ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR with traffic offence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

minicooper
Newly Registered

ILR with traffic offence

Post by minicooper » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:14 pm

Hi I was convicted for IN10 in 2008 driving without insurance which i didnt know it wasnt legal as i had L plates and a qualified driver next to me.but then i was sent to courrt and was fined £200 and 6 points.I have to apply for ILR application this august .Is it neseccary that i have to mention this or will it count as spent conviction as it was 3 years ago.can someone please reply Im pregnant and due in 12 days and also very worried about this.
thanks

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:07 pm

New rules say you cannot apply for ILR until conviction is spent.
Rules for your offence are:
Insurance offences
Offence code IN10 must stay on a driving licence for four years from date of offence.

rajesh_kumar01

Post by rajesh_kumar01 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:30 am

gidoc wrote:New rules say you cannot apply for ILR until conviction is spent.
Rules for your offence are:
Insurance offences
Offence code IN10 must stay on a driving licence for four years from date of offence.
just to add : Spent period start from date of conviction and last minimum 5 years.(though points on DL will go in 4 years from date of offence)

minicooper
Newly Registered

Post by minicooper » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:46 am

Has anyone applied with IN10 and got accepted before.The only thing is i can't wait till my convitction is spent my visa is expering in sep this year.

ilrdec11

Post by ilrdec11 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:55 am

I got a different kind of traffic offence i.e CD10 code with 5 points and Fine, I have applied CRB check through disclosure Scotland and got report as clear (means without any unspent convictions). it is better to apply CRB and check if your conviction is showing or not.

Venk_it

Post by Venk_it » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:25 am

I dont think this will block your ILR. Please follow the previous suggestion of getting your CRB check done and mention about this fine on your application.

minicooper
Newly Registered

Post by minicooper » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:46 am

Hi ilrdec11

did u apply for ILR once you got clear from this crb check and did you mention it on your application.

thank u so much for all your replies you don't know how much relief i got after reading this.bless you all.

ilrdec11

Post by ilrdec11 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:53 pm

I am planning to declare the offence on the application and will take a proof of CRB as it has no unspent convictions.

I think If we don't declare in the application and if Home office finds from any other source that we have a traffice offence then might reject outrightly with a reason of "not disclosing the facts", its just my assumption

minicooper
Newly Registered

Post by minicooper » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:52 pm

WHEN ARE U APPLYING URS.AND UR LUCKY TO TAKE UR CRB BUT I CANT REQUEST A CRB ON MY OWN THEREFORE I CAN ONLY CHECK THROUGH disclosure Scotland.

minicooper
Newly Registered

Post by minicooper » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:59 pm

hi ilrdec11

when were you convicted on urs. how long it has been now?

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:32 pm

Dont worry CRB only shows if arrest involved,No arrest no on CRB,any traffic offence even dealt by court with 11 points doest appear on CRB if no arrest involved.

ilrdec11

Post by ilrdec11 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:38 am

I am 100% sure that you will have clear CRB, but dont know how the caseworker will deal your case, if you look into the following document

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ide_an.pdf

in page 15 it says "
We will normally disregard a single conviction for a minor offence resulting in a bind over,
conditional discharge or relatively small fine or compensation order, if a person is suitable
for citizenship in all other respects. By “minor offenceâ€

minicooper
Newly Registered

Post by minicooper » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:16 am

the document you looked at is naturalisation not ILR.of course i think if your to become a british citizen you have to be clear of all this.but once you get the ILR you can stay until you clear all this and then apply for citizenship.This is what I think.

ilrdec11

Post by ilrdec11 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:27 am

ok anyway , if I were you
1) I will declare the conviction in the application.
2) I will take a proof of CRB so that I dont have any unspent convictions and mention in the application form.

jasb1327
BANNED

Post by jasb1327 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:13 pm

minicooper wrote:YES DEFENTLY THATS WHAT I WILL DO..THANK U SO MUCH.

Hey mini !!
I read ur posts regarding Traffic offence for not having insurance..I am in a similar situation as u...was looking for applying for ILR ( I am on tier-1 general ryt now)..but guess thing seems trickier with this traffic offence and unspent convictions story...have u checked anywhere (Scotland disclosure/ CRB) about ur case? are u going for ur ILR then?

dsoso

Re: ILR with traffic offence

Post by dsoso » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:42 pm

hi minicooper, iam in a similar situation as you were kast year and would like to know how your application went please,where you given the ilr?
Thanks
minicooper wrote:Hi I was convicted for IN10 in 2008 driving without insurance which i didnt know it wasnt legal as i had L plates and a qualified driver next to me.but then i was sent to courrt and was fined £200 and 6 points.I have to apply for ILR application this august .Is it neseccary that i have to mention this or will it count as spent conviction as it was 3 years ago.can someone please reply Im pregnant and due in 12 days and also very worried about this.
thanks

rajasekhar_you

Post by rajasekhar_you » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:35 am

hi guys,
i think this video from Damian green will answer your queries.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MRn8SsOfuI

see the question at 3.58 about points on the license or traffic offence
which answers your query. she be straightforwards with out any more doubts rite?

cheers
raja