ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

(2) Outstanding SCHEGNEN applications at (2) diff. Embassies

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Yasser::Norske

(2) Outstanding SCHEGNEN applications at (2) diff. Embassies

Post by Yasser::Norske » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:27 pm

Hi. I was in rush and I have applied for two Schengen applications. I applied at the first embassy and waited for 15 days and there were no reply, I thought that my application have been canceled automatically and I have the right to apply at a different embassy. After 18 days I submitted another Schegen application at a different embassy. After about 26 days the first embassy telephoned me informing me that my visa has arrived. When I went to get the visa stamped on my passport the consul was surprised from my second stamp of the other embassy as a result she have delayed the visa producer for me. My question: Would I be banned from entering the Schengen States? What sanctions I could have for having two active applications in the Schegen sytem?

Remarks: I didn't know that I can't apply for two schgen visas at the same time. I have applied for 'entry visa' as a family member of EU national.
I have applied at two different embassies because my wife is a job seeker, she will work where she find the jobs. (If i got the visa from the first embassy and my wife couldn't find a job in the first country we would move to second country).
What can I do now regarding this problem? Any advices would be very much appreciated.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:49 pm

Did they ask you about the two stamps?
What exactly did you tell them?

I can not see how you can be banned for this. It is not one of the three things that will get you banned!

Post by Yasser::Norske » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:08 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Did they ask you about the two stamps?
What exactly did you tell them?

I can not see how you can be banned for this. It is not one of the three things that will get you banned!

That makes me happy. Yes the consul of the first embassy (Finland) told me, if I will go to Belgium (Second country), Why I have applied at Finland Embassy? I explained to her that my wife is a job seeker and our main destination when we submitted the application to the embassy was Finland. I went to Belgian Embassy to cancel my application in order to get the visa from Finland Embassy and continue with them. But the Belgian consul was so angry of me because I was talking in every email with each European Embassy about 'Directive 2004/38/EC' I really printed a copy for me, it is very interesting to read it, but the European Countries seem that they don't implement it :/ The Belgian Consul told me that she will not cancel my application (Acting like she wants me to go in troubles - All because I was talking about the directive). and I went to Finnish embassy and told them that they refused to cancel my application at Belgium Embassy, What I have to do now. They replied 'nothing I can do..' Since a week ago and still no more news - What can I do now? Any advices? Are you sure that I can't be banned? The 3 main things doesn't comply with me. My and my wife are just immigrants

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:30 pm

Your descriptions of your previous interactions with the embassy staff mean that I am not surprised that they are not going out of their way to help you. If you are rude to people, they sometimes go out of their way to be rude back!

Which embassy wants to issue you the visa? Are you planning to move there?

Post by Yasser::Norske » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:34 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Your descriptions of your previous interactions with the embassy staff mean that I am not surprised that they are not going out of their way to help you. If you are rude to people, they sometimes go out of their way to be rude back!

Which embassy wants to issue you the visa? Are you planning to move there?
Believe me I wasn't rude to anybody at all. My problem that: I'm always in rush and asking too many questions.

The Embassy of Finland (Where I applied first time) Telephoned me notifying that my visa is ready to be stamped, but everything went upside down after the Finnish consul saw the Belgian stamp. I'm still not sure if they will issue me visa or not, but seem that Ministry of Interior gave them green light to print the visa for me. Belgian Embassy has no contact with me.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:11 pm

What exactly did the Finnish embassy say they were doing as a next step? How long did they say it would take?

Post by Yasser::Norske » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:32 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:What exactly did the Finnish embassy say they were doing as a next step? How long did they say it would take?
Same question I have asked to them and the answer 'We don't know' I want to know now, I'm still legally can immigrate with my EU national spouse to member states even after this conflict? The consul at the Finnish Embassy seem that she don't know a lot about my case, she have sent me this email one week before they call me and tell me that my visa is ready
Dear Mr Yasser,

thank you for your e-mail.

You have not provided us the legalized certification of the marriage registration in Poland. Until then, we cannot proceed with the visa application.

Should you wish to apply for a visa as an Egyptian citizen (not EU spouse), you must make a new application and pay the visa handling fee of 60 Eur before we can proceed.

Best Regards,

(---)
Embassy of Finland
As you see the consul was so clear when she told me that she will not process the visa for me unless I show legalization of marriage. But Ministry of interior agreed on my visa application.

Any ideas?
Last edited by Yasser::Norske on Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:53 pm

I'm always in rush and asking too many questions.
That may be why your posts to this board are sometimes very unclear.

When you quote an email, please say when it is from and why you think it is important.

Post by Yasser::Norske » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:14 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:
I'm always in rush and asking too many questions.
That may be why your posts to this board are sometimes very unclear.

When you quote an email, please say when it is from and why you think it is important.
I wish you can ask me the questions in which I will make my answer clear. I explained the importance of the email.. it was sent to me 28/06 I said the Consul at the Finnish embassy don't know a lot about my case. Because One week before the embassy telephone me saying that my visa is ready, the consul had sent me this email in which she stating that can't produce visa for me because I haven't legalized marriage in Poland (Although it is not needed to be legalized in Poland if we want to travel to another member state). Can they put my name in the Schegen information system because I have active applications for Schengen visa at the same time?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:18 pm

So you got this email on 28/06 from the Finish embassy. When did they tell you to come to them so they could issue the visa?
Dear Mr Yasser,

You have not provided us the legalized certification of the marriage registration in Poland. Until then, we cannot proceed with the visa application.

Should you wish to apply for a visa as an Egyptian citizen (not EU spouse), you must make a new application and pay the visa handling fee of 60 Eur before we can proceed.

Best Regards,

Tania Greco
Embassy of Finland
Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:I can not see how you can be banned for this. It is not one of the three things that will get you banned!

Post by Yasser::Norske » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:28 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:So you got this email on 28/06 from the Finish embassy. When did they tell you to come to them so they could issue the visa?
Dear Mr Yasser,

Best Regards,

(---)
Embassy of Finland
Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:I can not see how you can be banned for this. It is not one of the three things that will get you banned!
Thank you for being calm on me! I got the telephone call from embassy on 04/07 the operator at the call center requested that I come to embassy with passport and I have described the story happened between me and consul above ...

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:36 pm

On or after 04/07 you went to the embassy with your passport expecting to get a visa.

What consultations did the embassy person say she was going to be undertaking? How long did she say they would take?

Sorry to ask questions like this, but laying it out simply is the best hope for finding a solution.

Post by Yasser::Norske » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:50 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:On or after 04/07 you went to the embassy with your passport expecting to get a visa.

What consultations did the embassy person say she was going to be undertaking? How long did she say they would take?

Sorry to ask questions like this, but laying it out simply is the best hope for finding a solution.
I went on the same day, I was doing something in a street near to embassy and I went to them on the same day, I was very very very happy expecting that I will get the visa. She said that my application is going to be 'Monitored' I don't know what does she mean by this word. I asked, how many days it is going to take in order to finish the problem. They answered 'We don't know'

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:53 pm

Do you have any evidence that your wife is planning to move to Finland? For instance, has she registered on job search web sites there, or booked a ticket, or been in contact with people in Finland about particular jobs? Or have you found a place to stay there?

Post by Yasser::Norske » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:05 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Do you have any evidence that your wife is planning to move to Finland? For instance, has she registered on job search web sites there, or booked a ticket, or been in contact with people in Finland about particular jobs? Or have you found a place to stay there?
The consul requested flights bookings of me and my wife. I showed her second day. No, we plan to go and look for basic jobs. My wife has no contact with job agencies there. We have enough money to pay for the stay in Helsinki of course. The only proof that could count now is the flight bookings of me and my wife together.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:07 pm

Do you still have the booking? When is it for?

Post by Yasser::Norske » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:17 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Do you still have the booking? When is it for?
Yes, the booking is scheduled on 14/07 from Cairo Intl. Airport to Helsinki-Vantaa. I will send email to consul tomorrow asking whether I have to cancel the flight reservation or wait for answer.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:26 pm

You do not have time for that, assuming you want to make that fight.

Take the reservation details and your passport and go to the embassy. Explain that you are sorry for the earlier confusion, but your wife and you would like to make this flight and move on with your life.

If they still want to delay, ask them for more details of what is happening, and when it will be completed. Ask them what needs to be done to finalize the visa.

Be patient and friendly, and write down all the details that they provide you with.

Post by Yasser::Norske » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:35 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:You do not have time for that, assuming you want to make that fight.

Take the reservation details and your passport and go to the embassy. Explain that you are sorry for the earlier confusion, but your wife and you would like to make this flight and move on with your life.

If they still want to delay, ask them for more details of what is happening, and when it will be completed. Ask them what needs to be done to finalize the visa.

Be patient and friendly, and write down all the details that they provide you with.
Thank you very much for your helpful answers. This very detailed plan to follow. Thanks a million Mr. directive! Should I post here again after we go to embassy?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:38 pm

Best to take your wife with you to the embassy!

Post by Yasser::Norske » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:41 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Best to take your wife with you to the embassy!
of course! she is with me now and I told her about the plan. I told her I will not speak at all. She have to speak with those people, because they misunderstand me!

Post by Yasser::Norske » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:20 pm

Hello Mr. Directive! I would like to share with you what happened to us when we went to the Finnish Embassy.

As I said. I took my wife and I let her talk with officers at the embassy. The Egyptian officer told my wife that still no news about my application, we explained to her that our flight reservation is very soon, we need the visa in order to travel to Helsinki as planned. She called the consul who came and said 'I have nothing in my hand to do, the application still in Finland." I told her I want to know, what is going with my application, what is needed in order to speed up the visa producer but as her usual answer 'I don't know, application still in Finland'. I told her that we lose money and time her in Cairo, and my wife can't get a job here in Cairo (I directed the question at the same time to my wife, who answered: No, I can't..) Then the consul asked my wife why you want to go to Finland, she took her after to the interview room, I had to wait outside. She asked my wife (Why you don't want to work in Poland your country? My wife told her that situation is bad in Poland and it is hard to find a job and get a fair salary) (Why do you want to go to Finland? Because in Finland better salaries and better chances to find jobs)... (What are you going to work in Finland? I was working in helping elderly people and I had a farm so I can find a job at any field).. (How you will work in Finalnd if you don't speak the language? No problem, too many Polish people are working in Germany, Norway and Holland without speaking even English Language). I don't know who those people are thinking. They don't know that my presence in any other country other than the country of my wife is connected by her presence! Means if she lefted me, I wouldn't be have a right to stay in the country according to the directive. Pray for me!!

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:41 pm

So, what did the Finish embassy say the next steps were? And how long would it take?

Post by Yasser::Norske » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:22 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:So, what did the Finish embassy say the next steps were? And how long would it take?
This consul refused to answer any of our questions. Everybody says that we have to wait.. So they don't know for how long the application will be out standing at the embassy...