ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General assessment process & verfication

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

glasgow15
Newly Registered

Tier 1 General assessment process & verfication

Post by glasgow15 » Sat May 07, 2011 3:41 pm

Hello to all Sr. & Jr. members of this great forum,

I was wondering if someone could detail the following for me on Tier 1 General visa category;

(i) The standard process time shown on UKBA website for this particular category is 4 weeks after biometrics of 75% applications. I 've seen people got visa approved within 10 working days from the biometrics date which simply means no verification of docs, clients (in case of self-employment) was done. Thus, can we imply if the case is delayed more than 2-3 weeks after the biometrics date, the file has forwarded further to verification team and in that case it may take upto 3 months maximum. Further, in my view, delay in reply from UKBA can be a positive sign since if they have to refuse an application that is done within 2 months max of biotmeric date. Hence, does anyone has idea how the teams and this process works in Sheffield UKBA office for applications made inside UK..?

(ii) secondly, does anyone has idea how do the caseworker/UKBA verification team do the verification generally (of course there'r some exceptions) especially in case of self-employment. To me they do always send letters asking clients to verify earnings/invoices..in this case what if client has moved into new property.

(iii) Can we write to UKBA informing any change in address of client while application is being processed, wil it not prompt them to do intense verification..?

My timelines,

Application posted = 24/03/2011
Payment Taken = 28/03/2011
Biometric taken = 12/04/2011

since then nothing heard...does it mean my file has been passed for further verification. Please note one of my friend took his biometric on 07/04/2011 and got his approval on 18/04/2011 with exactly the similar case.

please comment, thanks in advance

muraxza
BANNED

Post by muraxza » Sat May 07, 2011 6:26 pm

I am in similar position as well done my biomatrics on 8 april but still didnt heared from them though one of my friend done on same date as you enrolled but he got his approval letter yesterday it doesnt mean they have forwarded it for verifications some times as i believe they just put on hold and decide later and so on but any way we never know what would be going on inside the building
Blocked Username

glasgow15
Newly Registered

Post by glasgow15 » Sat May 07, 2011 6:36 pm

Blocked Username wrote:I am in similar position as well done my biomatrics on 8 april but still didnt heared from them though one of my friend done on same date as you enrolled but he got his approval letter yesterday it doesnt mean they have forwarded it for verifications some times as i believe they just put on hold and decide later and so on but any way we never know what would be going on inside the building
well..i hope you're right and our files don't go further for verifications which means more wait..wait...n wait...

thanks for reply by da way
cheeres

imzi
Newly Registered

Post by imzi » Thu May 12, 2011 9:45 pm

Hi There, Well I am also in same condition.. and last day i heard that.. Uk BA called my company for varification.. .. There is an issue in varification.. Initially Varification officer took some information from call receiver about company and mine as CEO was not in office.. The varification officer took cell no of CEO and called him on cell phone.. so CEO made some mistake about my salary.. Does this unmatched information leads to refusual..

faisal_sherry
Newly Registered

Post by faisal_sherry » Thu May 12, 2011 10:38 pm

Hi I am also in same condition I submitted my app on 8th march n took my biometric on 11th April n after that no response no verification about my earning as well. I pray we all get our passports back with visa stamped on them Regards

glasgow15
Newly Registered

Post by glasgow15 » Thu May 12, 2011 11:48 pm

imzi wrote:Hi There, Well I am also in same condition.. and last day i heard that.. Uk BA called my company for varification.. .. There is an issue in varification.. Initially Varification officer took some information from call receiver about company and mine as CEO was not in office.. The varification officer took cell no of CEO and called him on cell phone.. so CEO made some mistake about my salary.. Does this unmatched information leads to refusual..
well..this is quite scary, never heard before if UKBA made phone calls since they can't record such calls n hence can't be a substance for refusing an application. can u tell further about ur case i.e. is this the only company that you claimed earnings for, etc..? thanks

muraxza
BANNED

Post by muraxza » Fri May 13, 2011 12:21 pm

Well i never heard that enquiry over the phone Are your payments in cheque or online transfer or cash?
Blocked Username

ken123
Newly Registered

no response

Post by ken123 » Wed May 18, 2011 11:15 am

hi guys
I have apply for new tier 1 general, my biomat done on 10 april 2011, since nothing got it. please someone has any idea.

Thanks

glasgow15
Newly Registered

Post by glasgow15 » Wed May 18, 2011 3:31 pm

with the blessings of Almighty Allah, i got my BRP dated 16/05/2011 today so will be receiving documents shortly.

thanks to all

norealidpls

Post by norealidpls » Wed May 18, 2011 3:34 pm

Good news Mate- Congrats. Hope you will update this in the sticky topic!!!

Bijuk

Post by Bijuk » Wed May 18, 2011 3:44 pm

glasgow15 wrote:with the blessings of Almighty Allah, i got my BRP dated 16/05/2011 today so will be receiving documents shortly.

thanks to all
congrats mate

huma
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 General Timeline, Process & Verfication

Post by huma » Wed May 18, 2011 9:42 pm

glasgow15 wrote:Hello to all Sr. & Jr. members of this great forum,

I was wondering if someone could detail the following for me on Tier 1 General visa category;

(i) The standard process time shown on UKBA website for this particular category is 4 weeks after biometrics of 75% applications. I 've seen people got visa approved within 10 working days from the biometrics date which simply means no verification of docs, clients (in case of self-employment) was done. Thus, can we imply if the case is delayed more than 2-3 weeks after the biometrics date, the file has forwarded further to verification team and in that case it may take upto 3 months maximum. Further, in my view, delay in reply from UKBA can be a positive sign since if they have to refuse an application that is done within 2 months max of biotmeric date. Hence, does anyone has idea how the teams and this process works in Sheffield UKBA office for applications made inside UK..?

(ii) secondly, does anyone has idea how do the caseworker/UKBA verification team do the verification generally (of course there'r some exceptions) especially in case of self-employment. To me they do always send letters asking clients to verify earnings/invoices..in this case what if client has moved into new property.

(iii) Can we write to UKBA informing any change in address of client while application is being processed, wil it not prompt them to do intense verification..?

My timelines,

Application posted = 24/03/2011
Payment Taken = 28/03/2011
Biometric taken = 12/04/2011

since then nothing heard...does it mean my file has been passed for further verification. Please note one of my friend took his biometric on 07/04/2011 and got his approval on 18/04/2011 with exactly the similar case.
please comment, thanks in advance
hi there i am new on this forum and worried about my application, i just need to know if they pass application to verification team what kind of verification they do and how long it takes.
Application posted = 26/01/2011
Payment Taken = 12/02/2011
Biometric taken = 18/03/2011
invoices verification = 01/04/2011(some clients got verification and done)
since then nothing heard.....does it mean my file has been passed for further verification. i'll be very thankful if somebody assist me.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 General assessment process & verfication

Post by geriatrix » Thu May 19, 2011 12:41 am

huma wrote:since then nothing heard.....does it mean my file has been passed for further verification
It only means that a decision has not been made.

Why not? What's happening to my application? At what stage is my application?What are the chances of refusal vs. approval? What does all this mean?

Only a caseworker assigned to your application can answer such questions. So, be patient!
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

huma
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 General assessment process & verfication

Post by huma » Thu May 19, 2011 2:46 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
huma wrote:since then nothing heard.....does it mean my file has been passed for further verification
It only means that a decision has not been made.

Why not? What's happening to my application? At what stage is my application?What are the chances of refusal vs. approval? What does all this mean?

Only a caseworker assigned to your application can answer such questions. So, be patient!
thanks for replying sushmehta.

smk2011
Newly Registered

Post by smk2011 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:22 pm

Same here buddies..

Applied: March end
Bio metrics taken: 18th Apr
Client Verification: June 1st week.. :(

Since then nothing heard.. Still waiting...

Does any one know, how long can they take?

Kindly update if any one has any news..

smk2011
Newly Registered

Post by smk2011 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:08 pm

Dear All,

Does anyone receive any approvals???

Nothing heard for me till date and I am soooo worried :(

-Murali Krishna

rpsarangi
Member of Standing

Post by rpsarangi » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:54 am

Hi huma
did you get your visa? hopefully things will go right and you will get the visa soon.
You have mentioned about client verification. Can you please tell me , whether that was letters from the UKBA to the clients or phone calls????

and did you operate through sole trader or limited company?
thanks and all the best.

bvc07znu
Newly Registered

Hello

Post by bvc07znu » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:50 pm

Applied: 26th March
Money taken: 18th April (Officer called to say bank transaction was denied
and I had to quickly send in a postal order same day)
Biometric: 25th June
Visa received: 14th July

No verification from employer and/or clients