and gives me date and time of sheffield peo
is that text important? or just the printout of booking confirmation is enough

gajenb7
Newly Registered

Post by gajenb7 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:47 pm

One point to note is to ensure you call your bank / credit card company to notify them in advance that you will be making a big transaction. As you are not allowed to use ur mobile phone inside the office, you wouldn't want the hassle of going out to contact them if ur card gets declined.

ash210

sure

Post by ash210 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:13 pm

i have already informed my bank and they have put a pre auth message on my card that i will be putting through a big transaction on 25th so that should be fine

prince05
Newly Registered

Appointment Time

Post by prince05 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:22 pm

Firstly, congratulations on securing ILR.

I do have a query, actually I over-looked this at the time of booking my appointment. It is at Sheffield and I booked a 2PM appointment. The office closes at 4PM. Do you guys know if the time will be sufficient OR shall I re-scheulde to an earlier time?

Thanks in advance,

Ravs.