ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

please delete the thread moderator

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

linux44
BANNED

please delete the thread moderator

Post by linux44 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:08 am

Hi ,
I have heard few people coming to the country with a valid tourist visa and then applying for asylem in here.
Some of their application was accepted, It annoyes the hell out of me when i see these people abuse the system and take the tax me and others who work hard and pay take for granted.

why would they be granted asylum if they come legally to the country which means in the home country they should proof that they are returning home and showing evidence that they are wealthy enough and have business or dependence in the home country to return to ?

thanks
Last edited by linux44 on Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: abuse of asylum system

Post by Greenie » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:35 am

linux44 wrote:Hi ,
I have heard few people coming to the country with a valid tourist visa and then applying for asylem in here.
Some of their application was accepted, It annoyes the hell out of me when i see these people abuse the system and take the tax me and others who work hard and pay take for granted.

why would they be granted asylum if they come legally to the country which means in the home country they should proof that they are returning home and showing evidence that they are wealthy enough and have business or dependence in the home country to return to ?

thanks
So people who claim and are granted asylum dont work and pay taxes according to you?

A person who comes here as a visitor may subsequently claim asylum when there is a change of circumstances in their country, for example, a war has broken out (Libya is a recent example of this).

Just because someone is wealthy and has a businesss in their home country doesn't mean it is safe for them to live there. People are not granted asylum because they are poor, but because they fear persecution or serious harm in their home country.

*Edited some typographical errors*
Last edited by Greenie on Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sweetmissy

Post by sweetmissy » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:41 am

thanks
Asylum is not granted to everyone... They don't just walk in and get it.

Greenie is correct :D

linux44
BANNED

Post by linux44 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:11 pm

i think u didn't read my thread carefully:) , what i said was that i and others who work pay tax just for these people to claim benefit and take it for free. they won't pay any tax but they take the money that u pay as a tax( that is only if u are paying it )

I didn't mean to say they are rich and.... but what i meant is that when u apply ( if u have ever and not a british national) then u have to prove that u have suffecient fund to support ur self and also show documents that shows ur dependency to ur home country. This is required to ensure u return after ur visit.

But the people who i know come here and there may be few problems is their country but nothing that fears them or anything and then seek asylum.

i hope this clarifies my previous comment
Last edited by linux44 on Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:17 pm

linux44 wrote:
Greenie wrote:

thanks
So people who claim and are granted asylum dont work and pay taxes according to you?

A person who comes here as a visitor may subsequently claim asylum when there is a change of circumstances in their country, for example, a war has broken out (Libya is a recent example of this).

Just because someone is wealthy and has a businesss in their home country doesn't mean it is safe for them to live there. People are not granted asylum because they are poor, but because they fear persecution or serious harm in their home country.

*Edited some typographical errors*
i think u didn't read my thread carefully:) , what i said was that i and others who work pay tax just for these people to claim benefit and take it for free. they won't pay any tax but they take the money that u pay as a tax( that is only if u are paying it :) )

I didn't mean to say they are rich and.... but what i meant is that when u apply ( if u have ever and not a british national) then u have to prove that u have suffecient fund to support ur self and also show documents that shows ur dependency to ur home country. This is required to ensure u return after ur visit.

But the people who i know come here and there may be few problems is their country but nothing that fears them or anything and then seek asylum.

i hope this clarifies my previous comment

Thank you. I read your post very carefully. Both posts show that you have a rather ill informed and ignorant attitude. I don't think you really know what you mean, but, to be honest, am not sure trying to debate it with you is worth my while.

linux44
BANNED

Post by linux44 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:35 pm

i have spent time to type and clarify stuff just to see you being sarcastict and funny. In no ways i am ill informed and have asked you to debate a subject which u do not understand. Please if u can't understand me( either my english in not good enough which i doubt it or ur's isn't, dont comment and disrespect people

Keep ur ideas to ur self
What i have said is what i have seen full stop.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:25 pm

linux44 wrote:i have spent time to type and clarify stuff just to see you being sarcastict and funny. In no ways i am ill informed and have asked you to debate a subject which u do not understand. Please if u can't understand me( either my english in not good enough which i doubt it or ur's isn't, dont comment and disrespect people

Keep ur ideas to ur self
What i have said is what i have seen full stop.
I am quite sure I understand the subject very well, and also understand English very well, given that it is my first language.

In your first post you said that it annoys you that people come to the UK on a valid visit visa and then claim asylum, are granted asylum and then 'take the taxes' that you have paid. You said you could't understand how someone can claim asylum if they have had to show they have a home and a business in their home country.

I pointed out to you that a person might claim asylum after coming to the UK as a visitor if there was a change in the situation in their country, e.g. the outbreak of a war, for example, as in Libya at the moment. I also pointed out that just because someone has a business in their country does not mean they do not have a valid asylum claim.

You then replied and said that I had not read your post properly (which I had) and what you had said in your first post (which you didn't) was that you don't like it that people claim asylum and then claim benefits 'for free' after you have paid taxes. You then said you knew people who had 'a few problems' in their country, but not a fear, but claimed asylum anyway.

For every person who you 'know' who has claimed asylum whilst here as a visitor, who has no valid asylum claim, who is subsequently granted asylum and then claims benefits and doesn't pay taxes, I am quite sure I know many more who spend years trying to put forward their case, who can't claim mainstream benefits, are not allowed to work despite the fact that they can.

I did not 'disrespect you' you made a comment that didn't make sense about people coming as visitors and then claiming asylum. I disagreed with your comment and rather than respond to the points I made, you suggested that I had not read your original post properly.

I'm not here to debate. I'm here to give people guidance and the benefit of my knowledge but if I don't agree with what you say, I will not 'keep my ideas to myself', thanks. There's enough negative press about asylum seekers. I am sure if you go to the daily mail website you'll find plenty of people there who agree with your wide sweeping comments, unfortunately a lot of them are the same people who think there should be no migrants allowed to come to the UK to work or otherwise, and you might find yourself 'disrespected' there too.

linux44
BANNED

Post by linux44 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:07 am

deleted

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:53 am

There will always be people who abuse the asylum system and if caught in deception should be removed from the UK.

alekos

Post by alekos » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:42 am

Thank you Greenie for your comment.
Thank you everyone in this forum.

linux44
BANNED

Post by linux44 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:10 pm

deleted