ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

14 years rule will be chopped, for sure??

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Aryan2013
Member of Standing

14 years rule will be chopped, for sure??

Post by Aryan2013 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:23 pm

I think that 14 years rule will be chopped, for sure?? The document does not mention's 10 years rule so it may or may not survive.

"We suggest too that those who wish to settle in the UK on the grounds of private or family life should be up-front about their intentions and make an appropriate application to the UK Border Agency. Settlement in the UK is a privilege. It should not be achieved simply by evading our detection for a number of years. We will therefore consider the impact of our Article 8 proposals on the need to retain the 14-year long residence rule."

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

gads
Newly Registered

Post by gads » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:13 pm

this is really sad, they want people to make applications and only for it to be refused. :twisted:

IMMIGRATION LAWYER
United Kingdom

Re: 14 years rule will be chopped, for sure??

Post by IMMIGRATION LAWYER » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:26 pm

This may indeed happen. When - I would not know.

The 2009 Bill did not have provision for ILR on the basis of 10/14 year Rule, by the way.
Aryan2013 wrote:I think that 14 years rule will be chopped, for sure?? The document does not mention's 10 years rule so it may or may not survive.

"We suggest too that those who wish to settle in the UK on the grounds of private or family life should be up-front about their intentions and make an appropriate application to the UK Border Agency. Settlement in the UK is a privilege. It should not be achieved simply by evading our detection for a number of years. We will therefore consider the impact of our Article 8 proposals on the need to retain the 14-year long residence rule."

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Aryan2013
Member of Standing

Re: 14 years rule will be chopped, for sure??

Post by Aryan2013 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:21 pm

IMMIGRATION LAWYER wrote: The 2009 Bill did not have provision for ILR on the basis of 10/14 year Rule, by the way.
I don't see a link between these proposals and 2009 Bill.

May I ask you, If I May to be more specific please and clearly show us the link.