ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

M&L
Newly Registered

Settlement Visa

Post by M&L » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:26 am

Hello. all.

I want to know if anyone have got a settlement visa from China or another country that can give me some help.

I am a British male citizen and my wife is a Chinese, we have been married for seven years in China, and we both plan to return to the UK in Jan 2012 my wife will take her Ielts next month and this is our first time to apply for a Settlement Visa.

My Expert working visa card here in China will end on the 31st of Jan 2012 because I can't renew it, and the Chinese office have already given me two years stay over because I married a Chinese citizen making it Seven year total, I was told the Expart card is only for five year in China. do I need to tell the Visa office this or add it to the Visa forum?

What will I have to prepare for in this visa and my wife?

How much savings do we need in the Bank?

My wife have a Master Degree in Chinese law with Computer skills, can she use this Degree in the UK and do she need to add her Education to the Visa forum only?

Me and my wife visit the UK in 2004 when we first got married will this information be useful to the Visa forum or leave it out?

We are both worried over one problem my parents don't own their home it's local Council 3 bedroom house but my partents are both Retired, we stay there before in 2004 on a visit, but we can buy this house though my parents and the Councl at a cheaper price. when we return to the UK do we need to add this infomation to the Visa forum?

Thank you :)

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:54 pm

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/settlement/spouses

Read the above two links carefully. If you have any questions after that, then post them here and we will try and help you answer them