ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Minor Driving offence and declaration

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pardesi
Newly Registered

Minor Driving offence and declaration

Post by pardesi » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:27 pm

Hello everyone..
i am about to make an application for a british citizenship after having ILR for 1 year.

I have got only one minor traffic offence in Sep 2010 ( less than 12 months) breaking the traffic light . I was issued Notice of intended Prosecution . One of the options for me to settle the matter by attending the Red light awareness driver education workshop to avoid the fixed penalty or points. I attended the workshop and am guessing matter is closed.
Is there a police website where one can check if the matter is settled or do I need to call local police station to check ?

Do i need to declare it in my application or not?

Regards,
pardesi

pardesi
Newly Registered

Post by pardesi » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:28 pm

can anyone plz help by replying to my query?

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:48 pm

If you read all the posts - the general opinion is best to declare it.

Also to check about the traffic offence you could do a CRB check? but am not sure if individulas can do one on themselves..worth looking into though - you can gain more knowledge if nothing else!

Best Wishes

smkamran
Newly Registered

Post by smkamran » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:59 pm

I have done CRB last week it came clean despite having two offences and attended COURT. So not sure what CRB really proves. See my post thread:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=82276

Some other threads suggest even if you go to court may still be fixed penalty.