ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ks18217
Newly Registered

Next ceremony on 28/07/2011

Post by ks18217 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:23 pm

Sorry I meant Next ceremony on 28/07/2011

Eastend

Re: Next ceremony on 28/07/2011

Post by Eastend » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:34 pm

ks18217 wrote:Sorry I meant Next ceremony on 28/07/2011
Can you please explain how you know about next ceremony.

still waiting

Re: Next ceremony on 28/07/2011

Post by still waiting » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:43 pm

ks18217 wrote:Sorry I meant Next ceremony on 28/07/2011

Hi Ks18217,
did DoJ sent u invitation letter or u got information from someone else.
thanx

ks18217
Newly Registered

Post by ks18217 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:49 pm

I received a call to confirm my avalaiblity before they send a letter

justcurious
Newly Registered

Post by justcurious » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:00 pm

ks18217 wrote:I received a call to confirm my avalaiblity before they send a letter
That's great, I sent the document on same day, Did they give you any time of ceremony?

goonie76
Newly Registered

Post by goonie76 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:18 pm

Hi Folks,

I have sent the documents as requested by INIS....950euros, Form 7, etc...by registered post last week. I still haven't received any acknowledgement letter from INIS. Do INIS send out a letter or do they send the CON within six weeks as stated in the approval letter.

aim
Newly Registered

Change of name

Post by aim » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:31 pm

Hi All,

I got my approval of citizenship on 4th July. I haven't sent the fees and GNIB card yet. I want to change my name. Can anybody advise me which one of the following options better:

Option 1: Obtain change of name licence, change name through deed poll and apply for CON, apply for passport on receipt of CON
Option 2: Obtain CON, obtain change of name licence as a citizen, change name through deed poll and apply for passport.

Thanks all for your advise.

AIM

myimmigrationboards

Re: Change of name

Post by myimmigrationboards » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:54 am

aim wrote:Hi All,

I got my approval of citizenship on 4th July. I haven't sent the fees and GNIB card yet. I want to change my name. Can anybody advise me which one of the following options better:

Option 1: Obtain change of name licence, change name through deed poll and apply for CON, apply for passport on receipt of CON
Option 2: Obtain CON, obtain change of name licence as a citizen, change name through deed poll and apply for passport.

AIM
i would strongly suggest change of name after you obtain ur Irish citizenship, it will be lot easier with less hassle.
good luck

flatpack

Re: Change of name

Post by flatpack » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:40 am

i would recommend the same

myimmigrationboards wrote:
aim wrote:Hi All,

AIM
i would strongly suggest change of name after you obtain ur Irish citizenship, it will be lot easier with less hassle.
good luck

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:10 am

ks18217 wrote:I received a call to confirm my avalaiblity before they send a letter
That's good news ks.

When did you get your approval and when did you send the 950?

Cheers,
Ace

sunshine-girl
Newly Registered

Post by sunshine-girl » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:05 pm

My husband applied since last October 2010, he wasn't processed until he submitted birth certificate sent by his mother January 2011, he was eventually processed this February with 68 number, i submitted mine June 2011, and i was processed immediately, so we are awaiting our bonds from naturalization department over ten years in Ireland. hurry.

We are now waiting if our name we be on the next list of naturalization fast tracking systems.

taquilasunrise
Newly Registered

Re: Additional document submitted

Post by taquilasunrise » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:51 pm

churchholigan wrote:Hi.

I submitted the additional documents to INIS last Monday and An Post record shows that INIS recevied it on Wednesday. Does INIS send out acknowledgment for additional information request or they will just leave it?

Thank you.
Hey churchholigan, You know what ? Your file might be currently with Minister !! Hence they couldn't add your additional docs to your file and they can't send acknowledgment without adding your docs to your file. :)

If you call them tomorrow you will know exact (?) status.

BTW What's your timeline ?

MidnightHawk

Post by MidnightHawk » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:00 pm

xyazx wrote:hi
i applied my citizenship application on feb 2011 on base of spouse of irish citizen . now i change my adress can any one tell me please do i have to inform the citizenship office if do which way is the best to inform them
thanxx
Regards
We moved house and I sent INIS a letter by registered post. They responded with acknowledgement.

still waiting

Post by still waiting » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:00 pm

Hi Guys,
Today morning i got a phone call from Doj to attend 28 july ceremony aswell.
c u then, only date is fixed they will write me for scheduled venue.
good luck

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:02 pm

still waiting wrote:Hi Guys,
good luck
Congrats :-)

flatpack

Post by flatpack » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:08 pm

Congratulation

good luck

hohbfa
Newly Registered

Post by hohbfa » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:41 pm

Does INIS provide any email facility? If yes then any experience how quick they provide the answer?

Eastend

Post by Eastend » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:47 pm

good luck
Congratulation Still waiting :D , by the way when you send your 950 euros and other docs to INIS

Eastend

Post by Eastend » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:47 pm

hohbfa wrote:Does INIS provide any email facility? If yes then any experience how quick they provide the answer?
I dont think they provide email and even if they does i think they dont answer.

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:53 pm

Eastend wrote:
hohbfa wrote:Does INIS provide any email facility? If yes then any experience how quick they provide the answer?
reminded me of the Heineken advert.

flatpack

Post by flatpack » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:56 pm

i hate to disappoint you DoJ do answer emails but there is no time frame :D so welcome to the email queue (friend of mine got email reply after three months)

Eastend wrote:

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:59 pm

congratulation still waitting and everyone who is invited to attend the citizenship cermony.

Today I took an oath at my local district court,I'd say it was not good experience as we were in the same court with some handcuffed offenders (criminals) also the court was overcrowded and many garda pesons were there
the secertary of the court called everyone with his name and we read what's in the form 7 and the judge signed it.

I'd say I did not like the way how it runs but anyway I did at last and I'm sending everything tomorrow morning then going on holidays the day after.

by the way I rang (based on Marisa advise,thanks by the way) the immigratiion and passport control in dublin airport to tell them about not having my GNIB there was a nice fella and asked me to have a copy for my card and that would be suffice

good luck to everyone
peace on you

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:04 pm

IRISH PHAROE wrote:congratulation still waitting and everyone who is invited to attend the citizenship cermony.

Today I took an oath at my local district court,I'd say it was not good experience as we were in the same court with some handcuffed offenders (criminals) also the court was overcrowded and many garda pesons were there
the secertary of the court called everyone with his name and we read what's in the form 7 and the judge signed it.

I'd say I did not like the way how it runs but anyway I did at last and I'm sending everything tomorrow morning then going on holidays the day after.

by the way I rang (based on Marisa advise,thanks by the way) the immigratiion and passport control in dublin airport to tell them about not having my GNIB there was a nice fella and asked me to have a copy for my card and that would be suffice

good luck to everyone
Congrats IP. Enjoy your holidays. Hope you'll have the CON when you are back.

angelcountry
BANNED

Re: Additional document submitted

Post by angelcountry » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:22 pm

taquilasunrise wrote:
churchholigan wrote:Hi.

I submitted the additional documents to INIS last Monday and An Post record shows that INIS recevied it on Wednesday. Does INIS send out acknowledgment for additional information request or they will just leave it?

Thank you.
Hey churchholigan, You know what ? Your file might be currently with Minister !! Hence they couldn't add your additional docs to your file and they can't send acknowledgment without adding your docs to your file. :)

If you call them tomorrow you will know exact (?) status.

BTW What's your timeline ?
I presume the minister will read the application form including documentation not by virtue of acte clair.

Maybe Alan shatter want to create another tiers of immigration status again, we are all used to the rude immigration system and policy as we often curtail it anyway.
:lol: :lol:
Reality and Proof can make a case in accordance with the fix rule custom and principle.

hohbfa
Newly Registered

e-mail address for citizenship office

Post by hohbfa » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:31 pm

Does anyone know what is the e-mail address of Naturalisation office for any query? Do they reply?