ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

<Urgent Help Needed> Switzerland Work Permit Details

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

robbyuk

<Urgent Help Needed> Switzerland Work Permit Details

Post by robbyuk » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:31 pm

Hi friends,

I have been approached by a recruiter for a job in Switzerland. I haven't had detailed discussions with them on the terms & conditions yet, therefore would like to know the following before talking to them in detail today:

1) What is the minimum and maximum length of Swiss work permit

2) Can I work in any other company as well on that visa or will I be bound to the company which applied the visa for me?

3) If the answer to question 2 is that I can work in any other company, will I be able to work outside Swiss but within European Union as well or is the Work permit specific for Swiss?

4) For how many years will I need to stay in Swiss on this work permit before I can apply for Swiss Permanent Residency?

Your urgent response to the above queries will be very helpful & highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Robby

robbyuk

Post by robbyuk » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:35 pm

I forgot to mention my current status. I am currently working in the UK on a Tier2 ICT.

ca.funke
Belgium

Re: <Urgent Help Needed> Switzerland Work Permit Detai

Post by ca.funke » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:43 pm

Hi robbyuk,

you need to share some more details, for example your nationality.

See also >>this<<.

Good luck with your new job in Switzerland!

Rgds, Christian

robbyuk

Post by robbyuk » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:54 pm

Following are further details about me:

Nationality: Indian
Current location(s): UK
going alone or with the family...? Alone

what do I want to do/achieve...? For Short-term, Work visa. Long-term: Permanent residency
Destination: Switzerland

flyboy
Member of Standing
Switzerland

Post by flyboy » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:13 pm

Depends on which permit you will get. L or B permit. There are quotas attached to these permits for non EU citizens. You are bound to the employer you are working for, however on a B permit i think ,not too sure though, you are allowed to change jobs. The permit is renewable every year and only valid in Switzerland. It's not an EU wide work permit.

10 years of residence in Switzerland before you get a C permit (permanent residency) for non EU's, besides americans and canadians which can get it after 5 years or if you are married to a swiss. If you are well integrated etc... you could apply after 5 years, but no guarantee you'll get it.

12 years for citizenship and the community you reside in will have the final say on that.