ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dying for HELP! Please I need Answers...

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sparta

Dying for HELP! Please I need Answers...

Post by sparta » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:32 am

Hi guys,
I hope you can help me with this problem and questions that I have.

I am an international student presently studying in a university outside London. My course runs from September 25, 2010 - September 27, 2011. For whatever reason my original CAS stated that my course will end July 2010 that is why my visa is only up to August 3, 2011.

I already have my marks in all of my module except for a failed mark on one of my module. I contacted my tutor and she told me to resubmit my assessment for second attempt. The resubmission date will be end of August of early September. They will give us CAS for our extension. My other friends will be extending their visa to resit and or resubmit an assessment. My problem is, I only got £800 pound running in my account for 3 months and I only added £400 to make it £1200 just recently, and it will not be on its 28th day when my visa expires on the 3rd of August.

I am planning to go back home before my visa expires and apply for an extension in my home country. But I have some major concern about this plan, like the following:

1. If I applied in my home country for an extension, will they give me entry clearance for the fact that my TIER 4 visa already expired at that time?

2. Will the home office give me an extension if it only 3 months?

What are my best options? Please help, really needed it badly. It will be really appreciated.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:35 am

what is your exact new end date?

sparta

Greenie

Post by sparta » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:10 am

Hi Greenie,

I still don't know the exact new end date. I just requested for a new CAS and it will be out after the 25th of July. I really don't know what to do

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Greenie

Post by Greenie » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:14 am

sparta wrote:Hi Greenie,

I still don't know the exact new end date. I just requested for a new CAS and it will be out after the 25th of July. I really don't know what to do
well what date have they told you that you have to resubmit your work by?

If the end date is going to be end of August then you will only need one month's worth of maintenance (£600 if you are outside London) as long as you don't apply more than a month before the end date. Perhaps ask that they make the end date 1st September or 31st August and then you can apply on 2nd/3rd August and only have to show £600 from within the UK.

sparta

Greenie

Post by sparta » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:20 am

My tutor told me that I can submit my work as early as I can, she can provide a provisional mark, and it will still be on the assessment board mid august. Can I ask the university to tell them that my new end date will only on the 31 of August?

If that happens, I only need to show £600 in my account? is that right?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:17 pm

sparta wrote:My tutor told me that I can submit my work as early as I can, she can provide a provisional mark, and it will still be on the assessment board mid august. Can I ask the university to tell them that my new end date will only on the 31 of August?

If that happens, I only need to show £600 in my account? is that right?
yes as long as you don't apply earlier than 1st Aug you will only need to show one month's worth of maintenance, (£600 if you are outside London) as there will only be one month of your course remaining.

sparta

Greenie

Post by sparta » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:35 pm

How many times a TIER 4 student will be allowed to do Extension? If for instance my university provided me a CAS with a new end date of let say 1st of September, will they give me additional month for the extension or a few days? Or my extension will be only on the 1st of September as stated on my CAS?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:46 pm

sparta wrote:How many times a TIER 4 student will be allowed to do Extension? If for instance my university provided me a CAS with a new end date of let say 1st of September, will they give me additional month for the extension or a few days? Or my extension will be only on the 1st of September as stated on my CAS?
If your course started on 25th Sep 2010 and ends on 1st September 2011, it will be more than 6 months but less than 12 months long. Therefore, if a decision is made before your course ends, you will get an additional 2 months after the end date of your course. If a decision is made after your course has finished, you will get an additional 3 months from the date of decision.

You can resit the same module more than twice (in other words, you can only attempt a module 3 times).

sparta

Greenie

Post by sparta » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:50 pm

Thank you so much for your help. It became clearer now. The only concern left in me now is that, Can I actually request my uni for a CAS with a new end date of 1st of September?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:58 pm

sparta wrote:Thank you so much for your help. It became clearer now. The only concern left in me now is that, Can I actually request my uni for a CAS with a new end date of 1st of September?
if they said the would issue you a CAS, and that you would be given to end Aug/beginning Sep then I don't see why not but it is up to your uni, no one can really answer that one for you

sparta

Greenie

Post by sparta » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:19 pm

Sorry if I ask a lot of question. One more thing, my friends has the same situation with me. They put in money on their account to complete the £1200 maintenance requirements. But the money will be on its 28th day after our visa expires. They decided to go on with the extension even if the money will not be on its 28th day when they do the application. They will instead send together with their application a written explanation that the money is not on its 28th day but they can maintain it, that they did not anticipated it and that they lack time to wait for it.

Is it a good decision? will the home office credit the explanation?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:23 pm

sparta wrote:Sorry if I ask a lot of question. One more thing, my friends has the same situation with me. They put in money on their account to complete the £1200 maintenance requirements. But the money will be on its 28th day after our visa expires. They decided to go on with the extension even if the money will not be on its 28th day when they do the application. They will instead send together with their application a written explanation that the money is not on its 28th day but they can maintain it, that they did not anticipated it and that they lack time to wait for it.

Is it a good decision? will the home office credit the explanation?
no, application will be refused if the money has not been held for 28 days on the date of decision.

sparta

Greenie

Post by sparta » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:29 pm

I wanted to know the outcome if any decisions I will make.

For instance my university give me a CAS with a new expected end date of September 27, that would mean that I need to show a minimum of £1200 maintenance fund which at the moment will be on its 28th day 10 days after my visa expires. If this is the case, can I apply for an extension using the CAS in my own country with my TIER 4 visa already expired?