ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Denmark Citizenship

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mDanish
Newly Registered

Denmark Citizenship

Post by mDanish » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:04 pm

HI All,

I would like to know if a child is born in Denmark while the parents are on student or some kind of temporary visa, Is the child entitled for citizenship.

If someone enters Denmark on student visa, are they eligible to apply for Refugee status? Sorry, I am asking questions for my knowledge.

If we can apply for Refugee status, are we allowed to travel back home while the case is processing.

acme4242

Re: Denmark Citizenship

Post by acme4242 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:26 pm

mDanish wrote: If we can apply for Refugee status, are we allowed to travel back home while the case is processing.
Sorry I don't know anything about Danish Citizenship laws.

But an application as refugee will be viewed as bogus if you want
to travel back to the country you say your fleeing from as a refugee.

mastermind

Post by mastermind » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:37 am

eldane
Mood:
Denmark

Hang on, hang on...

Post by eldane » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:50 pm

When one become a refugee one is applying for asylum.

First let's establish what asylum is.

"The definition of asylum (seeker) is a person who seeks protection or shelter from a country other than their own. They flee from their home if their country is involved in civil war, or if their human rights are disrespected."

Now, if you would be fleeing your home country due to being subdued to inhumane treatment etc why on earth would you want to go back while your case is being case worked suffering demeaning treatment from your government or rebels in your country?

In Denmark, and I am Danish national so I should know the system, your application will be dismissed faster than you can manage to utter hello.

http://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-us/faq/asylum.htm

With regards to a child born in Denmark by non Danish citizens; NO! you child will have the nationality of the one the mother has.

http://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-us/faq/danish_nationality/
Good intentions are appreciated but results are what matters..