ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ruan
Newly Registered

Post by Ruan » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:01 pm

Tuner wrote:
Ruan wrote:It's here...it's here....I GOT IT IN MY GRUBBY LITTLE PAWS !! The brown envelope with the harp......i'm speechless- 24 months of waiting.....i'm speechless....i do not care about the passport....THE LETTER CONFIRMS EVERYTHING !! JUL 2009- JUL 2011. 2 years is over....more beer...more beer now !!
to Ruan:
Do you have LTR? Were u here on 5year work permits?
When did u send P21, payslips, bank statements last, did they ask for that?
I've send no documents since March 2009- i have long term residence rights since Oct. 2009.

I completed 5 years via the "work-permit system". Thank you.

myimmigrationboards

Post by myimmigrationboards » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:49 pm

biggerjosh wrote:hi there i did post the yellow form without the seal of the judge can u clarify whether any body had the seal on hid form is it just the signature. thanks

i think judge singatures should be sufficent,i remember friend of mine sent his form with judge singature couple of years ago and it was accepted.

myimmigrationboards

Re: Citizenship approval

Post by myimmigrationboards » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:57 pm

Eastend wrote:At last received approval letter today after 48 months of waiting.

thanks to everyone in this form for their valued input which was a great help for me and sure for lot of other too are getting help from this form.
congrarulations! Eatend and every1 else who got their approvals.

Eastend cuold to tell me if u were asked for further documents, and when u call them what do they use to say about your ur application status?
thanks a mil
me 2007 batch

PIKKA

Re: Approved

Post by PIKKA » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:17 pm

Eastend wrote:At last received approval letter today after 48 months of waiting.

thanks to everyone in this form for their valued input which was a great help for me and sure for lot of other too are getting help from this form.
Ruan wrote:It's here...it's here....I GOT IT IN MY GRUBBY LITTLE PAWS !! The brown envelope with the harp......i'm speechless- 24 months of waiting.....i'm speechless....i do not care about the passport....THE LETTER CONFIRMS EVERYTHING !! JUL 2009- JUL 2011. 2 years is over....more beer...more beer now !!
ks18217 wrote:FYI

Application for LTR: 07-2010 based on 5 years IT working visa
Approved: 02-2011
Applied: 09-2010
Ack: 10-2010
Sent LTR and other documents: 20-06-2011
Approval letter received: 07-07-2011
950 and GNIB card sent: 07-07-2011 :D
Congratulations to All Three of You. So They are granting citizenship from each year randomly................
PIKKA

Eastend

Post by Eastend » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:13 am

myimmigrationboards wrote:

Eastend cuold to tell me if u were asked for further documents, and when u call them what do they use to say about your ur application status?
thanks a mil
me 2007 batch
INIS asked for additional docs (p21, bank statement, payslips) in Apr 2011 and send the same in Apr. Called them end of May and they said file was send to Minister's office this week. Received approval on 07/07/2011.

I am sure they are clearing long waited 2007. Your approval is also on the way mate. This minister is a person who know the pain of waiting applicants are having and he is doing his best to sort that out.

Eastend

Re: Approved

Post by Eastend » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:15 am

PIKKA wrote:

ks18217 wrote:FYI

Application for LTR: 07-2010 based on 5 years IT working visa
Approved: 02-2011
Applied: 09-2010
Ack: 10-2010
Sent LTR and other documents: 20-06-2011
Approval letter received: 07-07-2011
950 and GNIB card sent: 07-07-2011 :D
Congratulations to All Three of You. So They are granting citizenship from each year randomly................
Thank you Pikka and agreed with your observation :P

still waiting

Post by still waiting » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:35 pm

Dear all experienced members,
I jst want to ask after getting cert. of Naturalisation, I will apply for Irish Passport so how much time will it normally take, i jst want to plan my holidays.
appreciate for ur help

Also my heartly congratulations to all guys getting approvals this month and good luck to all waiting

dodorima
Newly Registered

Post by dodorima » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:09 pm

a friend of mine applied for citizenship based on marriage to an Irish citizen but after he has submitted the application and all he was told his 3 years of marriage Is nt complete yet and that he needs to reapply but inis with held his documents but asked him to reapply.the question is when does inis start counting their 3 year? Is it from the date of marriage or from the date he got his first stay(stamp 4) cos from our calculate he is already due 3 years.reply will be greatly appreciated thanks I which every body waiting for their approval best of luck :)

Eastend

Post by Eastend » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:35 pm

still waiting wrote:Dear all experienced members,
I jst want to ask after getting cert. of Naturalisation, I will apply for Irish Passport so how much time will it normally take, i jst want to plan my holidays.
appreciate for ur help

Also my heartly congratulations to all guys getting approvals this month and good luck to all waiting
About one year before, normal passport applications were taking about 2 week to get the passport but now someone mentioned in this form now they are taking about 3 week if everything is in order.

you can also apply for a urgent passport and that takes 3-5 working days. you need to prove that you need passport urgently by presenting airline ticket and other travelling docs.

Eastend

Post by Eastend » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:36 pm

dodorima wrote:a friend of mine applied for citizenship based on marriage to an Irish citizen but after he has submitted the application and all he was told his 3 years of marriage Is nt complete yet and that he needs to reapply but inis with held his documents but asked him to reapply.the question is when does inis start counting their 3 year? Is it from the date of marriage or from the date he got his first stay(stamp 4) cos from our calculate he is already due 3 years.reply will be greatly appreciated thanks I which every body waiting for their approval best of luck :)
I guess they count from the date of stamp 4 or stay in ireland.

BANDAR

Post by BANDAR » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:34 pm

any new news from my freinds?

myimmigrationboards

Post by myimmigrationboards » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:06 pm

Eastend wrote:
myimmigrationboards wrote:

thanks a mil
me 2007 batch
INIS asked for additional docs (p21, bank statement, payslips) in Apr 2011 and send the same in Apr. Called them end of May and they said file was send to Minister's office this week. Received approval on 07/07/2011.

I am sure they are clearing long waited 2007. Your approval is also on the way mate. This minister is a person who know the pain of waiting applicants are having and he is doing his best to sort that out.
thanks Eastend :D

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:15 pm

still waiting wrote:Dear all experienced members,
appreciate for ur help

Passport applications made via the passport express (Highly recommended) are now taking up to 3 weeks 15 working days to process. Please note that there are additional requirements for first time applicants see here http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=84782 if any of the requirement is missing, it may delay your application by another week or 2.

Hope this helps.

9jeirean
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:22 pm

A lady I know, who applied in 2008 got a letter on Friday. She's happy.
She came through familly reunification and has been working.

Nanette - an bho dhearg

still waiting

Post by still waiting » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:00 pm

9j and Eastend
thanx a million for this helpful information.
regards

churchholigan

Additional document submitted

Post by churchholigan » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:05 pm

Hi.

I submitted the additional documents to INIS last Monday and An Post record shows that INIS recevied it on Wednesday. Does INIS send out acknowledgment for additional information request or they will just leave it?

Thank you.

still waiting

Re: Additional document submitted

Post by still waiting » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:23 pm

churchholigan wrote:Hi.

I submitted the additional documents to INIS last Monday and An Post record shows that INIS recevied it on Wednesday. Does INIS send out acknowledgment for additional information request or they will just leave it?

Thank you.

they will send u acknoledgment for sure

xyazx

Post by xyazx » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:38 am

hi
i applied my citizenship application on feb 2011 on base of spouse of irish citizen . now i change my adress can any one tell me please do i have to inform the citizenship office if do which way is the best to inform them
thanxx
Regards

Tuner

Post by Tuner » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:31 am

Thank you.
I sent those 3 weeks ago , and received acknowl 1-2 days after my registered letter was sent. U'd better ring them.

To xyazx:
Just a note (letter) saying "I..bla..bla.. would like to intorm you that I have moved to a new address..bla..bla". Send it to the same address where u sent yor citizenship application , mention yor Ref Number by all means.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:59 am

xyazx wrote:hi
i applied my citizenship application on feb 2011 on base of spouse of irish citizen . now i change my adress can any one tell me please do i have to inform the citizenship office if do which way is the best to inform them
thanxx
Regards
The best way is to put it writing. Write them a letter t this effect. Remember to quote your application ref number on the letter. They will update your information and send you acknowledgement within days.
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

xyazx

Post by xyazx » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:15 pm

9jeirean wrote:
xyazx wrote:hi
thanxx
Regards
The best way is to put it writing. Write them a letter t this effect. Remember to quote your application ref number on the letter. They will update your information and send you acknowledgement within days.

thanxx

xyazx

Post by xyazx » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:17 pm

Tuner wrote:

Thank you.
I sent those 3 weeks ago , and received acknowl 1-2 days after my registered letter was sent. U'd better ring them.

To xyazx:
Just a note (letter) saying "I..bla..bla.. would like to intorm you that I have moved to a new address..bla..bla". Send it to the same address where u sent yor citizenship application , mention yor Ref Number by all means.
do i need to send them any proof of adress or anything like that ?

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:48 pm

i suggest you please write them letter.attach photocopies of your acknowelment letter with ref number.if you want you send them proff of new address also.make sure do the register post.so you can track your post.good luck

flatpack

Post by flatpack » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:52 pm

i always send them by registered post and so far i send three time and each time got acknowledge within two days.

You can add letter with list of all contents and reference number on it.

ks18217
Newly Registered

Next ceremony on 28/07/2010

Post by ks18217 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:22 pm

FYI
Next ceremony on 28/07/2010