ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CONFUSION FOR DEPENDENT VISA

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hiramit
Newly Registered

CONFUSION FOR DEPENDENT VISA

Post by hiramit » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:32 pm

Hi All,

I thought this might interest you all.
I was on a student visa for 10 years I applied for ILR IN MAY 11 WHICH IS GRANTED LAST WEEK. gOOD NEWS.
Now I am trying to find out how i can apply for my dpendents which is my husaband INDIAN citizen liveing here on student dependent visa for the 10 th year running- will complete his 10 yrs in NOV 11.And 3 years old daughter whao is born here.Now in order to apply for their visa I enquired in the following places.
1. Liverpool UKBA- I asked whether i can apply for my husband on 10 yrs long residency they said No because he is currently on a stud dep visa which is now invalid as i have been granted ILR.He has to apply for depented visa using SET(M) form and after 2 years he can apply for ILR which means paying 2 times the fees.
With regards to my daughter they said I can apply using FLR(O).
I asked whether i can apply for her using MN1 form to register her as british since i am on ILR NOW they said "NO"

2. Cardiff UKBA- I asked the same question as above for my husband they said the same thing but for my daughter they said I can ask to the naturalization service and provided the contact NO for them as they dont deal with it in the UKBA even though its mentioned on their website.

3.Contacted work permit.com- They said I have to apply for my husabnd using FLR(m) fORM AND MY DAUGHTER CAN BE REG AS BRITISH USING MN1 form.
Guys Is there anyone in the same situation plzzz Advice as my head is spinning with confusion right now.Also its a big risk of loosing the fees if i ended up applying in the wrong catagory.

Thank you for reading.

mk357
Member of Standing

Post by mk357 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:14 pm

Hi,
IMHO you can apply for the Citizenship for your child using Form MN1, Section 1(3) of the nationality act, I don't see any problem. Regarding your husband if you could prove cohabitation, i.e. that you have lived together for the last 2 years (irrespective of his visa status) then he should get ILR as well. Cohabitation could be proved using official documents like Bank Statements, Council Tax, Utility bills etc. If you search this forum you would find success stories in similar cases as yours. Good luck.

mk357
Member of Standing

Post by mk357 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:31 pm

Just to correct myself. Under the 10 year long residence, your spouse has to be living with you for 2 years once you get your ILR. The earlier reply was for T1G.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:03 pm

Register daughter.

If husband has sufficient leave and is not travelling, then he may apply for ILR under Long residence when appropriate. Else, switch to FLR(M).
Last edited by vinny on Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

hiramit
Newly Registered

thanks for the reply

Post by hiramit » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:31 pm

When I rang HO I was determined that i can apply for my husband's ILR,
But they said becoz ur student visa is invalid now his visa is invalid too and thats why when he applies for ILR it might cause him trouble. So dont know whether its a good idea or not.He has no travel plans until next year its not a problem.
hIS stude Dep visa is valid till august 2012.

Thanks for your reply

vinny wrote:Register daughter.

If husband has sufficient leave and is not travelling, then he may apply for ILR under Long residence when appropriate. Else, switch to FLR(M).

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:37 am

hiramit wrote:HI ALL,

I went through all the immigration post realated to family members but cant find what i am looking for. Plz can anyone help.

I am on a settlement visa now and my husband's current visa status is student dep as i was a student before. I have been granted ILR before 2 weeks and I am wondering what is going to be my husban'd status.
I inquired with lawyers and they said I have to apply on FLR M form.
He has been in the country for 9 years and 8 months now on stud dep visa working F/T.
The question now is if i apply on FLR M FORM he will get 2 years visa than he will have to apply for settlement and than he will apply fot citizenship, which is obviously thre long and costly affair.

Now for FLR M he has to get English Lnaguage Cert compulsory and the next available date for that is 10th AUG 2011. Untill that point I cant apply .(his student dep is until aug 2012)

SO MY QUES IS CAN I APPLY FOR HIS ILR IN OCT WHEN HE FINISH HIS 10 YEARS OR DO I HAVE TO REALLY GO THRU ALL THIS?

I VERY MUCH APPRECIATE YOUR ANY HELP AND ADVICE IN THIS MATTER. THANKS A LOT IN ADVANCE.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

makepop1

Re: CONFUSION FOR DEPENDENT VISA

Post by makepop1 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:16 am

hiramit wrote:Hi All,

I thought this might interest you all.
I was on a student visa for 10 years I applied for ILR IN MAY 11 WHICH IS GRANTED LAST WEEK. gOOD NEWS.
Now I am trying to find out how i can apply for my dpendents which is my husaband INDIAN citizen liveing here on student dependent visa for the 10 th year running- will complete his 10 yrs in NOV 11.And 3 years old daughter whao is born here.Now in order to apply for their visa I enquired in the following places.
1. Liverpool UKBA- I asked whether i can apply for my husband on 10 yrs long residency they said No because he is currently on a stud dep visa which is now invalid as i have been granted ILR.He has to apply for depented visa using SET(M) form and after 2 years he can apply for ILR which means paying 2 times the fees.
With regards to my daughter they said I can apply using FLR(O).
I asked whether i can apply for her using MN1 form to register her as british since i am on ILR NOW they said "NO"

2. Cardiff UKBA- I asked the same question as above for my husband they said the same thing but for my daughter they said I can ask to the naturalization service and provided the contact NO for them as they dont deal with it in the UKBA even though its mentioned on their website.

3.Contacted work permit.com- They said I have to apply for my husabnd using FLR(m) fORM AND MY DAUGHTER CAN BE REG AS BRITISH USING MN1 form.
Guys Is there anyone in the same situation plzzz Advice as my head is spinning with confusion right now.Also its a big risk of loosing the fees if i ended up applying in the wrong catagory.

Thank you for reading.
any improvement in your case

shri997

Post by shri997 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:16 pm

Hi all,I have alerady applied for ILR on ten year basis.I have got two dependent(wife and son) and they have got visa for another six weeks.Its not very likely that i will get my ILR in six weeks.so,when should i apply for my dependent......and which form i should use

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:46 pm

FLR(M), before leave expires.

shri997

Post by shri997 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:31 pm

hi vinny, i fill in the FLR(m).but it says i need to submit my passport which is with HO with my ILR application.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:48 pm

vinny wrote:Enclose a covering letter, explaining that your long residence application had been made.