ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Success at PEO Belfast

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Hanae
Newly Registered

Success at PEO Belfast

Post by Hanae » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:18 am

Hello everyone,

Fist of all, thank you very much for helping me in this site. Last a few days before application I read only the success stories to make me calm down.

I was a WP holder for 5 years with the same employer.

My appointment was at 9:30 so I was there at 9am. I went through security check, I had my knitting with me to spend waiting time but I couldn't take it because of the knitting needles. Anyway I didn't need it because it went very very quick!

I was given the number, at 9:30 I was called to bring all the documents to the counter. The lady went through my application form and letters from employer. Suddenly she put the blind down so I couldn't see her but it looked like she called her senior to discuss something. I was scared.

She opened the blind and called me if I had P60, so I handed my P60 for 5years. I thought that I didn't need them but I had them for just in case. She closed the blind again and talked with her senior, that was really scary moment. Because I knew that my salary is now less than written amount on WP, as I am getting paied weekly, since last 2 years I have decreased number of hours to work. But hourly wage is still much higher than Code of practise.

Blind was opened again and the lady smiled at me saying, it was just a little question about my payment but everything is ok. She told me to go to the next counter for payment.

Then I had a biggest problem, I made a check, but they didn't take check in PEO Belfast, which I didn't know until I got there! Luckily I had my debit card with me and had just amount of money to be taken!!

Then I was told to go to the reception counter to be given all the documents and passport with ILR.

Before 10:30am, I was already out of PEO! with a great relief.

All staffs were very kind and smiley, very clean building situated behind the woods so it was quiet. I didn't see any comment about PEO Belfast before, but would say that it must be one of the nicest ones to recommend (just a little bit far away from most of people!)

Thank you all again, and good luck for everyone who are applying ILR.

Hana

smaganti

Post by smaganti » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:24 am

Hi..congratulations..how much is your salary less than workpermit..

Hanae
Newly Registered

Post by Hanae » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:11 pm

On my work permit, it says 19000 but I get about 17000 per year at the moment.

riojamel

hi hannae

Post by riojamel » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:48 pm

congrats
me and my wife was there before u
hope u remeber
we got ILR too
many many congrats

Hanae
Newly Registered

Post by Hanae » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:46 pm

of course I remember you both! and congratulation to you, too.

Hana

aosun007

Post by aosun007 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:56 pm

Congrats

dr_raihan29

Post by dr_raihan29 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:04 pm

congrats and a couple of questions please

I live in Belfast and was planning to apply to shefield/croydon/birmingham as I didn't think Belfast being a new peo would be too much clued in regarding the Hsmp JR(pre nov) for example exemption from LIUK, PBS, criminality etc and maybe the bigger ones who faces more of pre nov cases would be easier, but your post has got me tempted as it would be so much more convinient to simply walk down(yes near walking distance to my house!) than flying to England. But can you tell me how many days before your appt did you book your date and did you book via phone or website?. And reading your post I could gather that they hv the facility to stamp the visa on the same day(quite surprised actually as bigger place like cardiff don't), Do I have to take the dependents?
thanks
raihan

ramay

Post by ramay » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:20 pm

Hi Hanae and riojamel! What about the abscences? Is any of yours were exceed 90/180?