ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Green Card related questions

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

il_breeze
Newly Registered

Green Card related questions

Post by il_breeze » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:45 am

Hi,

I am sure this was asked before, however I can't find the info.

1. Does HSE cover non-EU Green Card holders or is a private insurance required?
2. Does HSE cover the dependents of Green Card holders?
3. If I get a Green Card, will my kids be entitled to go to a public schools, or a private education will be required?

4. Is it possible to apply to LTR after 2 years with the Green Card? "Persons covered by these arrangements i.e. who resided in the State for at least 2 years on the basis of having a Green Card Employment Permit will be eligible to make an application for Long-Term Residence when the necessary legislation and application process is in place". I am not sure what is the the meaning of the "necessary legislation and application process".

Thanks
Alex

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:13 am

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. - Not sure if anyone has tried this. There is no scheme in place as far as I know but why don't you try writing to the Dept and asking for Long Term Residency. Let us know how u get on.

il_breeze
Newly Registered

Post by il_breeze » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:24 am

Thanks a lot