ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Same Day not available online? How do I get one?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mustang
Newly Registered

Same Day not available online? How do I get one?

Post by mustang » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:52 pm

In need of desperate help. How do I get a Same Day for Tier-1 (gen) extension?

- Are some agents/lawyers are better connected / reputed in getting one than others?
- Can I speak to someone in UKBA explain situation and ask them to be kind?
- Any other ideas?

Not getting anything on online booking for last 1 month. Lawyers / agents were told they are full. Some say they don’t want to give self-employed Same Day hence this excuse. etc. On phone they don’t give Tier-1 appointment anymore … How do I get Same Day processing? Who can I approach? What are valid reasons for such a request?

In the worst case, if I don’t get Same Day, how do I expedite postal?

I am due for a tier-1 (gen) extension soon. Have been self-employed (ltd. Company + sole trader). Recently got a new contract overseas – good work, good everything! Before taking that assignment, I confirmed with immigration agents / UK BA call centre and they said there is no issue in a short-term contract outside UK. Now agents finding excuses – oh they don’t want self-employed on Same Day, oh they are full, oh we can’t use contract overseas as a reason for same day.

If I don’t get the Same Day, I might lose this contract … Pls. help.

cgohil

Re: Same Day not available online? How do I get one?

Post by cgohil » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:57 pm

mustang wrote:In need of desperate help. How do I get a Same Day for Tier-1 (gen) extension?

- Are some agents/lawyers are better connected / reputed in getting one than others?
- Any other ideas?

Not getting anything on online booking for last 1 month. Lawyers / agents were told they are full. Some say they don’t want to give self-employed Same Day hence this excuse. etc. On phone they don’t give Tier-1 appointment anymore … How do I get Same Day processing? Who can I approach? What are valid reasons for such a request?

I am due for a tier-1 (gen) extension soon. Have been self-employed (ltd. Company + sole trader). Recently got a new contract overseas – good work, good everything! Before taking that assignment, I confirmed with immigration agents / UK BA call centre and they said there is no issue in a short-term contract outside UK. Now agents finding excuses – oh they don’t want self-employed on Same Day, oh they are full, oh we can’t use contract overseas as a reason for same day.

If I don’t get the Same Day, I might lose this contract … Pls. help.
When u wanted to apply for ur extension -

My experience about booking appointment.
1. Try 4-5 times a day mainly in the morning and from 4 p.m onwards.
2. Try to find out day wise with appointment time as both.
3. Date always increment by one every day so u have to keep an eye on that.

Mostly i have observed that new date window will open after 4 p.m and which will remain open until night unless all the appointments are not booked.

thanks

mustang
Newly Registered

Re: Same Day not available online? How do I get one?

Post by mustang » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:17 pm

[quote="cgohil"][quote="mustang"]In need of desperate help. How do I get a Same Day for Tier-1 (gen) extension?

- Any other ideas?

If I don’t get the Same Day, I might lose this contract … Pls. help.[/quote]

When u wanted to apply for ur extension -

My experience about booking appointment.
1. Try 4-5 times a day mainly in the morning and from 4 p.m onwards.
2. Try to find out day wise with appointment time as both.
3. Date always increment by one every day so u have to keep an eye on that.

Mostly i have observed that new date window will open after 4 p.m and which will remain open until night unless all the appointments are not booked.

thanks[/quote]

Many Thanks!
Need some slot in July. Any chance some agents keep these pre-booked or are these for a specific person?

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

Post by mtuckersa » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:36 pm

you need to phone around, there are immigration solicitors who can get you appointments a week or two before your expiry date
Keep it simple!

IMMIGRATION LAWYER
United Kingdom

Post by IMMIGRATION LAWYER » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:58 pm

We have set slots as well as are normally able to get further slots 5 days a week, but we are in Birmingham, therefore we are accredited with PEO Birmingham.

Mind, though, that we are a private legal firm and that we do not sell slots.

mustang
Newly Registered

Post by mustang » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:56 am

[quote="IMMIGRATION LAWYER"]We have set slots as well as are normally able to get further slots 5 days a week, but we are in Birmingham, therefore we are accredited with PEO Birmingham.

Mind, though, that we are a private legal firm and that we do not sell slots.[/quote]

Can you give me your phone number and address and I 'll get in touch?

mustang
Newly Registered

Post by mustang » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:10 am

[quote="mtuckersa"]you need to phone around, there are immigration solicitors who can get you appointments a week or two before your expiry date[/quote]

Do immigration lawyer / agents need to request slots for specific clients (and then Home Office decides) or do the firms already have slots that they can use for anyone?

I am told in London Croydon PEO they sent request for specific client. Is this any different for other PEOs?

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

Post by mtuckersa » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:56 am

mustang wrote:
mtuckersa wrote:you need to phone around, there are immigration solicitors who can get you appointments a week or two before your expiry date

Do immigration lawyer / agents need to request slots for specific clients (and then Home Office decides) or do the firms already have slots that they can use for anyone?

I am told in London Croydon PEO they sent request for specific client. Is this any different for other PEOs?
Both, some solicitors have pre-arranged slots for certain day of the week and others can make request for appointment
Keep it simple!

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

Post by mtuckersa » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:59 am

IMMIGRATION LAWYER wrote:We have set slots as well as are normally able to get further slots 5 days a week, but we are in Birmingham, therefore we are accredited with PEO Birmingham.

Mind, though, that we are a private legal firm and that we do not sell slots.
IMMIGRATION LAWYER, Perhaps you can answer this question.

How come immigration solicitors can get appointments but private individuals CAN'T? Can you enlighten us? It seems we are forced to use immigration solicitors to get an appointment. Do you think this is fair?
Keep it simple!