ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for New born baby checklist & Biometric

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vhsmpuk

Visa for New born baby checklist & Biometric

Post by vhsmpuk » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:47 pm

Hi,

I am applying for my new born baby. I am filling the PBS dependant Application form 07/2011.

I am applying by POST.

a) Regarding secion D, I am leaving questions where its not applicable for new born baby? Should I leave it EMPTY or say N/A?

b) Can someone please verify the following checklist ? Please let me know if I miss anything.

1) Covering Letter
2) PBS Dependant APplication form
3) Photos(2)
4) Child,Father, Mother passports - Original & photocopies
5) Baby full version birth ceritficate -Original & photocopies
6) Bank statements for 6 months
7) Marriage cerificaite - Original & photocopies

c) Regarding the bio metrics, as per the application form I need to write my details that I accompany child for bio metrics. Should I travel to Croydon for this? I live in London..

Thanks in Advance

vhsmpuk

Post by vhsmpuk » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:49 pm

few more details..

Child was born in UK and I am applying for UK visa.
I have applied the Indian passport & received this week

Venk_it

Post by Venk_it » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:39 pm

a)Yes please leave it as N/A

b)looks fine for me.

c)Yes you have to travel to your BIOmetric center fi you are putting in your details They only take a photograph of the baby.

vhsmpuk

Post by vhsmpuk » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:55 pm

Thanks Venkt.

I heard from someone that there is a option that you dont opt for Bio metric. The application states it is mandatory. Are you aware of this?

ukbuddy

Post by ukbuddy » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:39 pm

you don't need to attach parents passports. Only photocopy will work

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:25 pm

if the baby is less than 1 year old..they wont take the biometrics...

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:17 pm

gaurav76.5 wrote:if the baby is less than 1 year old..they wont take the biometrics...
they take a photo, but not fingerprints. the child still needs to attend the biometric enrolment unit/PEO for this.

zamaan
Newly Registered

Re: Visa for New born baby checklist & Biometric

Post by zamaan » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:33 pm

vhsmpuk wrote:Hi,

I am applying for my new born baby. I am filling the PBS dependant Application form 07/2011.

I am applying by POST.

a) Regarding secion D, I am leaving questions where its not applicable for new born baby? Should I leave it EMPTY or say N/A?

b) Can someone please verify the following checklist ? Please let me know if I miss anything.

1) Covering Letter
3) Photos(2)

c) Regarding the bio metrics, as per the application form I need to write my details that I accompany child for bio metrics. Should I travel to Croydon for this? I live in London..

Thanks in Advance
hi friend,

right now i'm in the same situation you had for your newborn visa. i'm gonna apply visa for my daughter soon. she was born in august at ealing, uk.

any advice for me. hope you got visa for your lil one. i am also going to apply with the same documents which had mentioned here. is that worked well, did you submitted anything more than that. let me know pls.
i appreciates any posts and valuable comments.

thanks

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Re: Visa for New born baby checklist & Biometric

Post by pgaitonde » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:59 pm

zamaan wrote:
vhsmpuk wrote:Hi,

I am applying by POST.

1) Covering Letter
3) Photos(2)

Thanks in Advance
hi friend,

right now i'm in the same situation you had for your newborn visa. i'm gonna apply visa for my daughter soon. she was born in august at ealing, uk.

any advice for me. hope you got visa for your lil one. i am also going to apply with the same documents which had mentioned here. is that worked well, did you submitted anything more than that. let me know pls.
i appreciates any posts and valuable comments.

thanks
Guys,
Please read the documents properly. The baby born anywhere doesnt have to provide a biometrics until they are 6 years old.

The documents which you have stated are enough.
1) Covering Letter - Not required
3) Photos(2)

Do not provide any covering letter. If you have a BRP card then send that along with a photocopy. Also send the Tier 1 approval letter which you have received for you and your wife.

I applied last year for my daughter on jan 4 and got the visa on jan 28th... I applied by post..no need to go into PEO appointment..waste of money..