ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension Approval - Can we post here please!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ansaggart
Newly Registered

Post by ansaggart » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:46 am

Application sent 19/7
Exempt
LT No given over the phone 26/7
Urgent treatment form sent 26/7
Visa issue 27/7 and papers received 29/7

angel1241

Post by angel1241 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:38 pm

Hi Everyone,

My HSMP visa expires on the 13th OCT.

I am still not clear as to apply the visa before 2 months or 5 weeks.

I see alot of people on this Forum are still applying before 2 months; However, it is stated on HO website:

Code: Select all

20) How do I apply for an extension to an existing HSMP permission or one close to expiry?

Extension applications must be submitted no sooner than 5 weeks before your leave to remain as a Highly Skilled Migrant expires.

Please complete an FLR (IED) form, enclosing the appropriate fee (£335) and documents (see page 10 of the FLR(IED) form). Your passport and those of any dependants must be sent together with the FLR (IED) form in order to be endorsed.

http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/working_in_the_uk/en/homepage/schemes_and_programmes/hsmp/hsmp_faq.html
The thing that worries me is that in case one applies before 2 months there have been cases where the visa is stamped from the next day onwards rather than the date from which the visa experies. This way miss 2-3 weeks of your full 1 year stay in the UK which might rise as an issue and affect your status when apply form ILR at the end of 5 year stay.

Any thoughts ?!?!?!

xray girl
Newly Registered

Post by xray girl » Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:06 pm

The 2 months/5 weeks question, but from another perspective:
I sent my application in on 19-jul, 2 days before my 1st HSMP expired. It cleared payment on the 20th, and it's still with them.
Watch this space for answers to 'how late can i leave my renewal application?'

itsme
Member of Standing

Post by itsme » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:54 pm

hi all. my and wife's (dependant) hsmp visa got extended and here are the timelines

HSMP visa expiry date: Sept, 2006
- sent FLR (IED) application (by Special delivery): July 12, 2006
- application received by Home Office (fee charging team): July 18, 2006
- received confirmation letter (dated July 15, 2006) and ref. number: July 19, 2006
- phoned Home Office and learnt that my application had been approved: July 31, 2006
- documents arrived (by Special Delivery): Aug 02, 2006.
- visa granted until Sept, 2010.
You Can Win. Believe in Yourself.
---

thomas_mat_77
Newly Registered

Post by thomas_mat_77 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:25 pm

Received extenson for another 4 years
FLR applied: 03/07
Reference no received: 15/07
Had forgotten to attach 2 photographs with the application, sent on the 19th quoting the payment reference no, but HO ignored it and chose the photographs attached to the passport, so now the photo on the first page of the passport and the one on the visa page are the same :cry:
Documents received: 03/08

HAIRomania
Newly Registered

Post by HAIRomania » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:43 am

I just received the passports with the extension for another 4 years.
Applied: 14 Jul
Payment: exempt
Reference number received: 20 Jul
Passports received: 08 Aug

Thank you to all of you; this forum is very, very useful.

busa

Post by busa » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:47 am

angel1241 wrote:Hi Everyone,

My HSMP visa expires on the 13th OCT.

I am still not clear as to apply the visa before 2 months or 5 weeks.

I see alot of people on this Forum are still applying before 2 months; However, it is stated on HO website:

20) How do I apply for an extension to an existing HSMP permission or one close to expiry?

Extension applications must be submitted no sooner than 5 weeks before your leave to remain as a Highly Skilled Migrant expires.

Please complete an FLR (IED) form, enclosing the appropriate fee (£335) and documents (see page 10 of the FLR(IED) form). Your passport and those of any dependants must be sent together with the FLR (IED) form in order to be endorsed.

http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/working_in_the_uk/en/homepage/schemes_and_programmes/hsmp/hsmp_faq.html
The thing that worries me is that in case one applies before 2 months there have been cases where the visa is stamped from the next day onwards rather than the date from which the visa experies. This way miss 2-3 weeks of your full 1 year stay in the UK which might rise as an issue and affect your status when apply form ILR at the end of 5 year stay.

Any thoughts ?!?!?!
Your visa stamping is based on the last date of your current visa. So if your visa is expering in Nov 2006, the extension would be till November 2007. Why do you want to apply before 2 months. The processing time is less than 3 weeks. Even if it is longer, you can stay in UK as long as you have applied for the extension.
The only case I can see you would like to apply before 2 months is when you are not sure of getting the extension

Stephan_oliver
Newly Registered

How to Get LT Number

Post by Stephan_oliver » Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:24 pm

I already Submitted ma documents via special delivery and i also noticed deduction from credit card .now i am intrestd to send urgent treatment form coz i need this before i start my new job........
please tell me how can i get my LT number which is too be mentioned on Urgent treatment form....

here is my timeline:

Doc sent Via Royal Mail Sp DLvry: 09/08/06
Credit Card Deduction 10/08/06

Thanx to all seniors they are really helping every one

Stephan_oliver
Newly Registered

HELLO URGENT TREATMENT FORM

Post by Stephan_oliver » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:33 pm

just to save some time i got my aknowledgment letter with LTno and i had already fax the urgent treatment form.......

Thanx a lot to all .........now i am waiting ..............and counting for decision

SidB

Post by SidB » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:40 pm

Hi,

I have just received the SD envelope from the home office with my HSMP extension. Visa stamped till September 2010. :D

This forum has been invaluable in helping me out with my application so I'd like to share my experience as well.

These are my application timelines:

Application Sent: 26th July 2006
Recd by Payments Team: 27th July 2006
Payment Taken: 27th July 2006
Reference number recd: 28th July 2006
Passport and docs recd by Special Delivery: 15th August 2006

The start of the application progressed really quickly. Payment was taken the same day WPUK recd. the application and got a reference later within a day. HOWEVER, the application did not seem to have much progress after that. I called the home office 3-4 times including one call yesterday and was told that my application is "still not on the system" which means that it is still awaiting processing. But I recd my passport with the visa today. I have read a few more cases on this forum where this has happened so please be aware of this. I think the home office is great in processing this quickly and turning it around, however, the status doesn't show on the system as quickly as it should.

The documents I had enclosed with the application were:
Completed FLR IED Form
Passport
2 photos signed and name printed at back
Proof of economic activity - pay slips, 3 months of bank statement and employment contract
HSMP letter in original

If there are any queries, please post them here and I'll be happy to answer.

Thanks everyone.

samsam
Newly Registered

Extension time

Post by samsam » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:55 am

I have atypical problem.

I got hsmp on 16 th MAR. I travelled to UK on 30 th Apr, But I had to return by 10 th Jun as my mother fell ill. Now I can travel by st Sept 2006.

I have a job now. I will be working for 6.5 months and my stay in UK will be for 7 and a half month.

Plaese advise if I can get extension basis above

angel1241

Post by angel1241 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:40 pm

In my point of view, I dont think there should be a problem unless you have been out of UK for more than 3 months. As long as u've got a job and are can manage your expenses - 6.5 months of work should be enough to get an extension.
There are people who got extenions on 2 months permanent work in their respective fields.

samsam
Newly Registered

extension

Post by samsam » Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:07 pm

Yes , I will be out of UK for almost 5 months.

Do u still think I have a chance in getting extension

samir kapur

radam
Newly Registered

August HSMP Timelines

Post by radam » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:25 pm

Hi All

Can anyone who has recently received their Extension Approval please post their time lines. Also has anyone who has applied for extension in August got their passports back

My TimeLines

Application sent - 4 August 06
Reference No. Received - 8 August 06

For the last 2 weeks the Call Centre keeps telling they are still processing applications received on 25 July 06

Any updates would be appreciated

Regards

Radam

kumi

timelines

Post by kumi » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:10 pm

I applied on 2nd Aug., and as I had to go out on a trip, i sent a urgent request form stating the reason. Someone from home office called up my mobile and said that it was too trivial a reason for urgent request. When I enquired further, she told me therez been a backlog, and it will take atleast a month to get things done. So, lets wait and see...

angel1241

Phone Number to enquire Extension Visa Status ?

Post by angel1241 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:58 pm

Can anyone please give me the Phone Number to enquire Extension Visa Status ?

radam
Newly Registered

Post by radam » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:37 am

Hi

I called on +44 (0) 1142076016 for enquiring on my extension application status

Regards

Radam

SidB

Re: August HSMP Timelines

Post by SidB » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:55 am

radam wrote:Hi All

Can anyone who has recently received their Extension Approval please post their time lines. Also has anyone who has applied for extension in August got their passports back

My TimeLines

For the last 2 weeks the Call Centre keeps telling they are still processing applications received on 25 July 06

Regards

Radam
Radam - I applied in the last week of August and recd extension in May. My time lines are on Page 18. See that page for my full response.

SidB

Re: timelines

Post by SidB » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:58 am

kumi wrote:I applied on 2nd Aug., and as I had to go out on a trip, i sent a urgent request form stating the reason. Someone from home office called up my mobile and said that it was too trivial a reason for urgent request. When I enquired further, she told me therez been a backlog, and it will take atleast a month to get things done. So, lets wait and see...
Kumi - Please see my note on page 18. I was also told that there is a month long wait and my application was not on the system. However, I recd my passport the next day.

I believe it takes some time before the correct status of the appliaction starts showing up on their systems. I wouldn't be surprised if they turn it around much more quickly that what you year on the phone.

SidB

Re: August HSMP Timelines

Post by SidB » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:41 am

SidB wrote:
radam wrote:Hi All

My TimeLines

Regards

Radam
Radam - I applied in the last week of August and recd extension in May. My time lines are on Page 18. See that page for my full response.
Apologies, the above should read "Radam - I applied in the last week of July and recd extension in August. My time lines are on Page 18. See that page for my full response."

Sujoy1969
Newly Registered

Has Anybody ever been rejected for Extension of HSMP?

Post by Sujoy1969 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:01 am

Hi,

Does anybody know of any case where the extension of hSMP has actually been rejected?

Regards,
Sujoy

angel1241

Post by angel1241 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:52 pm

FLR-IED Application sent : 22nd August
Payment Debited: 23rd August

Today: 25th August & still waiting for my reference number as yet !!

Will keep u ppl updated.
A

angel1241

Post by angel1241 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:39 pm

Do HSMP Extsnsions fall into this ? Anyone?!?!

23 August 2006 

Temporary delays following a change in our payment processing contractor mean that we are currently unable to meet our service standards of 70% of Worker Registration Scheme (WRS) applications being decided within 10 working days.

Taken from the link below
http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... ons_-.html

Thanks.

radam
Newly Registered

Post by radam » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:35 pm

Hi Angel

No I dont think HSMP Extensions fall in this category. This is for people who are on Company Sponsored Work Permits for whom the Home Office had a SLA of 10 days.

Anyways since ur payments is already debited, it does not matter to you :-)

Regards

Amol

angel1241

Post by angel1241 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:11 am

Thanks Amol.

26th August:
Received the letter of HO. Reference Number.

Regards,
A