ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home or International fees ???

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

stevenage

Home or International fees ???

Post by stevenage » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:45 pm

I have been in the UK for 5 years as student and now on spouse visa married to BC. Do I qualify for home fees ?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:50 pm

Probably not, as although you are a relevent family member of a UK national, and have been ordinarily resident in the UK/EEA for the three year period prior to the start of your course, the main purpose of your residence during that three year period was to recieve full time education. See category 3

aosun007

Post by aosun007 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:55 pm

Not only you must be in UK not for the purpose of education for three years, You need to be free from immigration control as well to enjoy home fees.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:42 am

May also depend on category of course.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:18 am

aosun007 wrote:Not only you must be in UK not for the purpose of education for three years, You need to be free from immigration control as well to enjoy home fees.
There is no requirement to be settled if the person is the relevant family member of an EU national - including of a UK national. Try reading the link i already posted.

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:48 pm

aosun007 wrote:Not only you must be in UK not for the purpose of education for three years, You need to be free from immigration control as well to enjoy home fees.
I'm subject to immigration control and I'm still counted as a home student. Been living in Ireland all of my life, non EU passport, married to a British citizen. So you can get a student visa and still be a home student. Oh and I haven't been living in the EU for the purpose of study, I just grew up here all of my life.