ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET M application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

benn
Newly Registered

SET M application

Post by benn » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:41 am

hi, my wife is due to apply for ILR in 2 weeks time, however in first 8months in the uk she doesn't have any documents on her name, is this gonna cause any trouble?

thanks in advance

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:47 am

Nothing at all for these 8 months? Doctors registration? Letters? Anything?

benn
Newly Registered

Post by benn » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:37 pm

Casa wrote:Nothing at all for these 8 months? Doctors registration? Letters? Anything?

no..she came in the uk in august 2009 and on oct 2009 she received the NI confirmation letter from Revenue & Customs, and until she started working in July 2010 I don't have any documents on her name,

we both are living with our parents, could I get a letter from my parents to state that all the utility bills were on their names?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:49 pm

she came in the uk in august 2009 and on oct 2009 she received the NI confirmation letter from Revenue & Customs, and until she started working in July 2010 I don't have any documents on her name
Isn't that contradictory? The NI letter is in her name, and that was issued just 2 months after she arrived.

Didn't she open a bank account? Register at a GPs?
John

benn
Newly Registered

Post by benn » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:51 pm

John wrote:
she came in the uk in august 2009 and on oct 2009 she received the NI confirmation letter from Revenue & Customs, and until she started working in July 2010 I don't have any documents on her name
Isn't that contradictory? The NI letter is in her name, and that was issued just 2 months after she arrived.

Didn't she open a bank account? Register at a GPs?
i don't know if is contradictory but soon as she arrived in the UK, she applied for NI, but no she doesn't have any other documents on her name for next 7 months, as I stated that we we been living together with my parents. is there anything I could do now.?

thanks

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:59 pm

So she did not register at a GP? And she did not open a bank account?

There is absolutely no post addressed to her for that 7 month period?
John

benn
Newly Registered

Post by benn » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:08 pm

John wrote:So she did not register at a GP? And she did not open a bank account?

There is absolutely no post addressed to her for that 7 month period?
hi mate. im afraid she wasn't registered at GP, and couldn't open any bank account because she wasn't working and also none of the utility bills were on her name, all of them were paper-free.

do you have any suggestions?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:33 am

couldn't open any bank account because she wasn't working
I really do not follow the logic of that. My own wife opened a bank account in the UK shortly after arriving, and certainly before she worked in the UK. It was only an "instant saver" account initially, but it gave her a card for the ATM, and more importantly ... regular bank statements.

Suggestions? Carefully look at the form SET(M) and see if there is anything on the list of types of evidence that she might have.

The point here of course ... for others following in your footsteps ..... is to plan ahead, and make sure you know the requirements on the form SET(M) .... even a couple of years before the form will be used.
John

benn
Newly Registered

Post by benn » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:42 am

John wrote:
I really do not follow the logic of that. My own wife opened a bank account in the UK shortly after arriving, and certainly before she worked in the UK. It was only an "instant saver" account initially, but it gave her a card for the ATM, and more importantly ... regular bank statements.

Suggestions? Carefully look at the form SET(M) and see if there is anything on the list of types of evidence that she might have.

The point here of course ... for others following in your footsteps ..... is to plan ahead, and make sure you know the requirements on the form SET(M) .... even a couple of years before the form will be used.
thanks for your help

benn
Newly Registered

Post by benn » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:39 pm

benn wrote:
John wrote:

thanks for your help
I just checked the marriage certificate and the address is different to the one we are living now. am just wondering if this will cause any problems?
on the previous address we lived there for few months when I applied for spouse visa.

also do they accept the ebill as poof of address.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:30 pm

It will cause no problem whatsoever. People are allowed to move. But of course if the form asks for previous addresses, the address on the marriage certificate should be entered.
John