ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Staying with current employer while applying for EEA2

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rexmedorum
Newly Registered

Staying with current employer while applying for EEA2

Post by rexmedorum » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:26 pm

My partner (we're looking to get married soonish) wnat to do an EEA2 application. She's currently on a Tier2 expiering in December. Her current job wants to extend her contract by 3 months but at this point its uncertain whether there will be funds beyond that.

So the question si: how can she remain working ofr her current employer if we don't get the Resedence Card back before december (which from what I read does not seem that far fetched)?

If not would it be possible to ask the passport back to apply for an extension to the Tier2 with the employers sponsorship?

dasjoker

Re: Staying with current employer while applying for EEA2

Post by dasjoker » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:43 pm

rexmedorum wrote:My partner (we're looking to get married soonish) wnat to do an EEA2 application. She's currently on a Tier2 expiering in December. Her current job wants to extend her contract by 3 months but at this point its uncertain whether there will be funds beyond that.

So the question si: how can she remain working ofr her current employer if we don't get the Resedence Card back before december (which from what I read does not seem that far fetched)?

If not would it be possible to ask the passport back to apply for an extension to the Tier2 with the employers sponsorship?
After applying EEA2 you will receive Certificate of application and with this should be fine.
Last edited by dasjoker on Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jimmyharris
BANNED

Re: Staying with current employer while applying for EEA2

Post by jimmyharris » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:00 am

dasjoker wrote:
rexmedorum wrote:My partner (we're looking to get married soonish) wnat to do an EEA2 application. She's currently on a Tier2 expiering in December. Her current job wants to extend her contract by 3 months but at this point its uncertain whether there will be funds beyond that.

After applying EEA2 you will receive Certificate of approval and with this should be fine.
Not certificate of Approval but certificate of application which should be ok for the next six months

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:50 am

It seems that there are currently two versions of CoA (Certificate of Application). One that explicitly confirms the right to work until the application is decided, another one that doesn't confirm this (but also doesn't say that you are not allowed to work).

Processing times for the EEA applications seem to have improved a bit (three, four months or so) so if you apply now you are likely to have a result before December. It is possible to ask your passport back at any time without affecting your application.