ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

99minus8
Newly Registered

Ceremony

Post by 99minus8 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:01 am

Hi guys

Sorry if the question sounds silly but i hope you can help me. I have booked a ceremony to take place in Newham, London. The person on a phone stated i should bring the two peaces of residential ID ( what does it mean?). I only have an invitation letter, passport and a bank statement with my address. I do not have any other bills on my name. Would that be enough? Those of you who had been through the process please advice. Thank you so much x

Nazia88

Re: Ceremony

Post by Nazia88 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:38 pm

99minus8 wrote:Hi guys

Sorry if the question sounds silly but i hope you can help me. I have booked a ceremony to take place in Newham, London. The person on a phone stated i should bring the two peaces of residential ID ( what does it mean?). I only have an invitation letter, passport and a bank statement with my address. I do not have any other bills on my name. Would that be enough? Those of you who had been through the process please advice. Thank you so much x
its fine dont worry bank statment is a proof of address.
NAZIA XX

99minus8
Newly Registered

Re: Ceremony

Post by 99minus8 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:45 pm

Nazia88 wrote:
99minus8 wrote:Hi guys

its fine dont worry bank statment is a proof of address.
thanx, Nazia :) I was just not sure what 2 "residential IDs" mean. Does it mean i need to bring two documents proving my address or not....

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:53 pm

Wasn't the invitation letter sent to your address? That can count as another proof.

From Newham's council website:
What documents do I need to bring to my Citizenship Ceremony?

You will need to bring: (1) your Home Office citizenship invitation letter (2) original photo identification such as a passport or driving licence. You must bring these documents with you otherwise the ceremony cannot take place.
Enjoy your ceremony.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:15 pm

You only need the invitation letter and your photo id ie passport or driving license.

99minus8
Newly Registered

Post by 99minus8 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:43 pm

thanks so much to all! x