ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR in Sep/Oct 2011

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hariff_m
Newly Registered

ILR in Sep/Oct 2011

Post by hariff_m » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:13 am

I complete 5 years on the 17th of October 2011. I was granted my HSMP on the 16 of Oct 2006.
I was under HSMP visa from October 2006 to Oct 2008 and extended under Tier 1 from October 2008 until October 2011.

Can someone tell me how this effects my ILR application in Oct 2011

1. From the old rule
2. Do I have to write the Life in the UK test. There is an exception for people initially in the HSMP category
3. And what about my wife, she joined me in April 2010 which makes it 18 months in October 2011. Do I wait for her to complete 2 yrs or can she automatically get PR under the HSMP rules.
4. Do i have to show any minimum balance
5. Anything else that i've missed out which needs to be looked at
6. What documents will i have to show
7. Do i have to show the 75 points

Please advice

xyz123

Re: ILR in Sep/Oct 2011

Post by xyz123 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:24 pm

hariff_m wrote:I complete 5 years on the 17th of October 2011. I was granted my HSMP on the 16 of Oct 2006.
I was under HSMP visa from October 2006 to Oct 2008 and extended under Tier 1 from October 2008 until October 2011.

1. From the old rule
2. Do I have to write the Life in the UK test. There is an exception for people initially in the HSMP category
3. And what about my wife, she joined me in April 2010 which makes it 18 months in October 2011. Do I wait for her to complete 2 yrs or can she automatically get PR under the HSMP rules.

Please advice
Please bother to search the forum. all questions have been answered.

musaratnasreen

Re: ILR in Sep/Oct 2011

Post by musaratnasreen » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:39 pm

Q1 Under old rules
2 NO U R under JR
3 Do not know
4 NO
6 Economic activity
7 NO

hariff_m wrote:I complete 5 years on the 17th of October 2011. I was granted my HSMP on the 16 of Oct 2006.

1. From the old rule

Please advice

hariff_m
Newly Registered

Post by hariff_m » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:55 am

Dear XYZ123,

I have read a lot of information form a lot of forums, the UKBA website. It's purely for double checking that i want to clarify with an expert. That's all

And thanks musaratnasreen.

I still have 3 questions, please

My 1st HSMP visa stamped on the passport states WPUK Milton (Oct 2006 - 2008)
The 2nd Tier 1 extension is stamped as Tier 1 General (Oct 2008 - 2011)

Question 1: In the SET(O) application form, section 3 - what category do i choose: a) HSMP Migrant Under the terms of the HSMP ILR judicial review policy document OR b) Tier 1 (general)
I think it's HSMP Migrant Under the terms of the HSMP ILR judicial review policy document

Question 2: n the SET(O) application form, section 9 Documents - would i have to fill 9G HSMP 5 years or 9L Tier 1(General Migrant) .
I Think it's HSMP 5 years

Question 3: And for my wife,can i confirm that she will be granted ILR as per the judicial review, paragraph 29?

Please advice

Hariff

hariff_m
Newly Registered

Post by hariff_m » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:26 pm

Dear All,

I have read as much as i could and pretty much clarified all my doubts/clarifications except for the below 3 queries. Please help

1. Since my initial HSMP was granted in Oct 2006, i choose under section 10, section 10G. Is that right?

2. Under HSMP INDEFINITE LEAVE TO REMAIN (ILR) JUDICIAL REVIEW: POLICY DOCUMENT, paragraph 29 states that the dependant gets the same status as the main applicant, hence my wife will get the same status, right?

3. I have checked both the old and the new rules and I couldn't find anywhere where they ask to maintain a minimum balance either for the main or the dependant. Is that right?

Please help on the above

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Post by khalidmirza » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:05 am

Hi
You r right a) tick under JR ILR(settlement and fill in 10 G. You do not fill section 9 and section 4 LIUK in set o form
U R right about parar 29. I see difficulty in wife duration of stay being less than 2 years. Read
If you have a spouse or civil partner listed in section 2 of this application form who is applying at the same
time as you, please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were last granted leave (up to a
maximum of two years). Evidence provided should cover the whole period and be in the form of official letters
or documents, addressed to yourself and your spouse.

hariff_m wrote:Dear All,

I have read as much as i could and pretty much clarified all my doubts/clarifications except for the below 3 queries. Please help

1. Since my initial HSMP was granted in Oct 2006, i choose under section 10, section 10G. Is that right?

2. Under HSMP INDEFINITE LEAVE TO REMAIN (ILR) JUDICIAL REVIEW: POLICY DOCUMENT, paragraph 29 states that the dependant gets the same status as the main applicant, hence my wife will get the same status, right?

3. I have checked both the old and the new rules and I couldn't find anywhere where they ask to maintain a minimum balance either for the main or the dependant. Is that right?

Please help on the above

hariff_m
Newly Registered

Post by hariff_m » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:47 pm

Thank you Khalidmirza,

My wife joined me in April 2010 and her visa along with mine expires in October 2011. This only makes her 18 months and not 2 yrs, will that be a problem?

Hariff

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Son_of_Soil » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:24 am

Hi
I am in the same boat like you,My wife joined me in december 2010.But i have been advised by senior members of this forum that if yu fall under HSMP JR, dependendent follows teh same rules as main applicant. so she should be able to get ILR no matters when she joined you. It states in the JR policy documents.

Thanks
hariff_m wrote:Thank you Khalidmirza,

My wife joined me in April 2010 and her visa along with mine expires in October 2011. This only makes her 18 months and not 2 yrs, will that be a problem?

Hariff

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:13 pm

hariff_m wrote:My wife joined me in April 2010 and her visa along with mine expires in October 2011. This only makes her 18 months and not 2 yrs, will that be a problem?
Is she eligible in accordance with the law? - Yes. Will she be granted? - Depends!

See also Got my ILR BUT Wife ILR refused - HSMP JR PEO @CROYDON
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

hariff_m
Newly Registered

Post by hariff_m » Wed May 11, 2011 9:01 pm

Dear All,

Thanks for all your reply. Away due to work and hence couldn't reply.

As a proactive measure i filled up a mock application

My visa for HSMP 17th Oct 2006 to all as a reminder. Hence i will apply during the 3 week of september of 2011

Filled Section 1,section 2, section 5, section 7, section 8 and section 11 as normal as normal.

I1 - Section 3 - i choose section B - Highly skilled Migrant under he terms of the HSMP ILR judicial review policy document.

I2 - Section 4 - not required

I3 - Section 6 - what date do i put, i entered UK in Oct 2002 but i got my segs in Sep 2005 and i converted that to HSMP in Oct 2006.
So to answer section 6.1 SHOULD I PUT THE VISA STAMPED DATE OF 17TH OCT 2006 AS DATE OF ENTRY

I4 - Section 9 - not required

I5 - Section 10
Chose section 10G

I6 - In terms of documentation

8 months bank statement at the moment and 4 to follow with
september the applying time

8 months pay slip and 4 to follow. The pay slips are computer
generated and hence will get it signed/stamped by HR/Manager

5 yrs P60

Employer letter

Initial HSMP letter of Oct 2006 and Tier Extension of Oct 2008

I7 - Co - habitation document

1. NHS letter addressed separately to my wife and me issued May
2010 and a 2nd NHS letter issued due to change of location in Mar

2. Council tax letter addressed to us together i the new address Dec

3. Marriage certificate

4. Wife's date of entry / dependant visa in passport

Can someone please help
- on Item 3 ie. section 6
- Item 7 ie. co-habitation documents

I have put in everything that i can think of, hoping that it's useful for others as well.

Though the rule states that the dependent will be treated the same way as the main applicant, i'm not so sure as she has not been with me for 2 yrs yet, only 18 months from April 2010.

Can members please peruse and comment if there is anything missing?

Thank you

Hariff
[/u]

hariff_m
Newly Registered

Post by hariff_m » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:46 am

hariff_m wrote:Dear All,

Thanks for all your reply. Away due to work and hence couldn't reply.

As a proactive measure i filled up a mock application

My visa for HSMP 17th Oct 2006 to all as a reminder. Hence i will apply during the 3 week of september of 2011

Filled Section 1,section 2, section 5, section 7, section 8 and section 11 as normal as normal.

I1 - Section 3 - i choose section B - Highly skilled Migrant under he terms of the HSMP ILR judicial review policy document.

I2 - Section 4 - not required

I3 - Section 6 - what date do i put, i entered UK in Oct 2002 but i got my segs in Sep 2005 and i converted that to HSMP in Oct 2006.
So to answer section 6.1 SHOULD I PUT THE VISA STAMPED DATE OF 17TH OCT 2006 AS DATE OF ENTRY

I4 - Section 9 - not required

I5 - Section 10
Chose section 10G

I6 - In terms of documentation

8 months bank statement at the moment and 4 to follow with
september the applying time

8 months pay slip and 4 to follow. The pay slips are computer
generated and hence will get it signed/stamped by HR/Manager

5 yrs P60

Employer letter

Initial HSMP letter of Oct 2006 and Tier Extension of Oct 2008

I7 - Co - habitation document

1. NHS letter addressed separately to my wife and me issued May
2010 and a 2nd NHS letter issued due to change of location in Mar

2. Council tax letter addressed to us together i the new address Dec

3. Marriage certificate

4. Wife's date of entry / dependant visa in passport

Can someone please help
- on Item 3 ie. section 6
- Item 7 ie. co-habitation documents

I have put in everything that i can think of, hoping that it's useful for others as well.

Though the rule states that the dependent will be treated the same way as the main applicant, i'm not so sure as she has not been with me for 2 yrs yet, only 18 months from April 2010.

Can members please peruse and comment if there is anything missing?

Thank you

Hariff
[/u]
Dear All,

I haven't had any replies for the above. Plus I now have a new question, I just noticed that my previous 4 P60's have my name the wrong, on my surname section is the 1st name and 1st name section has the surname, but the NI number is fine. Will that be a problem, should I call up the revenue people and get it sorted out?

Please someone reply

hariff_m
Newly Registered

Post by hariff_m » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:45 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
hariff_m wrote:My wife joined me in April 2010 and her visa along with mine expires in October 2011. This only makes her 18 months and not 2 yrs, will that be a problem?
Is she eligible in accordance with the law? - Yes. Will she be granted? - Depends!

Can any senior members comment on the below issue, please
1. I don't have my P60 for 2006/2007, lost it. So i called the HM Revenue people and they send me a letter stating my tax details, but in a letter form. Will that be ok?

2. For the P60 of year 2007/08, 08/09/ 09/10, they have got the surname and first name the wrong way. It's only 10/11, they got it the right way after i called and corrected it with them. But the N I numbers are correct. Will that be a problem?

Please let me know

Hariff

mk357
Member of Standing

Post by mk357 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:01 pm

hariff_m wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:

1. I don't have my P60 for 2006/2007, lost it. So i called the HM Revenue people and they send me a letter stating my tax details, but in a letter form. Will that be ok?

2. For the P60 of year 2007/08, 08/09/ 09/10, they have got the surname and first name the wrong way. It's only 10/11, they got it the right way after i called and corrected it with them. But the N I numbers are correct. Will that be a problem?

Please let me know

Hariff
You bother too much. The HMRC letter should be fine, don't worry.

hariff_m
Newly Registered

Post by hariff_m » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:04 pm

mk357 wrote:
hariff_m wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:

Dear sir, i guess i do, but i can't help it. I just want to get everything right, thats' all. But thank you anyway

Hariff

Please let me know

Hariff
You bother too much. The HMRC letter should be fine, don't worry.