ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NEED HELP with ILR 1st Entry

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

minaminou

Post by minaminou » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:28 pm

Hello guys,

I was granted my 1st Tier1 visa on 1 Nov 2008.
My first entry to UK was on the 5 Nov 2008 and I had my entry stamp on the visa for this date.
However, if you do remember, this was as the start of the recession, so I wasn't able to find a job and I had to go back.

I kept coming to UK and back to my home country till I secured a job and came to stay from 10 Jan 2010.

I have few questions:
1- In the ILR application, the question asking my 1st entry to UK, shall I state 5 Nov 2008? or 10 Jan 2010?
I understand that it should be the date calculated based on the 5 year period. Please confirm.

2- Based on the new rule of absence of 180 days in 12 months time, can I calculate my 5 year period based on this fact and choose one of the entries (when I came looking for work) as the 1st entry ...as long as I don't supersede the 180 days in 12 months time?
This could allow me to apply few months earlier (I can choose one of my entries in Sep 2009 for example as my 1st entry and calculate the absences from the UK based on it).

3- What evidences should I provide if point 2 was valid? Is a personal letter enough explaining that I was still looking for work?

Thanks
Last edited by minaminou on Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:15 pm

yes
CDOKS

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:36 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

rajesh_kumar01

Post by rajesh_kumar01 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:13 pm

no .. you will have to start counting from 1 Jan 2010 as you were not here before that.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:15 am

minaminou wrote:Hello guys,

I am a very interesting situation.

I was granted my 1st Tier1 visa on 1 Nov 2008.
My first entry to UK was on the 5 Nov 2008 and I had my entry stamp on the visa for this date.
However, if you do remember, this was as the start of the recession, so I wasn't able to find a job and I had to go back.

I kept coming to UK and back to my home country till I secured a job and came to stay from 10 Jan 2010.

I have few questions:
1- In the ILR application, the question asking my 1st entry to UK, shall I state 5 Nov 2008? or 10 Jan 2010?
I understand that it should be the date calculated based on the 5 year period. Please confirm.

2- Based on the new rule of absence of 180 days in 12 months time, can I calculate my 5 year period based on this fact and choose one of the entries (when I came looking for work) as the 1st entry ...as long as I don't supersede the 180 days in 12 months time?
This could allow me to apply few months earlier (I can choose one of my entries in Sep 2009 for example as my 1st entry and calculate the absences from the UK based on it).

3- What evidences should I provide if point 2 was valid? Is a personal letter enough explaining that I was still looking for work?

Thanks
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.