ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa from India. waiting time

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hmm

spouse visa from India. waiting time

Post by hmm » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:23 am

Friend of mine applied for a spouse visa in Chennai, India three weeks ago. She was told by VFS staff at the time that she would hear from them within 15 DAYS if it was going to be refused. If she DOESN'T hear from them within 15 days then that's good news and her visa will be issued in 3 months time.

Has anybody heard that? Surely they can't say if we going to refuse it'll be done in 15 days and if the visa is going to be issued it'll be in 3 months. can they??

Has anyone applied for any visa from any part of India recently? How long did it take?

sweetmissy

Post by sweetmissy » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:12 am

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/processingtimes

This is only an average... but it might help..

I have not heard that they are able to say a refusal will be determined in under 15 days.

My husband has applied for his spouse visa in Cairo:

one person got a refusal in under a month of waiting (Applied after us)...

We have been waiting over 2 months now... but then again, someone waited over 2 months for a refusal...

Its hard to know.. I'm sure one of the moderators will be abkle to advise.. be interesting to know..

batleykhan

Re: spouse visa from India. waiting time

Post by batleykhan » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:45 am

hmm wrote:Friend of mine applied for a spouse visa in Chennai, India three weeks ago. She was told by VFS staff at the time that she would hear from them within 15 DAYS if it was going to be refused. If she DOESN'T hear from them within 15 days then that's good news and her visa will be issued in 3 months time.

Has anybody heard that? Surely they can't say if we going to refuse it'll be done in 15 days and if the visa is going to be issued it'll be in 3 months. can they??

Has anyone applied for any visa from any part of India recently? How long did it take?
I think someone in India is pulling your friends leg. It will be no doubt those ravaging agents who hang around the VFS office looking for vulnerable culprits like your friend. The average waiting time in India for spouse application is around 3 months. :roll:

hmm

Post by hmm » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:22 pm

She was told by the VFS staff in the counter where she submitted the application. I think it is the VFS staff pulling her leg.
I guess she will just have to wait for few months to find out.