ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT HELP NEEDED!

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

acertified
Newly Registered

URGENT HELP NEEDED!

Post by acertified » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:12 pm

Dear All,

I have finished my graduation, and heading for a postgraduate course due to commence in September this year. my wife stays with me and we both are willing to extend our stay in the UK. i know there are new rules in place from 4'th July 2011. My postgraduate course lasts only 9 months but my dependants is already in the UK.

1. can she renew her visa as a tier 4 dependant at the same as me?

2 if needed, can we both switch to tier 1 (post study work) before the route would close and while we are on the tier 4 visa?

please see the link and quote below that i got from this link: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/study ... ts/family/

''If your dependants are already in the UK with permission, they will be allowed to extend their stay provided they apply at the same time as you apply to undertake a course of study lasting more than 6 months''