ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rajaj333

Post by rajaj333 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:28 am

this wait is killlling meee
Visa application is under process at british high commission 07/14/2011
Returned tO Ac 07/21/2011
ready for collection 25/07/11
granted :P

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:45 am

wassap wrote:Guys I think my worst fears are about to be realised, my 12 weeks are due to be up at the end of this month. Ive just come back from PK (after having an awesome time in the heat) with a copy of all the docs that were submitted aaaaand ive noticed a mistake on the VAF4 form, they have filled in a section they didnt need to (section 8.5 other dependants).

No point crying over spilt milk now but assuming ECOs are mini hitlers, the application will get rejected, in this scenario, will we be still able tp appeal? or will i have to send in a new application? rest of my application is pretty damn rock solid tho

I had prepared myself for the worst anyway, but i reckon this is the nail in that damn coffin now!
what did u write???????????????

ss27

Post by ss27 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:07 am

Congrats who had their passport and wish every body good luuck

Can anybody tell me email address i am gong to send email to BHC

awaiting

wassap

Post by wassap » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:07 am

anjum786mohammed wrote:
wassap wrote:Guys I think my worst fears are about to be realised, my 12 weeks are due to be up at the end of this month. Ive just come back from PK (after having an awesome time in the heat) with a copy of all the docs that were submitted aaaaand ive noticed a mistake on the VAF4 form, they have filled in a section they didnt need to (section 8.5 other dependants).

No point crying over spilt milk now but assuming ECOs are mini hitlers, the application will get rejected, in this scenario, will we be still able tp appeal? or will i have to send in a new application? rest of my application is pretty damn rock solid tho

I had prepared myself for the worst anyway, but i reckon this is the nail in that damn coffin now!
what did u write???????????????
Shud have left it blank, but instead they repeated my details in there! Doh! Doh! I think if it gets rejected on that part, i'll just re apply instead of appealing n put a covering letter with the new form explaining etc

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:31 am

Lmao!!!!! Agreed with saeraj, looks like the fella is shouting for help hahah.

saeraj, ILR is applied for after 24 months is up, don't wait till 27 months lol that's when ur spouse visa will expire. I don't know the full detail to this whether it is during 24th month or after 24 months. As long as u leave within first month u will be alright because u'll have 2 months at least after ur 24 months is up. They are usually very quick for ILR so in about 2 weeks inshallah u'll receive your passport WITH ILR visa stamped on it.

wassap, I don't think ECO will be that harsh and refuse for a mistake which isn't major. Maybe they might chuckle a bit for the mistake but hopefully they shouldn't refuse u for it. If u be negative about ur application then a negative response u may receive indeed. Doing a fresh application may not be the way to go, especially when a lot of costs is involved.

A fresh application is due when u have something NEW to add to the application that was not forseeable in the old application, i.e. change of job. In ur situation it was a mistake that u just copied details on application form, so nothing unforseeable about that. Therefore an appeal would be the way forward IF it gets refused. But hang in there and do not go into negativity. I had mistakes in my application but the refusal reason was a surprise. As 12 weeks draws closer it is normal for a guy to second guess his application (just like how I did) but it will NOT help you. If there is a mistake, leave that to the ECO to decide, u'll be a lot better that way, so please think positive and look forward to your decision. Inshallah it'll be alright.
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPqzu-0I

P.S. Above spreadsheet no longer being monitored and edited by myself.

rajaj333

Post by rajaj333 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:33 am

hello shadowww

vsimplek

Post by vsimplek » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:55 am

Congratulation Missy_22

CRT7

Post by CRT7 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:22 pm

shadow86

any updates on tracker?

wassap

Post by wassap » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:43 pm

Shadow86 wrote:wassap, I don't think ECO will be that harsh and refuse for a mistake which isn't major. Maybe they might chuckle a bit for the mistake but hopefully they shouldn't refuse u for it. If u be negative about ur application then a negative response u may receive indeed. Doing a fresh application may not be the way to go, especially when a lot of costs is involved.

A fresh application is due when u have something NEW to add to the application that was not forseeable in the old application, i.e. change of job. In ur situation it was a mistake that u just copied details on application form, so nothing unforseeable about that. Therefore an appeal would be the way forward IF it gets refused. But hang in there and do not go into negativity. I had mistakes in my application but the refusal reason was a surprise. As 12 weeks draws closer it is normal for a guy to second guess his application (just like how I did) but it will NOT help you. If there is a mistake, leave that to the ECO to decide, u'll be a lot better that way, so please think positive and look forward to your decision. Inshallah it'll be alright.
Thats good to read chap, when it comes to Pakistan ive always been of the mindset that expect the worst and if its not that bad then its a bonus, so i aint too disheartened,both the missus and i have prepared for the worst, ie worst case 6 extra months apart.

if a mistake doesnt stop us from appealing then thats awesome news, cos it saves us a fair old whack, money that can be used for fun stuff!!!

Cheers mate, you really are top bloke and are helping so many on this forum!

Missy_22

Post by Missy_22 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:34 pm

Thanks everybody, hubby is going to try and book his ticket for the 24th of this month :)

I agree wassap, shadow86 is a top bloke who is always trying to make everybody feel better :D

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:40 pm

No updates CRT7, still same 'forwarded' progress. I will check again tomorrow and if it is same then will have to make that leap and face my fears and let my uncle return on his own on 18th July.

wassap, from what u're telling us I can say that if it is a refusal then u would be alright for appealing against their decision and in the process perhaps give them a good whoopin' so to speak in your grounds for appeal. I honestly don't see it going that direction because it's not a solid enough reason to refuse someone entry to the UK. Maybe my reasons for refusal might cheer u up (positively speaking lol) and make you think more positive.
Unfortunately for me I submitted a letter of employment NOT on headed paper and because i'm paid in cash I deposit it to my local bank every week and so whilst it may seem hazy that the person is depositing cash and where is he getting it from? Having a letter of employment on plain paper just gave them a reason to refuse my wife's application. So you see it was a hand in hand based refusal - two fold so to speak. So yours is only a minority and that is why I don't see a refusal taking place. But hey like I said, leave it to the ECO to decide :).

Thanks mate, just trying my best to give back to this awesome forum and passing on my experience and knowledge.

Edit: hehe thanks Missy_22 :D :P. I wish your hubby a safe trip and a stress-free journey.

akaamir

Post by akaamir » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:51 pm

Hubby said if you keep tracking application (mean) 5 times in a day it going to be more delay
ist really true i dont believe but just confirming...
12/04/2011.applied 18/07/2011 Refused
read for collection..16/2/12 visa GRANTED
Going to apply for stay for hubby 2014
Allah (SWT) is the Greatest..

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:12 pm

akaamir wrote:Hubby said if you keep tracking application (mean) 5 times in a day it going to be more delay
ist really true i dont believe but just confirming...
I track it no more than once. Only reason why I been tracking is cause dilse got BHC status so I wanna see what's in store for me.

I don't think what he is saying is true in terms of the online tracking itself but it may have a spiritual meaning behind it. Like how my wife says if u keep chasing something then it'll keep going further and i've experienced this to be true most of the times. Maybe tracking once a day across 2 or 3 days is not chasing but tracking 5 times a day is definitely chasing lol.

akaamir

Post by akaamir » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:26 pm

@ SHADOW86
I track it no more than once. Only reason why I been tracking is cause dilse got BHC status so I wanna see what's in store for me.

I don't think what he is saying is true in terms of the online tracking itself but it may have a spiritual meaning behind it. Like how my wife says if u keep chasing something then it'll keep going further and i've experienced this to be true most of the times. Maybe tracking once a day across 2 or 3 days is not chasing but tracking 5 times a day is definitely chasing lol.
Gosh i better stop doing that. my 3 month over yesterday havent heard anything do you think ist worth to call abu dhabi tomorow and ask how long they going to take for my husband visa???? any suggestion.......

Missy_22

Post by Missy_22 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:49 pm

thanks Shadow86.

akaamir - I used to track my application probably more than 5 times a day on some days lol, so I don’t think that’s necessarily true, but as Shadow86 says maybe it’s a spiritual thingamajig.

everyday_4_u

Post by everyday_4_u » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:03 pm

First of all, congratulation to you. Could you please let us know, on what date visa is stamped on your hubby's passport. It will give us just a little bit idea, how many days it take coming back to Gerry's from EMBASSY after stamp.
My status on www.ukvacpk.com website never changed since i applied, not even at once. it is same as from day 1. It never says under processed but i know it is being processed as my spouse interview took place on 26th May. I also know that my application is being decided in Islamabad not in Abu Dhabi. But any body pls could tell me what do i need to do with my status which never changed?
Missy_22 wrote:thanks Shadow86.

akaamir - I used to track my application probably more than 5 times a day on some days lol, so I don’t think that’s necessarily true, but as Shadow86 says maybe it’s a spiritual thingamajig.

akaamir

Post by akaamir » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:10 pm

@ missy-22
everyday_4_u"]Could you please let us know, on what date visa is stamped on your hubby's passport. It will give us just a little bit idea, how many days it take coming back to Gerry's from EMBASSY after stamp

Good question then we have idea that how long we have to wait roughly. And missy-22 thanks for answer im at work and just keep going on that webpage couldnt help it,and i do believe what excetley shadow said if you chase something you wont get it leave it till it happen but trust me this waitig time is worst thing in life to do lol

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:50 pm

akaamir wrote:Gosh i better stop doing that. my 3 month over yesterday havent heard anything do you think ist worth to call abu dhabi tomorow and ask how long they going to take for my husband visa???? any suggestion.......
Preferably not. I'd suggest you wait a maximum of 13 weeks and 3 days since submitting application. If you don't hear anything after that time then email abu dhabi and ask what is going on.

I cannot stress it enough, PLEASE do not worry if 12 weeks have passed and u haven't heard anything. It CAN take up to 13 weeks so just bare with the ECO's.

rajaj333

important

Post by rajaj333 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:55 pm

there is not such type of thing that when we track our application and its making delay for uss not this is wrong u can track it many tymes as u wish when i applied for settlement visa fresh case den its refused i checked 10 tymes a day my application cm by time which is 12 weeks limit . so there is not delayy for it so chilll

akaamir

Post by akaamir » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:26 pm

thank you guys for reply, i think you r right i should give them on more week and then chase it up. And i can track it any tym i lyk lol
ufffffffffffffff waiting waiting waiting
may God help us all with visas

vsimplek

Post by vsimplek » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:37 pm

Hello Friends UKBA have started consultation Family Migration visa have look this link http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... -migration

Please everybody contribute https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/7X6HHLX
Thanks

vsimplek

Post by vsimplek » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:42 pm

Main points of this consultation they going to implement are
defining more clearly what constitutes a genuine and continuing marriage, to help identify sham and forced marriages;
introducing a new minimum income threshold for sponsors of partners and dependants, to ensure that family migrants are adequately supported as a basis for integration - the independent Migration Advisory Committee has been asked to advise on what the threshold should be;
extending the probationary period before partners can apply for settlement in the UK from 2 years to 5 years, to test that relationships are genuine and to encourage integration into British life;
requiring partners and adult dependants aged under 65 to demonstrate that they can understand everyday English (B1 level on the Common European Framework for Languages) when they apply for settlement;
exploring the case for making 'sham' a lawful impediment to marriage in England and Wales, and for giving the authorities the power to delay a marriage where sham is suspected;
working closely with local authorities to ensure that vulnerable people are not forced into marriage; and
reviewing the full right of appeal for family visitor visas, and inviting views on whether there are circumstances (beyond race discrimination and human rights grounds) in which an appeal right should be retained.

okara87

Post by okara87 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:11 pm

still waiting...

:(

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:42 pm

Shadow86 wrote: Unfortunately for me I submitted a letter of employment NOT on headed paper and because i'm paid in cash I deposit it to my local bank every week and so whilst it may seem hazy that the person is depositing cash and where is he getting it from? Having a letter of employment on plain paper just gave them a reason to refuse my wife's application. So you see it was a hand in hand based refusal - two fold so to speak. So yours is only a minority and that is why I don't see a refusal taking place. But hey like I said, leave it to the ECO to decide :).
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Shadow86 i also get paid cash in hand, andddd uhhhhhhhhh and the letter that my employer gave me was made on microsoft word..................... and it looked rather how can i put it............. very basic................
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh f*********************************k
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:03 pm

Sorry anjum but don't take me wrong, LMAO!!!!!!!!

It's your expression yaar, hahahaha.

Ok now putting the humour aside, flip yaar that is bad! Dude oh man! Ok wait, did u submit a TAX document such as PAYE Coding Notice or P60!!??????????? IF YES then there is hope! If not then...... :shock:
I didn't submit a tax document that is why I got refused. In my appeal I submitted tax document (PAYE coding notice) AND the letter of employment on headed paper.

@vsimplek, extending the probationary period from 2 years to 5 years!???????? WHAT!!!????? My goodness that's uncalled for! Does the person coming to UK not desire to drive???? I read in the application form for driving license that you must have ILR and be settled in UK to be eligible for driving license. If the 2 years goes into 5 years then people would be starting their driving in their late 20's or early 30's :evil:.