ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the UK test validity

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kmittal82
Newly Registered

Life in the UK test validity

Post by kmittal82 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:22 pm

Hi,

Can someone please tell me if there is a time limit on the validity results for the life in the UK tests before applying for ILR?

My ILR is due for renewal in November, and was just wondering if I can apply for the test now, and also if I need to a letter from the immigration office before I apply for it?

Thanks
Kunal

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:25 pm

There is no "Valid to date" of this certificate of Life in the uk test (just like Marriage certificate :lol: )

The only thing to keep in mind is you must not lose this. Because there is no duplicate certificate, that can be issued.

My ILR is in September next year. I have already passed the test....

So I don't think there is any problem in that...

Thanks,
The question is... to be or not to be....

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:11 pm

My ILR is due for renewal in November, and was just wondering if I can apply for the test now, and also if I need to a letter from the immigration office before I apply for it?
Perhaps you meant ' applying for ILR'.
LIUK can be given by contacting the centre where you can give the test, thats all, you do not need permission from anyone.

kmittal82
Newly Registered

Post by kmittal82 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:58 am

thanks for the help guys.

Yes, I meant "apply for ILR", not "ILR due for renewal" :oops: