ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any benefit from Zambrano stampt 4 to Spouse stamp 4?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

justcurious
Newly Registered

Any benefit from Zambrano stampt 4 to Spouse stamp 4?

Post by justcurious » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:00 pm

Hi all,
My wife Stamp 3 (since 2007) was changed to Stamp 4 based on Zambrano case 2 months ago.
In the mean time i have got my Naturalisation, Now should i get her stamp change again on basis of my Naturalisation?

Is there any benefit for doing this? And will she require Visa for Eu countries (travelling with me) as she doesn't hold Eu fam card?

Any help appreciated!

9jeirean

Re: Any benefit from Zambrano stampt 4 to Spouse stamp 4?

Post by 9jeirean » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:04 pm

justcurious wrote:Hi all,
My wife Stamp 3 (since 2007) was changed to Stamp 4 based on Zambrano case 2 months ago.
In the mean time i have got my Naturalisation, Now should i get her stamp change again on basis of my Naturalisation?

Is there any benefit for doing this? And will she require Visa for Eu countries (travelling with me) as she doesn't hold Eu fam card?

Any help appreciated!
The only benefit as far as I can see is that she will save E150 on GNIB stamp if she switch over to stamp-4 "Souse of Irish citizen" and another E150 if she requires re-entry visa. Other than that, no major difference in term of he rights and privileges of holders of both stamps.
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

justcurious
Newly Registered

Post by justcurious » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:29 pm

9jeirean wrote:
justcurious wrote:Hi all,

Any help appreciated!
The only benefit as far as I can see is that she will save E150 on GNIB stamp if she switch over to stamp-4 "Souse of Irish citizen" and another E150 if she requires re-entry visa. Other than that, no major difference in term of he rights and privileges of holders of both stamps.

Thanks very Much, Do you think GNIB will change the stamp if we go for change as she still has nearly 3 years left?

Second when she can apply for Nationalisation?

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:50 pm

justcurious wrote: Thanks very Much, Do you think GNIB will change the stamp if we go for change as she still has nearly 3 years left?

I don't see why not. The point really is, is that necessary for now? She can always change her status to "spouse of Irish citizen" at any time, as long as she remained married to you. Plus if she changed to spouse of Irish citizen now, she gets a 1 year stamp 4, she has 3 years already.

She can apply for naturalization once she has 5 years recokanable residence. This include combination of periods when she was on either of stamp 3, stamp 1 or stamp 4.

justcurious
Newly Registered

Post by justcurious » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:49 pm

9jeirean wrote:
justcurious wrote: Thanks very Much, Do you think GNIB will change the stamp if we go for change as she still has nearly 3 years left?

I don't see why not. The point really is, is that necessary for now? She can always change her status to "spouse of Irish citizen" at any time, as long as she remained married to you. Plus if she changed to spouse of Irish citizen now, she gets a 1 year stamp 4, she has 3 years already.

She can apply for naturalization once she has 5 years recokanable residence. This include combination of periods when she was on either of stamp 3, stamp 1 or stamp 4.
Thanks again for your help.

So it's better to stay on current stamp and pay for Re-entry visa and be done with it, she will be eligible for Naturalisation next year and speed Alan shatter is moving the train, she might get her passport before renewal :D

realhope

Post by realhope » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:50 pm

9jeirean wrote:

hi 9jeirean
does she need 5 year reckonable residence or 3 years.
as she is the spouse of Irish citizen. some one told me that she can apply once she has 3 years reckonable residence and married to irish citizen who was recently naturalized
many thanks
WITH MY BEST WISHES FOR ALL WAITING FOR THE POSTMAN

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:08 pm

justcurious wrote:
9jeirean wrote:

Thanks again for your help.

So it's better to stay on current stamp and pay for Re-entry visa and be done with it, she will be eligible for Naturalisation next year and speed Alan shatter is moving the train, she might get her passport before renewal :D
Yeah, I just don't think there's any benefit to outweigh the hazels. You are right. There's a high chance of her getting naturalized before her current stamp runs out.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:15 pm

realhope wrote:
9jeirean wrote:

hi 9jeirean
does she need 5 year reckonable residence or 3 years.
as she is the spouse of Irish citizen. some one told me that she can apply once she has 3 years reckonable residence and married to irish citizen who was recently naturalized
many thanks
There are varying interpretation of the rule as it applies to spouses of naturalized Irish citizens in relation to when the 3 year rule should kick in for them. To be honest, I can't give you a definitive/official answer but by common logic one would imagine that they can only apply 3 years after the spouse had naturalized; but as I said, this is by no means a definitive official position.