ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please Help Urgently : Received letter to attend interview

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chrisini77

Post by chrisini77 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:22 pm

I have applied for further leave to remain as a spouse of a british citizen in August 2010. my first application was deemed invalid because they could not take funds off my account. my passport was held for 2 months before it was returned to me and by this time my visa had expired 3 september 2010. I re applied in Dec 2010 and i was asked to go for my bio metrics but later received my documents that i filled in the wrong form since there was a new form out by this time. i did the new english language requirement exemption through UK Naric and was confirmed that my first degree was taught and researched in english. I then made an application again in march 2011 and was asked to go for bio metrics but later got my application back in april 2011 as refused and my passport and marriage certificate was witheld and to contact my local ukba office to discuss my travel plans. I consulted legal advice but was advised to travel back home and make and application from my home country. I have been trying to gather all the necessary documents required to make my application from my home country and have gotten my flight ticket. I received a letter from my local ukba office to contact them and arrange an interview for this month, who knows what the interview would be all about? I would like anyone with similar experience to shed some light on this my situation. Thnks Chris
Last edited by chrisini77 on Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:30 pm

Why was the most recent application refused?

chrisini77

Please Help Urgently

Post by chrisini77 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:48 pm

The UKBA said i made a valid application but my leave to remain had expired so on this basis my application was refused.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:05 pm

See also Forrester, R.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

chrisini77

Post by chrisini77 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:11 am

Thanks Vinnie, but i have decided to go back home to make an application....but my issue is that my local ukba office has asked me to attend an interview....and dont know what the interview entails.

yoyonix
Newly Registered

Post by yoyonix » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:46 pm

I have been through the exact same story. It's not really an interview, it's for you to sign some papers etc etc. That you are sane and healthey....
I guess they asked you to bring your flight ticket with you ?!

chrisini77

Post by chrisini77 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:16 pm

Thanks yoyonix ....i was not told to bring a ticket, but just to come and attend the interview with my documents....i dont know what this is all about and what documents are required of me. How did you settle yours....did you have to travel back to your home country to make an application? Thanks once more!!!!

chrisini77

Post by chrisini77 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:18 am

Hello all, Please i still need suggestions regarding the interview that the local ukba office in my area asked me to attend. They still have my passport with them. thanks

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:28 pm

I really cant see the logic in OP wanting to go home and apply, when she could fight the lawfulness of the refusal, with a good chance of succeeding. Going home will be starting the whole process again, when in actual fact you may already be eligible for Ilr.

You really should think this through properly.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

chrisini77

Post by chrisini77 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:53 pm

Thanks Obie...i was not given a right to appeal...my legal advisers has looked into my case and said since my leave to remain had expired when the home office deemed i had made a valid application, i can go for a judicial review which he is not guaranteeing a positive result and the length of time it would take he advised i go home and make an application.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:31 pm

I may be wrong, but i find it hard to see how your interest will be served by going abroad and reapplying, and then having to wait for another two year, goodness know what law will be in place then. In my view, you case fell entirely within the scope of Forrester,R , which was kindly highlighted by Vinny. On the basis of that, UKBA will think twice before proceeding with a claim of that nature, in light of an authority in place. If you suceed you will then receive ILR, rather than having to start the whole process again.

Any way it is entirely your choice and i wish you all the best in whatever decision you make
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

yoyonix
Newly Registered

Post by yoyonix » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:42 pm

Hi chrisini77,

My story is not much different from yours really, Apart from a few details.

I studied in a private English school in London from February 2008 to March 2010. Few months before my visa had expired (October 2009), I lodged an application to the UK Border Agency through the school’s Visa Advice Office to extend my stay in the UK and continue my studies. The service is not free and I was asked to pay £100 to them to deal with any correspondence between me and the home office. Their duty was to inform me about any updates regarding my application and -most importantly- to contact me as soon they've received my passport and the decision on my application.
The UKBA, had returned my passport to the school in March 2010, along with a letter explaining why my visa was refused and stating that I had 10 days to contact the home office and arrange my departure to my home country (Algeria).
I was obviously totally unaware of the situation until, a month later, I receive a phone call from the visa advisor telling me that they missed to inform me on time that they had received my passport back ( and the refusal letter ) and that I was at that moment considered as an “overstayerâ€

chrisini77

Please Help Urgently : guys need help on this matter

Post by chrisini77 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:20 pm

Hello everyone on the forum I had a full time job and a part time job....but had to resign from the full time job due to my immigration issues...but my part time job is with an agency who confirmed my name is still on their books even though i had not worked for them in over a year now.

I would appreciate it if i can get suggestions regarding the VAF4 form Part 5.... where it talks about finance and employment ....can i indicate that i have a job contract?

i would also like to know if it is essential to put in my bank statements and payslips which i have overdrawn since i have been off work to support my application.
Cheers

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:54 am

yoyonix wrote:I had obviously asked solicitors for advice and they told me the same thing; my best option was to go back to my country and apply for settlement from there. Which I did, TWICE.

Today, I've been apart from my partner for over 8 months, and we're still waiting for an answer from UKBA regarding my spouse visa.
See also Doing the right thing?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

chrisini77

Please Can Anyone Advise Me on FLR (M)27 months to ILR

Post by chrisini77 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:10 pm

I need advice on applying for ILR...i got married in 2010 but was refused and was asked to leave the country in 2011 and reapply from my home country which i did. I applied from home and was given 27 months starting from october, i entered the country in november 2011. i would like to know when would it be advisable for me to apply as i want to make a PEO application. Thanks