ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano Case

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

CP182
Newly Registered

Zambrano Case

Post by CP182 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:48 pm

Hi everyone. I am new to the board and am looking for assistance with the Zambrano case. I'm making a big leap for my family to be together and want to make sure I do everything correctly.

I am an American with a 4-month-old son. His father is Irish (is from and still lives in Ireland). Therefore, of course, my son is an Irish citizen (as soon as I get his passport) even though he was born in the US. I am so excited about the Zambrano case because we actually have a chance to be together as a family! It has been so difficult! I cannot begin to explain! We just want our family together!

I will be leaving my job and everything here in the US within the next month for the Zambrano case. My partner is working but things will be very tight financially as I won't be able to work without a work permit yet. I have a degree in Psychology and work in social work over here in the USA.

Under the Zambrano case, before I make the leap, does this sound like something that would apply for my son and I?

Thank you so much for your assistance! I really appreciate any help!

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:00 pm

once your child have irish passport.your entitiled to live with your child in ireland .good luck.fine gael

CP182
Newly Registered

Post by CP182 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:55 pm

IQU wrote:once your child have irish passport.your entitiled to live with your child in ireland .good luck.fine gael
Thank you, IQU! Do you foresee any problems with my son and I just beginning to reside there? I know they are pretty strict on the matter of us residing there, which is why we're picking up and moving! Do you have any advice?

Tandor

Post by Tandor » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:26 am

Be careful, based on updated info on the INIS site, you may not qualify under Zambrano...

FAQ from INIS

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:13 pm

You want to leave the US and move to Ireland?

You're mad.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

Single_mum
Ireland

Post by Single_mum » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:20 pm

[quote="Ben"]You want to leave the US and move to Ireland?

You're mad.[/quote]

Those where my sentiments exactly. However we do so much for love. Im in the same situation but i'm nigerian NOT American

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:03 pm

Be very careful to do things one step at a time. Do not quit your job too quickly or you may regret it! Applications take a long time! And DOJ can have a mind of its own as to whether you qualify!

immigrantone
Newly Registered

From Stamp 4 to Stamp 5

Post by immigrantone » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:41 pm

My husband has a stamp 4 IBC since today for 3 years. But he has an intention to apply for stamp 5 later this year. Can he apply for stamp 5 on October 2011 while having a stamp 4 IBC until July 2014?

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:23 pm

CP182 wrote:
IQU wrote:once your child have irish passport.your entitiled to live with your child in ireland .good luck.fine gael
Thank you, IQU! Do you foresee any problems with my son and I just beginning to reside there? I know they are pretty strict on the matter of us residing there, which is why we're picking up and moving! Do you have any advice?
Calling a spade a spade, in reality, because you are an American, who will unlikely have problems. That is the reality of the situation with the Irish Government irrespective of who they are. You would need to apply from Ireland as word is that the department won't consider cases involving those who live outside the State or "voluntarily" left the state (ie parents ,many of whom did not have legal status left before being deported during 2003-2005)

What is the story with the father, are you and him in a de facto relationship? Are ye together? You might succeed on that basis too.

walrusgumble
BANNED

Re: From Stamp 4 to Stamp 5

Post by walrusgumble » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:26 pm

immigrantone wrote:My husband has a stamp 4 IBC since today for 3 years. But he has an intention to apply for stamp 5 later this year. Can he apply for stamp 5 on October 2011 while having a stamp 4 IBC until July 2014?
until he meets the residence criteria for Stamp 5 there is no point in applying for it.

Isn't stamp 5 long term residency? If so, because he already has stamp 4 i don't think he will get it. I think its only for people who have stamp 1. There is the long term residence without condition to time, but that is another while away.

CP182
Newly Registered

Post by CP182 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:58 pm

Calling a spade a spade, in reality, because you are an American, who will unlikely have problems. That is the reality of the situation with the Irish Government irrespective of who they are. You would need to apply from Ireland as word is that the department won't consider cases involving those who live outside the State or "voluntarily" left the state (ie parents ,many of whom did not have legal status left before being deported during 2003-2005)

What is the story with the father, are you and him in a de facto relationship? Are ye together? You might succeed on that basis too.[/quote]

We are together. We have actually just recently decided to marry but now this brings up a whole new set of questions!!!! We have never lived in the same country! I got pregnant when visiting him. We have been together since Jan 2010 and have our child. He is working full-time and has an apartment for us. I'm very worried I will be denied a spouse visa due to us never having lived in the same country. Please help?

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:40 am

CP182 wrote:Calling a spade a spade, in reality, because you are an American, who will unlikely have problems. That is the reality of the situation with the Irish Government irrespective of who they are. You would need to apply from Ireland as word is that the department won't consider cases involving those who live outside the State or "voluntarily" left the state (ie parents ,many of whom did not have legal status left before being deported during 2003-2005)

What is the story with the father, are you and him in a de facto relationship? Are ye together? You might succeed on that basis too.
We are together. We have actually just recently decided to marry but now this brings up a whole new set of questions!!!! We have never lived in the same country! I got pregnant when visiting him. We have been together since Jan 2010 and have our child. He is working full-time and has an apartment for us. I'm very worried I will be denied a spouse visa due to us never having lived in the same country. Please help?[/quote]

just make sure that you have all the proofs of his financial assistance with you and the child ie receipts. family photos. you regularly visited him and he visited you, the passport shall show this and will plane tickets. both of ye got all traditional and met the families? photos? ye have a kid together sure