ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel Document and Visas

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Wiki
Newly Registered

Travel Document and Visas

Post by Wiki » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:51 pm

I have soft cover travel document with Irish re-entry visa and stamp 4

Do I need any additional visa go to UK or other EU country for a few days?

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:41 am

yes you need uk visa www.britishembassy.com

Irisheddy

Good Luck

Post by Irisheddy » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:52 pm

Good Luck trying to get your visa. It will be very hard

wizardland

Re: Good Luck

Post by wizardland » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:18 pm

Irisheddy wrote:Good Luck trying to get your visa. It will be very hard
why would it be hard may i ask? is it ur personal experience? cuz i thought re-entry visa + stamp 4 will support the application a lot, considering that the applicant is a legal Irish resident and will hv no problem going back into Ireland, all things considered? would u elaborate ur comment pls as i might hv to get a UK visa someday. thx

Irisheddy

resident

Post by Irisheddy » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:30 pm

Hi, YOu must know more about the applicant than me.
I did not know the applicant was a legal irish resident. if that is the case, why do they only have a soft cover travel document?

Well if they are fully legal with permanent status in Ireland they won't have any problems.

Malika

Re: Travel Document and Visas

Post by Malika » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:53 pm

Wiki wrote:I have soft cover travel document with Irish re-entry visa and stamp 4

Do I need any additional visa go to UK or other EU country for a few days?
the basis is your Nationality.........holding a Travel document and a re-entry visa does not help much. Whether you have residency or permanent residency (those with hard cover travel docs), you still have to go through the Visa process.
hope this explains a little!
'If you compare yourself to others,you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself'............DESIDERATA

wizardland

Re: resident

Post by wizardland » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:33 am

Irisheddy wrote:Hi, YOu must know more about the applicant than me.
I did not know the applicant was a legal irish resident. if that is the case, why do they only have a soft cover travel document?

Well if they are fully legal with permanent status in Ireland they won't have any problems.
hi,

actually i was refering to myself when I asked the question. I am too a Stamp 4 holder with re-entry visa who might need to apply for UK Visa in the future, that is why I was so interested and genuinely asking if it was a personal experience, just so I could be aware of the situation.

thx for the confirmation tho