ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR with part salaried employment and part LLP member

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sandeepmdi
Newly Registered

ILR with part salaried employment and part LLP member

Post by sandeepmdi » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:00 am

Hi everyone,

I have a slightly peculiar case so would appreciate feedback from members of this foruim.

I am on tier 1 currently. previously was on work permit. My ILR falls due in April 2012. I would be claiming earnings for the 12 month period Feb'11 to Jan'12. From Feb'11 to Sep'11 i would be a salaried employee and would have all relvant documents for that. My current employer is a LLP (Limited Liability Partnership). From October 1, my status would change from being an employee of the LLP to being a member of LLP. I would however get a fixed profit share in the LLP with monthly payments. This will be governed by the LLP Agreement and a side letter issued to me. I would become self employed and would need to pay my own NI and taxes. I can get an accountant letter to explain this and can show my bank statements. There will however be no invoices as payments are governed by LLP agreement and side letter. The accounting year for LLP starts in July 2011 while i will be joining from Oct'11. My earnings as member of LLP would be from Oct'11 to Jan'12. Will i therefore need to show P&L and balance sheet for Oct'11 to Jan'12. What other documents might be needed in this situation for earning proof as LLP member. has anyone had an application as a LLP member with fixed share of profit (practically more or less like salary).

thanks

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:00 pm

1. LLp Registration documntes
2. Mgmt a/cs
3. Income certificate from acctns
4. Bank stateemts
5. Name of clients , invoices , agreeemts etc, now days HO is more intrusive
CDOKS