ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

letter from IPS regarding child's passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jake749
Newly Registered

letter from IPS regarding child's passport application

Post by jake749 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:55 am

Hi,

I received a letter from IPS and it says,,,

Thank you for your recent passport application

Unfortunately I have not been able to contact you to discuss your application. Please phone me on the direct phone number shown below as soon as possible.

I've used the check and send service and I have send all the documents required for the application... the naturalisation certificate and passports...

I'm just wondering what could this be,, as anyone received such letter?

many thanks
Last edited by jake749 on Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

jake749
Newly Registered

Post by jake749 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:23 am

Sorry, I forgot to mention that were applying for our first british passport me, my wife and my two kids, and this two letter I've received is just about the application of my two kids, me and my wife haven't received anything yet from IPS, so basically like I've said that this two letters are pertaining to my kids application. hope you guys can enlighten me about this one...many thanks in advance

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:30 am

Did you attached your children registration certificate also?

Were your kids born in the UK? Before of after you received ILR/PR?

jake749
Newly Registered

Post by jake749 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:37 am

Hi Jambo,

I didn't attached my children registration certicate, my youngest daughter was born in the uk (we were still under working permit visa when she was born) and the eldest was born outside UK. I've got a friend who's got the same condition as mine, they've only send naturalisation certificate and passports. and haven't received the same letter. many thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:53 am

Did you apply for registration for your children? because your children are not automatically British because you are British now. You need to apply for registration (similar to naturalisation but for children). The process takes 1-2 months and costs 810 Pounds.

Don't know the details of the case of your friend but if you haven't applied to register your children as British, they are not British.

If you did apply for registration, it is likely IPS will just ask for the certificates.

jake749
Newly Registered

Post by jake749 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:16 pm

We've got naturalisation certificate ( applied using AN and MN1 form) if that's what you are referring to, I think we've paid 810 in the home office. I have send their certificate together with their current foreign passport.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:31 pm

If you sent the certificates, you should be fine.
You will need to wait till tomorrow to find out what IPS wanted.

jake749
Newly Registered

Post by jake749 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:40 pm

I suppose I'll have to wait till tomorrow, anyway many thanks jambo...