ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delivering time of documents after HO made decision

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Godott

Delivering time of documents after HO made decision

Post by Godott » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:09 pm

Does anyone know what is the average waiting time for Residence card to be delivered along with other documents, once you have been told by Home Office that your documents have been sent to appropriate department for dispatch as the decision has been made on your application?

They sent me an email on Mon, 4th July that desicion is made and documents sent for dispatch, and still i keep calling European enquiry centre, and they are telling me they cant see they dispatched it yet anything for me. Husband made a complaint , and I did write to Liverpool euro passport return, and still no answer. I mean, since i found out that decision is made , it has been now 4 days . Do they really need 4 days to make one Residence Card, especially to stick it to A4 as my passport is here with me at the moment, after I requested back?
... Theatre of Absurdity..

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:26 pm

I would say on average 10-14 days until the post arrives at your door step.
Contrary to what most people think, it is not the 2nd class post that delays things, just that it takes time for the HO from making the decision until it get dispatched in the mail (I guess just a matter of clearing the backlog, closing the case etc).

Godott

Post by Godott » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:17 pm

Jambo wrote:I would say on average 10-14 days until the post arrives at your door step.
Contrary to what most people think, it is not the 2nd class post that delays things, just that it takes time for the HO from making the decision until it get dispatched in the mail (I guess just a matter of clearing the backlog, closing the case etc).
Thank you, Jambo!

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:03 pm

For quality work, you must allow time for tea breaks!

Godott

Post by Godott » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:24 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:For quality work, you must allow time for tea breaks!
I am sure they got enough of it, otherwise they would have sent my RC to me 1 month after I applied for RC! :wink:

( ...and not after 3 months)

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:27 pm

Godott wrote:I am sure they got enough of it, otherwise they would have sent my RC to me 1 month after I applied for RC! :wink:
Germany does not drink so much tea. That must be why they are faster with the Residence Cards!

Godott

Post by Godott » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:30 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:
Godott wrote:I am sure they got enough of it, otherwise they would have sent my RC to me 1 month after I applied for RC! :wink:
Germany does not drink so much tea. That must be why they are faster with the Residence Cards!

Yes, Germans drink bear after the work.. I suppose! : )

Godott

Post by Godott » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:56 pm

For those who follow this post, I will update my situation.
After I have been writing to LIverpoolEuro.PassportReturns@ukba.gsi.gov.uk yesterday ( 7thJuly), I have received an email from the same , mentioned above.
They confirmed that my documents have been dispatched this morning ( 8th July), by recorded delivery.
So , I am expecting it by Wed ( 13thJuly), and hope I will get my RC.

dasjoker

Post by dasjoker » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:49 pm

Godott wrote:For those who follow this post, I will update my situation.
After I have been writing to LIverpoolEuro.PassportReturns@ukba.gsi.gov.uk yesterday ( 7thJuly), I have received an email from the same , mentioned above.
They confirmed that my documents have been dispatched this morning ( 8th July), by recorded delivery.
Can we contact with this email address for learning about our application situation as well?

Godott

Post by Godott » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:37 am

dasjoker wrote:
Can we contact with this email address for learning about our application situation as well?
How long have you been waiting RC?

You can try, but I am not sure.
MAybe, you have to find some strong reason why the time is of essence regarding your application. I meant you should give them a 'WHY' are you in a rush for the RC to get as soon as possible. The good reason could be a job offer for example or any strong reason of your travel abroad.
If you have a job offer you can scan it and send it to that email, or you can fax it to the specific number, also.

You can try in any case, doesnt cost anything , and it might turn out to be useful.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:02 am

LIverpoolEuro.PassportReturns@ukba.gsi.gov.uk
dasjoker wrote:Can we contact with this email address for learning about our application situation as well?
In the past, the UKBA website stated that this email address is strictly monitored for the return of passports only and all other requests will be ignored so I'm not sure they will reply.
Better to try the NW CSU here.

dasjoker

Post by dasjoker » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:06 pm

Godott wrote:
dasjoker wrote:

MAybe, you have to find some strong reason why the time is of essence regarding your application. I meant you should give them a 'WHY' are you in a rush for the RC to get as soon as possible. The good reason could be a job offer for example or any strong reason of your travel abroad.
If you have a job offer you can scan it and send it to that email, or you can fax it to the specific number, also.

You can try in any case, doesnt cost anything , and it might turn out to be useful.
I know it takes around 3-4 or even 6 months and it's been only 1 months but at least i need CoA because my employment is not allowing me work anymore because my old visa is expired and i don't know have any proof of my passport is at home office.
also in september i am going to start university and i don't know if they will accept CoA only but pretty sure student loan company is only accepting passport.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:36 pm

dasjoker,

If you require the Residence Card for a specific purpose, such as work travel or to take a job, you can request that your Residence Card be processed with Priority. See http://eumovement.wordpress.com/eu-coun ... d-kingdom/

Godott

Post by Godott » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:53 am

dasjoker wrote:
Godott wrote:
dasjoker wrote:

I know it takes around 3-4 or even 6 months and it's been only 1 months but at least i need CoA because my employment is not allowing me work anymore because my old visa is expired and i don't know have any proof of my passport is at home office.
also in september i am going to start university and i don't know if they will accept CoA only but pretty sure student loan company is only accepting passport.

JUst to clarify the situation..
I wrote to LiverpoolEuroPassportReturns as I was needing my partners ID, and in the end they told me my all documents been sent through to some appropriate department for the dispatch.
But, as we needed my partners id card urgently, I wrote to LiverpoolEuro again, explaining we have no time to wait for that id card, and if they could help us investigate whether we will have that id card with us shortly, and then they let us know all my documents have been finally dispatched that certain day ( 8thJuly).

If you are about to request any of the documents, they might see whether is something going on with you application or not. Guess, I was lucky that after I requested my passport back and finally my partners id card, Caseworker decided to make a decision on my app.

I suggest you ask for one of your passports back about 3 months after your application has been sent to H O.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:16 pm

I think they automatically give the case priority if it has not been processed for 3 months and you request your documents back.
1.1 When caseworkers decide whether to agree to a request for priority, they should consider whether:
• refusal of the priority request is likely to create more work (i.e. in justifying the refusal) than would make the refusal worthwhile; or
• there is evidence that the case has been mishandled or overlooked; or
• the application has been outstanding for more than three months.

1.3 Where an applicant has requested the return of documents and satisfies the criteria for priority, the application should be considered fully and a decision reached before returning the documents.